Recent Video Game Purchases

Discussion in 'General Video Games Discussion' started by VongolaGearX, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Only a few things since I've last popped in >_>
    EDIT: Guess it's been a while, a few other things...

-Cytus Alpha
    -King of Fighters 97 (Vita SE, PS4 LE)
    -Koihime Enbu Rai Rai Rai LE
    -Nurse Love Syndrome LE
    -Endless Ocean
    -Way of the Samurai 4 PS3 (deep sale)
    -Valthirian Arc: Hero School Story (super cheap)
    -Zanki Zero: Last Beginning
    -Grisaia Phantom Trigger Vol.1-2 (Kickstarter)
    -Parascientific Escape: Cruise in the Distant Seas/Gear Detective/Crossing at the Farthest Horizon (eShop sale)
    -Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr.'s Journey (Best Buy sale)
    -Gungrave VR (Best Buy sale)
    -Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes (Best Buy sale)

Last edited: May 17, 2019
  2. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

Where did you find Endless Ocean? It feels so out of place in the rest of the list. X3

Oh yeah speaking of purchases I got some neon yellow joy cons, partially because I have wanted them and they were on sale (ish), but also I'm having Joycon Drift issues so the timing seemed decent enough.

3. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Half Price. One of the nearby stores is closing (building got bought out) so most of their stock is getting shipped to my local one, and I found it among some of the stuff they put out. I recently bought the sequel, since I realized that I don't have much in terms of nature walking sims. This one was in excellent condition too. Then I added Deadly Creatures back to my wants list... Back in the day, I was reallllly looking forward to it, and then I lost interest for some reason. Now I realized it would be fun to play again lol

4. DustyStarr

Damn, I had the same exact experience with Deadly Creatures. X3 I was really hyped before it came out after like E3 footage and a Nintendo Power preview, but then I just.... never got it. But I also added it to my list of Wii Wants a few months back. Saw it at Gamestop but it was disc only so I passed it by. Hopng to stumble on a complete copy sometime.

Endless Ocean 1 is more of a fish cataloging Sim. X3 2 actually has a story structure with missions and combat (kinda), which is why a lot of people tend to prefer 1 in my experience. I love the series so I'm just happy to see someone else picking them up. Do you have Fishing Resort tho?

5. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Nah never did get Fishing Resort. The fishing part I've never been big into on games (although it was kinda fun in Ys 8, even though my hand hurt :x) but the scuba diving thing seemed nice and relaxing. I even have ABZU on backlog >_>

6. DustyStarr

I figured you might want Fishing Resort for the collectibility, since it is hard to find now. X3 But I can get not being into it. It is THE BEST fishing game though, and like an RPG which I like. It's like an RPG collectathon with fishing controls.

7. banballow

banballow Well-Known Member

Nothing fancy, but I picked up Blades of Time on the Switch.
    It's not exactly top tier, but the time mechanics are fun once you get the hang of them.

8. DustyStarr

is that the sequel to X Blades? And if so... was that game also ported, and also.... why were either ported? X3

9. banballow

It's not a sequel, it's a "spiritual successor". :p
    Haven't seen or heard of X-Blades on Switch... and honestly, I have no idea why they did this.

I've read that the game crashes a lot, which I haven't noticed yet, though I've only made it to Chapter Two.
    I did notice though that the approximately 2 minute scene that plays at the start, the intro for the game that shows you who Ayumi's partner Zero is, and how exactly she makes her way to Dragonland is missing on the Switch.

10. AnimeGamer183

AnimeGamer183 Well-Known Member

Well, my hunt for Decisive Edition is over! I won a copy in the XSEED Twitch Stream last night!!! :D

Boy did that make me giddy as a school girl! Only thing though, I still havent heard back from them about give away information after messaging them on twitch. Does anyone know how long it generally takes them to respond about the give aways?

I am so excited I won last night! x3

11. banballow

[​IMG]
    ... viva la Hybrid Device!!

12. banballow

I ordered two more of those HORI 24 Game Card Cases for my Switch off of Amazon.
    Sad to say, my existing set were, in a couple of cases, starting to get a bit cramped. Now they have a bit of room to breathe, grow... then spread out more, when I inevitably order more of these cases.

Dear HORI,
    36 Game Card Case, when?

13. DustyStarr

Did you get the hard plastic one or a soft one?

14. banballow

Just these little guys...
    [​IMG]

I'm now sitting at six of these little guys. One for first party games (10 available slots remaining), and five for third party games. They are divided up...

#s + A-C (9 available slots remaining)
    D-F (5 available slots remaining)
    G-O (4 available slots remaining)
    P-S (2 available slots remaining)
    T-Z (15 available slots remaining)

15. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

I ordered Cold Steel II: Relentless on November 29th, but I got the notice that it just shipped today, so technically that's my most recent purchase since the payment just went through. Amazon.ca still lists the release date as May 28th...I think that's why I'm getting it so far ahead of the proper release date of June 4th. Which is lucky since before they were predicting I'd get the game on June 7th, and that's when things get a bit dicey around here, time-wise.

16. AttentionDeficitGuy

AttentionDeficitGuy Well-Known Member

I was gonna say - MY copy hasn't shipped yet! (not that I would mind too much even if it got delayed - still have a bit of CS1 to replay anyway).

Kikki likes this.
  17. AnimeGamer183

I would be wary of that @Kikki hopefully its the right item, idk i always get nervous when things like that happen even if it is early. In contrast, the Decisive Edition I won from the stream should be here this week :D

Kikki likes this.
  18. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

I've been shopping on amazon.ca for 16 years and have never gotten even one wrong item, so I'm not too worried about that, but I guess we'll see. I think it's simply because they still have the wrong date in their system. It's exactly the time I'd expect them to ship if the release date really WERE May 28th. And amazon.com and amazon.ca always seem to get their stock in at different times. Amazon.ca is usually later if there's a difference, but sometimes we get lucky.

I should be able to tell you if you were right on Wednesday, though. :) Congrats on your win!

I'm going to go now and replay the final battle of CSI, just to refresh the sense of urgency it always leaves me with, to put me in the mood for CS II. My brain is currently stuck in My Time at Portia-mode and I need a little boot to get out of it.

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  19. DustyStarr

That is the one I have too. I probably woulda preferred a soft one, I always feel like I am hurting thecarts taking them in and out. X3

I only have one, about 14 spots left open. 12 slots in my carrying case taken, and one cart in my Switch. Also I think Yoshi is still in it's case.

Ordered myself some cute CC2 merch from Amazon.jp, will take pic when they arrive. X3

20. AnimeGamer183

Yeah US amazon says the 4th, CA amazon says the 28th... OOPS! I guess they just never updated it and some are slipping out early, lucky.