Recent Video Game Purchases

Discussion in 'General Video Games Discussion' started by VongolaGearX, Oct 26, 2013.

1. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, I liked that one. The interface is pretty outdated, but the story was great.

2. Akeashar

Akeashar Active Member

Hopefully they'll do a release of the updated HD Eve Burst Error (or at least the adult version of it). Fun fact, Eve was one of the first import games I got back on the Sega Saturn. And completely incomprehensible without any knowledge of japanese. Even my usual brute force skills and tracking down JP walkthroughs failed me utterly.

And it taught me the joys of even how censored the red label Saturn games were!

3. banballow

banballow Well-Known Member

4. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

So fyi, Amazon no longer giving discounts on Amiibo/Skylanders/Lego figures and LEs (some work, some don't). So lame :/ Oh well, I don't really get mine off there anymore, anyways.

5. commodorewheeler

I had been transitioning my preorders from Amazon to BB for several other reasons the last couple of months, but with this development, I guess I have no reason to go back, other than exclusives.

6. KlausRealta

KlausRealta Well-Known Member

I'm definitely getting BB GCU with this announcement, but now I'm not sure if I want to keep my Amazon Prime account since I don't think the free shipping is really worth it.

7. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

For now I'm keeping it for the shipping stuff and video service... I want to watch thru my video queue and then prob drop it next year (they getting rid of HBO on there, too). Less and less reasons to use it, and lors of packages have come late, too.

8. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

They are getting rid of the discounts on figures AND LEs... AND getting rid of HBO? After they raised the price the other year? And yeah, most paclages never even arrive on time... eesh.

9. commodorewheeler

I'm keeping Prime because we order a ton of stuff for the house through Amazon in general. But I'm definitely going to move away from them on gaming.

10. commodorewheeler

I'll be honest, for as many gripes as I have with Amazon, packages arriving on time is actually not one of them. I usually choose the no-rush shipping for the digital credit, and the packages usually arrive ahead of their estimated delivery time. The packages I do use the 2-day shipping on are usually right on time, and almost all of my preordered games arrive on release day, even though I sometimes get these false alarm shipping delay notifications for them.

11. DustyStarr

In my experience aout 50% of my orders are on time, and the others are either delayed or lost. Could partially be because the mail service here has gone downhill ever since a lot of the older employees retired, but still, it makes the value go down. I do use Prime a lot though, and share it with some people, so I am probably not canceling it this year. Though since it is so cheap I might switch over to GCU for best buy... I kind of have meant to for a long time now I just never shop at BB enough to remember to pick it up. X3

12. commodorewheeler

Amazon doesn't use their own drivers where you are? Most of my packages from them come delivered by their own drivers, not by some other mail service.

13. DustyStarr

Nope, they use the good ol' USPS and sometimes the feces that is UPS. Also one time used a carrier called Ontrac but I never got my package from them.

14. commodorewheeler

I remember Ontrac, they delivered me a lot of my Amazon packages before they started using mainly their own drivers where I live. IME Ontrac was terrible.

15. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I live close to an Amazon, post office, AND and Ontrac :x When Amazon deliversn it's like in a white van-thingie, or just a guy in his truck sorta deal. Lots of same-day shipping possibilities with living so close, I guess (but my local Amaxon Now selection stinks!)

16. Fuepepe

Fuepepe Active Member

Meanwhile here in Canada Best Buys GCU doesn't even exist and we JUST got Amazon Prime discounts on video games...

17. DustyStarr

Yeah I have had zero Ontrac packages ever delivered. X3 And I live close to Amazon, Post office, and all this too but somehow they still screw it up all the time!

18. banballow

If we're complaining about Amazon... :p

... they really screwed up the Wish Lists last week. They took out most of the sorting filters, and items no longer show their release dates. I have a pretty good list of manga on a Wish List, and it's a complete disaster now. I can't alphabetize the List anymore, and if I want to update the list I keep of release dates (Sort by release date was never an option, so I keep a separate list on my phone) , now I have to click to view each item.

Yesterday, I did something I haven't done in a while. I logged in on Barnes & Noble and updated my Wish List there. Debating putting down the $25 to renew my Membership there.

Seriously have no clue why they decided to gut the Wish Lists like that. Seems like making things more difficult for your customers will only drive business elsewhere.

19. banballow

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-switchs-splatoon-themed-pro-controller-co/1100-6450596/
    Doesn't look like anybody's taking orders for it yet, but gonna keep my eyes open.

Edit: Strike that, Walmart is taking orders for them already...
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Pro-Controller-Splatoon-2-Edition/55791828
    ... went ahead an put in an order, but will keep an eye to see if anybody puts them up for regular Pro Controller price (Walmart has Splat 2 Controller at $75 currently).

Edit the 2nd: Looks like Amazon has a page up, but not available just yet...
    https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B071JPN...6787325&sr=8-4&keywords=splatoon+2+controller

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  20. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

My Birthdays the Beginning and CLADUN LEs came in, and I put in an order for the Raiden PS4 on Amazon, because (what may be my last) discount and courtesy credit, bringing it to $2 >_>