Recent Purchases

Discussion in 'Mostly Harmless (Serious Discussion)' started by AnimeGamer183, Mar 9, 2016.

1. banballow

banballow Well-Known Member

Barnes and Noble got me good today...
    ... 15% off your orders in store, plus they sent me a couple of 20% off coupons in the mail. I'm holding onto one of those until next week, so I can get a good deal on the Shadow of the Colossus LP.
    Today, I ordered the two Avril Lavigne LPs I was still missing (Let Go and Goodbye Lullaby), and picked up both of the deluxe copies of the Guardians of the Galaxy OSTs.

Not related to Barnes and Noble, but I also have the new Chvrches album in the mail for tomorrow. Waiting for Amazon to update my digital music so I can download it already.
    And, I made my first purchase from somebody on Discogs. Scored a copy of Black Sabbath "Mob Rules". I need to go back through the Brutal Legend soundtrack sometime and see what other gems I'm forgetting.

2. banballow

I accidentally went to Barnes and Noble earlier. I accidentally walked about a half an hour to Barnes and Noble earlier, accidentally, and ended up with this...
    [​IMG]
    ... it's been there since I started getting vinyl, constantly mocking me. Well, who's laughing now?!

A: Barnes and Noble is having a good chuckle, they're glad somebody finally bought it.

Anyway, I opened it up, and it... is... drop... dead...
    [​IMG]
    ... gawgeous.

3. banballow

So, yesterday I had this show up...
    [​IMG]
    ... my first purchase on the Discogs Marketplace, and couldn't be happier with the result. This was actually one of the first things I looked for back in March when I started buying vinyl. For the record (lol, record), I have never owned any Black Sabbath before in any form. I've never been to one of their concerts. I couldn't name any of their songs off the top of my head. So then, why this one?

... because, that's why.

Okay, so flash forward a couple of hours, and I'm at Target. Not my intended destination, but I was nearby and wanted to check something out...
    [​IMG]
    ... jackpot!! Yes, they had little wooden crates. You would be surprised how many trips I've made up there recently to get ahold of these.
    Why need crates? Because...
    [​IMG]
    ... the box that I was storing my vinyl in was about ready to burst. Grabbed two crates, one for regular albums and one for soundtracks. Have a pretty even split between the two right now.

And then, finally, got these in the mail today...
    [​IMG]
    ... with that, I now have all 5 of the Avril Lavigne albums on vinyl.
    A quick count, my totals for Avril Lavigne albums purchased over the years are...
    > Let Go - 4 copies
    > Under My Skin - 6 copies
    > The Best Damn Thing - 5 copies
    > Goodbye Lullaby - 4 copies
    > Avril Lavigne - 2 copies
    ... eagerly awaiting album 6.

Okay, I may have spoken to soon. Forgot that I got shipping info for Speed Racer from Mondo.

4. banballow

Okay, so to start off with, Amazon had a pretty great deal on the soundtrack to Hairspray, so that's on the way...

... and the release for the Shadow of the Colossus Soundtrack got pushed back, so I went by Barnes and Noble today to spend my remaining 20% Off Coupon. Walked away with this...
    [​IMG]

... and my copy of the Speed Racer soundtrack showed up today...
    [​IMG]

5. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

Excessive mic arrived. Definitely picks up a lot of wind noise from the fan. I don't think any mic could make my voice sound good, but at least in terms of quality this is exponentially better than the old junk.

6. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

@banballow PULSE is a really good live show so yeah if you're new to Pink Floyd it would probably be a really good introduction to them, though do know it's missing Roger Waters (the bass player, one of the singers, and the primary songwriter for the years they were really big), so... might not get the FULL Floyd experience, but it's probably the best official live show they have ever actually released, besides maybe Live at Pompei (not the director's cut version). Curious to hear what you think of it!

@Chaosblade77 can you attach a dead cat or something to cancel out the noise? Then again in post production you could easily add a noise reducing effect.

7. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

Yeah I plan on getting some stuff to go with it. I'll order it as soon as Amazon's delivery estimates align with my return from vacation. Right now it estimates I'd get it faster with the free (non-Prime) shipping than if I pay for standard shipping.

8. banballow

[​IMG]
    A couple of records that I got today.

First up, Ray Stevens - Greatest Hits. I used to listen to this CD on the way to school... every... single... day. It's got a lot of great stuff on here, "The Streak", "Misty", "Gitarzan", "Along Came Jones"... not a bad song on here. My second order off the Discogs Marketplace. Not a bad get for $10, looks and plays great.

And second, I went to a record store today. Like a real record store. I was looking for Angel Witch (love listening to it in Brutal Legend, so why not?), and they had it listed for sale. Unfortunately, what I didn't count on, is that the stuff they have listed on their site, is held at a second location. It makes sense really, if it was at the store and somebody bought it, then somebody tried to buy it online... well, there would be a problem. Plus side, the guy who runs the store is heading by the warehouse later, so he said he would make sure it gets shipped out today. Paid for that, and picked up the RSD '18 copy of Taylor Swift - Fearless, because it was on my wish list anyway (not necessarily the RSD edition, but why not?) and I didn't want to leave empty handed.

9. Cryrobinson

Cryrobinson Active Member

This thread needs a new name. Banballow's record corner :D:D:D

10. banballow

I like it!! :p

Anyway, my Angel Witch showed up today!!
    [​IMG]
    ... my cat appreciates the packaging that it arrived in.

Cryrobinson likes this.
  11. banballow

[​IMG]
    ... I waited, and I waited on Alice's Restaurant. It was one of the first things I threw on my Amazon Wish List, but it was $36 at the time. I mean, it's good... but not $36 good. It finally started dropping bit by bit, and I watched. Finally got it for $18 this weekend before it shot back up to $32 again.

... and then, there's Wicked Wonderland. From what I hear, Lita doesn't like this album. Like... to the point where she disowned it. But, it has "Betrayal" from Brutal Legend on it, and I need that.

I also grabbed "Dr Feelgood" and "Through the Fire and Flames" on iTunes. I was going to add "The Hellion / Electric Eye" as well, but they're split up into two songs.

12. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Well-Known Member

Whoa, been a while since I heard anyone mention those Judas Priest classics. I must have listened to The Hellion/Electric Eye at least a thousand times in middle school and high school. Great stuff.

13. AnimeGamer183

AnimeGamer183 Well-Known Member

im staring to think ban has a shopping addiction o.o x3

Cryrobinson likes this.
  14. banballow

I don't know the meaning of the word.
    *Googles it*
    ... oh. Maybe. I won't rule it out.

15. banballow

Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later...
    [​IMG]
    ... I've literally started getting garbage in the mail now.

So, back in March, this was one of the first things I looked for. Very expensive. Then about a month later, they announced a rerelease for the 20th anniversary. SCORE!!
    [​IMG]

Comes with a poster, stickers, a download card (I already redeemed it, so didn't bother blacking it out or anything, and a small matchbook that houses a...
    [​IMG]
    ... a, uh, that is to say...
    ... well, it's a condom.

Also, since I went for the deluxe edition, it comes with an extra record featuring assorted B... er, V-Sides.
    [​IMG]

16. banballow

Picked up a second copy of The Beatles (White Album) today at B&N. So, now I have both Stereo and Mono. I also ordered a copy of Judas Priest "Screaming for Vengeance" off of Amazon.

Edit: Arrived today...
    [​IMG]
    ... as a bit of an added bonus, it came with a free download of the album. Always nice, don't have to deal with recording to my PC then transferring to my phone.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  17. banballow

[​IMG]
    ... like Garbage, this was one of the first things I had looked for. At the time it was unavailable... now is all mine.

Edit: If anybody's interested, some quick shots I took of all my OSTs up to this point...
    https://i.imgur.com/WlEVPFRl.jpg

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  18. AnimeGamer183

[​IMG]

bought some regular table top games.

DustyStarr, UltraKyu and banballow like this.
  19. banballow

I want to get a copy of Clue sometime, though I'm not sure when I'd be able to get the people together to play it.

20. AnimeGamer183

Halloween.

I always wanted my own Risk set and Munchkin is just a right good time.