Recent Video Game Purchases

Discussion in 'General Video Games Discussion' started by VongolaGearX, Oct 26, 2013.

1. banballow

banballow Well-Known Member

Black Friday, Shots Fired!!
    [​IMG]
    ... I really wanted the regular size New 3DS, but of course they only released it in White here. So, I caved and bought an XL. Now that it's in Black though...
    ... I looked it up online, and GS offers $100 trade-in for the XL model, so it's basically a free sidegrade. Now then, to order some Splatoon faceplates.

2. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

^ Good deal you got! Always good when you can benefit from those big trade offers.

3. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

Where you see the Splatoon plates for sale? :3 And congrats on joining team faceplate!

4. banballow

5. DustyStarr

6. Akeashar

Akeashar Active Member

Did a couple of minor for me buys on the pre-Black Friday sales. Picked up The Last of Us Remastered and The Division.

7. AttentionDeficitGuy

AttentionDeficitGuy Well-Known Member

Huh, I may have to upgrade myself... but I kinda don't want to let go of my Year of Luigi 3DS, either... will Luigi ever forgive me if I do?

8. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I had to change out my Fire Emblem plate to my Pokemon Green one... the sides started cracking/splitting on the image :/ Maybe from gripping it over time?

9. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I only got Ori and the Blind Forest for Black Friday deals. Had to pass on Farcry: Primal for now (not a priority, and budget :/)

10. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Well-Known Member

I got the Dishonored 2 and Skyrim SteelBook editions for BF. Can't get enough of those. Also got one of those $99 black Mario 3DSs. Been wanting something to use my face plates on ever since I returned my AC: HHD one.

11. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

Picked up a couple games on Steam, Civ 3 and Black Mesa. And got Link's Awakening DX on the eshop.

What's going on with Walmart's deals? Wanted to get Twilight Princess HD for $25 but it's not even listed in their $25 games online, and it seems like that deal might have been at midnight this morning and not tonight?

Why do stores have to make this stuff complicated, what was wrong with just putting everything on sale at midnight instead of random intervals on Thanksgiving?

12. DustyStarr

They don't want you to enjoy time with your family duh. They more they keep you looking at their website the better. Hos. :/

Also, is Black Mesa that awesome sauce remake of Half Life 1 that has been in development forever or is it something else?

13. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

Yeah, Black Mesa is like the Duke Nukem Forever of mods, except it's not a mod anymore (mod version is still available for free, but they stopped updating it a long time ago) and it's actually good based on everything I've seen. In a recent update they said they are planning to release Xen and "complete" the game next summer. Given that the discounts have been pretty steady and the full release once it gets out of EA is probably going to be more expensive with smaller discounts, it doesn't seem like a bad time to go ahead and pick it up.

Of course, they might end up selling it cheaper during the summer sale if that hits before the full release, or it might get delayed who knows how long, or I might be totally wrong and they stick with their current price and discounts.

14. banballow

[​IMG]
    Rest of my Black Friday haul. Gaming related goodies... Battlefield 1, Lego Dimensions: Portal 2 Pack (I don't have Lego Dimensions, but it was $14!!), Nintendo eShop money, Oregon Trail Card Game, Steam money.
    Oregon Trail Card Game says it comes with "1 Die". That's not how I play Oregon Trail.

Edit: Turned the eShop money into Gabrielle's Ghostly Groove (Digital), and Senran Kagura 2 DLC. Steam money became Blanc vs Zombies, and Xblaze 2.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
  15. kristaok

kristaok New Member

Pokémon Moon.

16. tilinelson2

tilinelson2 Active Member

Got nothing during our Black Fraud, but that was expected since what is the point of buying a game that usually costs R$250 for R$300 just because the store says it is down from R$900?

17. Chelli

Chelli Active Member

Game-related Barnes and Noble Black Friday Haul! To be perfectly honest, I only intended to get the Brandon Sanderson book, but when I was in the fantasy/sci-fi section an employee wheeled out a cart that had the Sun/Moon guides on it, so I impulse-bought it. :p And with a combination of a 30% off coupon and my member discount I got the guide for the same price it's currently going for for online.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
  18. DustyStarr

My Black Friday haul (from Target at least).

[​IMG]

Did not expect to get so much... X3
    @Terro I need a hug.

19. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

^ Good dealz! ....I so exhausted from work tho :x Gotta get up early again tomorrow. This money no buy me enuff stuff :x

20. banballow

Oh... almost forgot, I may, or may not, have seen somebody get me Majora's Mask yesterday. :p

New 3DS should be here tomorrow. Really, it should be here today, but LOL Amazon. Trying to decide which game to play first. Think I've narrowed it down to...

1. Corpse Party, got it at launch, but haven't started it.
    2. Senran Kagura, because hell yeah!!
    3. Trace Memory, which is still one of my fav DS games.