Recent Purchases

Discussion in 'Mostly Harmless (Serious Discussion)' started by AnimeGamer183, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

Clue is fun until my notes get illegible and then I give up and start playing at random.

Next time I play it I'll forgo the tiny included notepad and just get a full sheet of paper on a clipboard.

2. banballow

banballow Active Member

I almost bought something at Walmart...
    ... I had to restrain myself. It was...
    ... not easy.

There I was looking in the movie section, when I found myself and I'm not even joking here, my eyes open wide, mouth open wide, and making a sound reminiscent of Kayako from The Grudge...
    ... I can only imagine what the people around me were thinking...
    ... I'm not sure how long I was standing there. It couldn't have been long, but something had caught my eye.

It was one of my all time favorite anime, on Blu-Ray...
    ... Osamu Tezuka's Metropolis.

I grabbed it. I held it in my hands. I was prepared to buy it.
    Then I stopped and thought. Maybe there's a Collector's Edition or something. I've been waiting a long time for this moment, and if there's a Collector's Edition, why settle for the standard Blu-Ray.
    I took out my phone and headed to Amazon.
    Not quite a Collector's Edition, but there's a beautiful SteelBook coming out in October.
    There is a drop dead gorgeous, SteelBook coming out in October.
    I placed an order, as I reluctantly put the movie back on the rack. I nearly went back for it about a dozen times before we left the store.

I could still go back tonight... it's only a half hour's walk away. That's it.
    Needless to say, I'm watching my old DVD copy now, as I mull that over.

Edit: Credits scrolling...
    ... MadHouse!! What haven't you guys done?! I love them so much. LOL

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  3. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

I bought a plane ticket to Denton.

4. AnimeGamer183

AnimeGamer183 Well-Known Member

where is denton? and whats the occasion? o_O

5. DustyStarr

Texas, and visiting a friend with the money I did not use on my Korea trip. :3

6. AnimeGamer183

AnimeGamer183 Well-Known Member

OOoooohh, have fun Dusterz :D

7. DustyStarr

I'll try to. X3 Not an adventurous trip, I will just be staying with a friend for a while, maybe meeting someone from here if I can work up the courage, MAYBE doing a small road trip. Plan to eat and sleep a lot though. X3

8. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

Used my bonus, bought a relatively nice guitar. Need a setup done on it though (low E string buzzes, strings probably have slack that keep it from staying in tune, intonation is off as far as I can tell), and an interface to use it with the PC. Rocksmith cable is kind of annoying to use, for low latency and sound output I have to mess with the drivers every time I use it, and every time I want to go back to normal PC sound. I'm sure it's decent for Rocksmith, which I don't have yet, but for just listening with headphones using an amp sim, too much work.

To keep from having to swap my headphones back and forth I'm thinking of connecting the audio interface to the PC, already have a TRS to 3.5mm cable. Just need to figure out which works best, interface to PC, or PC to interface.

My fingers are bigger than they used to be. A chord is hard, lmao. D and E are easy enough at least.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
  9. DustyStarr

I've been thinking of using Rocksmith to try to learn the guitar. :3 But I prefer acoustic to electric. X33 Brother does have an electric guitar I could use though...

Today I bought a small set of Torx Security bits so I could open my PS4. I put electric tape over the sensor for the the eject button, seems like it works since it did not immediately eject the disc I put in to test. Nice that I can finally use my PS4.... but I am tempted by the limited edition Pros coming out. X3