Recent Video Game Purchases

Discussion in 'General Video Games Discussion' started by VongolaGearX, Oct 26, 2013.

1. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

Alien Hominid is a great little GC game, and if you're going for backlog clearing I highly recommend it because it is fun but short, AND you can play the whole game co-op!

2. KlausRealta

KlausRealta Well-Known Member

Bought Yakuza 0 and Bloodborne from Best Buy since they were $19.99 each (excl. GCU) and I wanted to get them before the PlayStation Hits versions released. Glad to finally get into the Yakuza series despite owning Kiwami and 6 already :p

Also, people say that Bloodborne is good so that's cool too. Not sure if I want to play this before I play any Souls games though...

3. Ammy175

Ammy175 Well-Known Member

Zero Escape: The Nonary Games (Steam). Been years since I played the two, so I figured why not.

Also got gifted the first two Dark Souls games on Steam.

4. Cryrobinson

Cryrobinson Active Member

Purchased Bullet Witch and Assault Spy since the Steam sale is nice, hope Assault Spy is cool, seeing as it's early access and NISA, two things that don't immediately scream quality to me. Excited to try Bullet Witch, pretty polarizing title reception-wise!

5. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

Bloodborne has a pretty different style of combat than Dark Souls so you should be fine playing it first, it's also tied for my favorite game in the series so I really recommend it, it's amazing. :3

6. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Recent gets...

-Astal (Saturn) - thrift store for like $4 :x Guessing that this thrift store like, bought a storage that had all this Saturn/Dreamcast stuff in it
    -Psychedelica of the Ashen Hawk (Vita) - BBuy pre-order to get the pin bonus
    -Xenogears, Parasyte Eve 2, Star Ocean 2 (PS1) -was selling stuff at Half-Price and some guy was selling his kid's old games in great condition... made an offer and got a deal :x Awkward cause it's 'poaching', but I mean, great deal >_>
    -Moero Chronicle, Crimson Memories, Analogue: A Hate Story/Hate Plus game/OST bundle - Steam sale cheapness

Staying cheap... sometimes get lucky, sometimes not. Missed out on the $25 joycons from Walmart yesterday. Someone cleared out my local area within an hour of the price error shown online :x

7. KlausRealta

KlausRealta Well-Known Member

Nice pick ups Terro! I'm playing through Xenogears right now and I want to snag a physical copy of it sometime.

Got Tales of Zestiria since it was cheap at Best Buy and I want to buy all of the Tales games past Graces before Vesperia comes out.

8. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I think I remember hearing that Xenogears ties to Xenosaga a little bit, but is there ANY relation with those to Xenoblade, or just in name only?

9. AnimeGamer183

AnimeGamer183 Well-Known Member

They all connect in various ways, but Xenogears and Xenosaga more so than either of them to the Xenoblade games, but its all under the same umbrella but its really confusing, just start with Xenogears, its a classic and arguably the best game of them all and definitely not to be missed.

10. AnimeGamer183

Shenmue III kickstarter information surveys were sent out this week. I chose my play format, What name I wanted to appear in the credits and what name on the Shenmue III website, confirmed my order and shipping address etc (its not coming out this year btw but some of that info they need before hand).

So I backed the project through 3 different emails, I will be receiving a PC Signed Collectors Edition Physical Copy and all the tiers before it, a PS4 digital copy, and a PS4 Physical copy, both physical copies being in an special kickstarter only case, im guessing a steel book or something cool like that. I spent $400 on this kick starter in 2015, and the CE was $310 alone (beat THAT @Terro ! :D ) Paid $29 for the PS4 Digital Copy and $60 or the PS4 Physical Copy. Come release time I am going to be receiving an EPIC Shenmue III care package, bring on Shenmue I and II HD Collection and lets get this party started. :cool:

11. papa box

papa box Member

Do you remember seeing a black car on that night when the snow turned to rain

12. papa box

papa box Member

How about a game of Lucky Hit

13. AnimeGamer183

I can hear the tomato convenience store music playing already

14. Cryrobinson

Bought a PSVR last night, now just need to research all of the awesome games for it! Got some I got for free from PS+, but I need to dive deeper in, it was truly exciting and so much cooler than descriptions make it out to be!

15. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Active Member

I did the free 2 week trial with it and was really impressed with how immersive it was. Got major motion sickness though so I didn't keep it. My 6 year old thought it was really cool, he had never seen VR before.

16. zerokid2

zerokid2 Member

Payed off Vesperia definitive edition & fighterz on the switch.

17. Cryrobinson

Motion sickness has hit me a couple of times, but nothing too serious or long-lasting. Until Dawn: Rush of Blood got me more than anything with the roller coaster stuff, but I just closed my eyes at the obvious dips and crazy curves.

Put a pre-order in for Vesperia for the Switch. Wish they'd do another special version, I love my steelbook for 360 so they need another one!

18. Cryrobinson

Managed to get a preorder in for Night Trap CE for Switch. I thought LRG did a fantastic job constructing this box set, truly a solid collector's edition. I do think the demand is insanely high for this game though, and it's so confusing to me! The game isn't really good at all, maybe just the legacy behind it and a dash of nostalgia for some? Regardless, my order was in within 45 seconds and when I looked it was sold out, that's insane!

Either way, I loved the box set so I wanted to add to the collection. Maybe I'll give Night Trap another swing (it has been yeeears). Hope too many don't scalp this one, I know a friend of mine intended to but didn't complete his order before selling out, so I'm pretty happy about that.

19. banballow

banballow Active Member

Estimated Delivery: November 2014
    [​IMG]
    ... bit behind schedule, but my Kickstarter copy of Dreamfall Chapters arrived today!!

20. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

I guess Ridley might be my first Amiibo. Assuming I don't cancel it, I hope the final product looks as good as the pre-release ones.