Recent Video Game Purchases

Discussion in 'General Video Games Discussion' started by VongolaGearX, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

The only shipped it last night, but it's already out for delivery...I'll have it in a few hours (if I pick it up right away). Guess I know what my next gaming session will be made of. Can't wait to see both steel books side by side; they're both so gorgeous.

EDIT: Yup, got it. The second steelbook is just as beautiful as the first. :) The cards are nice, too...have to figure out what I'm going to do with them soon, before I end up misplacing them.

Another EDIT: If I'm not mishearing, Celine sound really different in some of the voiced lines in Relentless...

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  2. Cryrobinson

Cryrobinson Active Member

Got my copy of Crystal Crisis in the mail, and while I didn't get a ton of time in it last night, it's not exactly, how do I say, the best. The dynamic is layer colored blocks (like Puyo) then use a diamond of that color to shatter them. And it's cool and all, but it just hasn't clicked with me fully yet. The voice acting was pretty atrocious though! Looking forward to putting more time into it, hopefully my affection for it grows!

3. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Since last post...

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice (3DS sale)
    Atelier Lulua ~The Scion of Arland~ LE
    Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[st] (finally found one... prices going up on this tho)
    Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (XBO version... I hear it's more enhanced that the PS4 'prototype' and I'm still graphics>Switch portability)
    Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido ($10 sale, finally a sweet spot since I waited :p)
    Our World Is Ended (surprised it was boxed! Nice!)
    Crystal Crisis (surprised it was boxed! Nice!)
    Curse of the Moon - Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon LRG LE

4. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

Pfft playing JRPGs on an XBOX, what is this 2007? :p

Seriously though where did you get that sal on Sushido, and which version? And didn't you already get the digital Curse of the Moon Moon?

I will need to prepare my photo for May pickups, but it was not much physical this month... also my Amazon.jp order is randomly being returned... does anyone know if an order is being "returned" before it arrived if it will ship out again, or is the order more or less canceled?

5. Ammy175

Ammy175 Well-Known Member

I've heard this before, but I'm not really sure what the differences are between the PS4, Steam, and Switch versions. And I guess Xbox, but I don't have a boner, so it doesn't interest me as much as the other 3. Anyone know what the differences are, exactly?

6. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I mean, arrogant Sony is back, sadly :( Still wanted whatever the "enhanced" stuff is.

Sushido was an in-store Frys sale over the weekend. Price kept going down on Newegg, but shipping killed the deal. Had to travel out to a further Frys to get it, since their online inventiry wasnt accurate :/

Bloodstained I wanted physical anyhow, and LRG made it look great! LE looks like an awesome NES box! Best Buy is actually selling the Switch version with an alternate cover (complete with inside cover art and manual!)

7. DustyStarr

May Pickups

[​IMG]

Digital (Switch sale):
    -Bird Game+
    -Guacamelee
    -Guacamlee2
    -Steamworld Dig
    -Steamworld Hiest
    -Bastion
    -Snake Pass
    -Gato Roboto

Also not on sale I got the Castlevania Anniversary Collection

8. Ammy175

Ammy175 Well-Known Member

I just saw this on Steam, and it's interesting you got it, cuz I thought you might be interested in it.

9. DustyStarr

It's like Metroid II with kitties, two things I love together. X3

10. banballow

banballow Well-Known Member

Two latest Switch pickups...
    [​IMG]

11. Cryrobinson

Cryrobinson Active Member

Got my copy of Steins;Gate Elite. Excited to play it, I've been watching the anime and really really enjoying it, I've only heard the game is better!

12. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Just a few things this week:
    Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth LE
    The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II bonus pack
    KotoDama: The 7 Mysteries of Fujisawa (have a feeling this will end up being really hard to find... only Gamestop and Amazon sells it)

13. AttentionDeficitGuy

AttentionDeficitGuy Well-Known Member

Finally got my copy of Cold Steel II: Relentless. Had a bit of a scare with this one - at first I thought it was simply shipped late, but it turns out it arrived at my building while I was at work on Tuesday and the package was stolen. Thankfully, Amazon replaced it without any hassle, so no money down the drain.

EDIT: And it looks like my getting a replacement copy might have been good karma - the copy I actually got seems to have an extra Ouroboros pin packaged in! (That'll make up for the fact I lost my Erebonian Stallion pin from the original CSI LE.)

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  14. banballow

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  15. Ryos

Ryos Active Member

I'm apparently brain dead because I posted this in two wrong threads, lol.

My Bloodstained copy rolled in the mailbox! Which I'm not going to touch until the day 1 patch at least hits. I wasn't thrilled most of the goodies are being shipped at a later date (soundtrack/poster both should be pretty awesome) but at least I looked at what was going on before I blasted an email asking what happened. D: I have an ominous feeling of dread that the game's going to be clunky for a while until some post-release development support fixes things up (review embargoes hardly ever mean anything positive), but hopefully we aren't talking like XBC 2 or No Man's Sky levels of launch roughness.

Picked up a couple games last couple weeks during Playstation Days/BB sales (I mentioned Vesperia/Colossus elsewhere):
    • Okami HD
    • Last Guardian
    • Dragon Marked For Death (wasn't planning to pick this up any time soon but apparently recent updates made the solo experience a lot less painful than release)

16. banballow

Just got home for the evening, and found my Super Neptunia RPG LE waiting for me. :D

17. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

-Bullet Witch (finally found a copy with the poster)
    -Dragon Star Varnier LE
    -Mercenaries Saga Chronicles (feels like it'll be hard to find, and GCU at Best Buy is ending!!)
    -Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (my PS4 slip cover copy, plus the Best Buy copy for Switch to get the steelbook)
    -Team Sonic Racing (too many sales!)
    -Chronus Arc PS4/Vita from LRG
    -Super Neptunia RPG LE for Switch
    Neo Atlas 1469 (GCU ending and have a feeling this'll be really rare)
    -Danganronpa Trilogy (wanted PS4 copy of v3 and once again, feeling that this'll be super duper rare)

18. banballow

Let's see, I picked up my copy of Super Mario Maker 2 yesterday, and payed off my copy of Clannad from Amazon JP.

19. MrDetective

MrDetective Member

Anyone picking up anything on Steam?

I think I can get Gal Gun or Senran Kangura Peach Splash, or Doom. Or maybe I should wait until Black Friday, since I won't be playing them for a while. :p

20. Ryos

Ryos Active Member

I might pass on this sale. Too many meh discounts and my Steam wallet is next to nothing anyway.

1. Langrisser I & II Switch version and every single Urushihara merchandise added with no regrets
    2. DATE A LIVE: Rio Reincarnation Limited Edition (Version: Steam) - didn't think I'd ever see the day where I'd break down and buy an LE for a game with just a downloadable code, but I guess that day is today

MrDetective likes this.