Recent Purchases

Discussion in 'Mostly Harmless (Serious Discussion)' started by AnimeGamer183, Mar 9, 2016.

1. banballow

banballow Well-Known Member

I've never really gotten it either, but I mean, come on... it's the Tardis.
    [​IMG]
    You see it and you're like, "Oh... it's the Tardis.", and that's your present, but seriously...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ... it's bigger on the inside. Big packet is Peach Tranquility tea, smaller packets are Mint Majesty. Two little bracelets from Earthbound Trading Company, and a nice pair of Dr Who socks .

2. AnimeGamer183

AnimeGamer183 Well-Known Member

The Tardis one isnt the usual Pop figure. I guess I just see them more as mantel pieces than actual toys, and the brand is about as whored out as it gets, they get every license and they come crawling to them probably begging for them to make pops in their ip in some cases. Wildly successful, but Im just not interested in MnM eyes on all these characters

3. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

4. AnimeGamer183

AnimeGamer183 Well-Known Member

I swear she has been doing this just to spite me... x . x

5. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I only own one Popn Rocket Raccoon that I got free with Disney points. Just never got into them... HOWEVER I hear that Jurassic Park ones will be made. Might need a few of those, cause merch for World kinda sucked.

6. banballow

So, I have a birthday coming up soon(ish), and the one thing I'm asking for is a record player. To prepare, I'm making some early acquisitions...
    [​IMG]
    ... because what would be the fun of getting a record player and not having anything to listen to? So, Moana. Can't go wrong with Moana.

Cibo Matto. Kind of an odd choice, but hear me out...
    1. It was one of the few records I could find at Barnes & Noble that was a better deal than Amazon. The cheapest they had it was $26, from third party sellers. B&N had it for $22, and then I got my 10% Member's Discount, plus they had an extra 15% off coupon.
    2. It has one of my favorite songs from Jet Set Radio Future, "Birthday Cake", which considering I'm planning to be listening to this on my birthday next month, is so damn fitting.

I also ordered a couple off of Amazon, "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" and "Scott Pilgrim vs The World". They were both cheaper than B&N, even with my discounts, plus they came with downloads of the soundtracks as well. So I can listen to them on my phone at my leisure.

7. banballow

[​IMG]
    ... so, both O Brother and Scott showed up today.

Also, I love this movie. I love this soundtrack. I had to haves it...
    [​IMG]

I also have two more records ordered from Amazon, "Lady and the Tramp" which comes out next week (my absolute favorite Disney movie), and the soundtrack to "Tank Girl" which comes out early next month.

8. banballow

[​IMG]
    ... a bit earlier than originally planned, but I got a record player.

The first record I put on was "Viva! La Woman" from Cibo Matto. Flipped it over to side two, and started it up, ready for some Birthday Cake, albeit it a tad early. Supposed to be the first song, but it's not? Okay, next song... still not there, eh? We'll just keep going. You know what? I don't think it's on side two at all. Finally found it on side one, fourth song? Track listing on the record is way, way off.

9. banballow

More vee-nahl!!
    I always liked this album, so I saw it at B&N and grabbed it...
    [​IMG]
    ... the records are a kind of see through purple. Where's the drooly emoticon?

I also ordered the soundtrack from Syberia 3.

10. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

I bought a 100 dollar desktop. Want to take bets on if it will work?

11. banballow

I've never been a huge fan of her, but...
    [​IMG]
    ... this album, this one I liked. Been years since I've listened to it.

12. banballow

[​IMG]
    ... don't you stick your tongue out at me!!

[​IMG]
    ... nice!! But, what does the record look like?

[​IMG]
    ... nice shade of blue, I like it. One more thing real quick...

[​IMG]
    ... all smiles. :D

13. UltraKyu

UltraKyu Active Member

Four new tires for the car.

14. banballow

Beep Beep Richie!!..
    [​IMG]
    ... Beep Beep!!
    [​IMG]
    ... hi ya Georgie...
    [​IMG]
    ... love that bit where Pennywise reaches out of the scrapbook...
    [​IMG]
    ... not pictured, but Disc One is red...
    [​IMG]
    ... and a closeup of the balloon they included.

15. banballow

[​IMG]
    ... a few more records.

Avril Lavigne - Avril Lavigne
    Ghostbusters
    Kacey Musgrave - Golden Hour
    Songs from Coco
    The Sugarplastic - Resin

... sadly I had to work this past Saturday, so I missed my first Record Store Day. To make matters worse, something came out that I would have absolutely lined up. Sucker Punch, soundtrack. I had to order that off of a 3rd Party on Amazon. Love that movie, and love the soundtrack. It will be mine... yes, it will.

Edit: I have to say this... Songs from Coco, I love ya...

... but you went overboard with "Remember Me". A quick look shows that the CD Soundtrack is 35 tracks, with "Remember Me" showing up 4 times. Not bad.

This picture disc only has 12 tracks across the two sides, and "Remember Me" shows up 5 times. 3 out of the 5 tracks on side two are "Remember Me".

I like the song, it's a great song, just... ya went overboard.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  16. banballow

Okay, I got this. Same person that I got that lovely Tardis for Christmas has a birthday coming up soon. Saw this at the mall, and grabbed it...
    [​IMG]
    ... beautiful. I thought I would put some cash in alongside it, because who doesn't love cash, right? But cash, cash is boring. Now then... cash presented as origami? That's what's up.
    [​IMG]
    ... what's this then?
    [​IMG]
    ... well, according to the YouTube video, it's a Tie Fighter (she's a Star Wars nerd). I can kind of see it. Now for the cup itself...
    [​IMG]
    ... Origami Rose (a LOT harder than they made it look, though I'm using real cash, whereas they used cheap faux cash), with a heart shaped ring, because heart shaped rings are hella easier to make than bees.

Also, I finally... FINALLY, got an update on my copy of the Sucker Punch soundtrack. After 16 (16!!) days, it has left Germany. Hopefully it won't take much longer, I'm getting antsy.

17. banballow

[​IMG]
    ... more records!!

Avril Lavigne: Under My Skin, The Best Damn Thing
    The Shins: Port of Morrow
    Tsunami Bomb: Trust No One.

Edit: Sucker Punch is... still, somewhere... that is not here. Eventually, it might arrive... perhaps. In the future?

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  18. banballow

On the one hand, in theory, this should definitely show up tomorrow.

On the other hand, at one point, the theory was that the world was flat. Theories turn out to be wrong occasionally.

19. banballow

[​IMG]
    ... a few creases in the outer jacket, but we can overlook that. So glad to have this in my collection. :D :D :D

The record itself is a very nice see through green. Will get a picture of it later, right now... spinning right round, baby(doll), right round like a record, baby(doll), right round round round.

20. banballow

[​IMG]
    ... what's this now?

[​IMG]
    ... I have a confession to make. I don't recall if I know any of Pink Floyd's music. I have heard, however, that this album is A++, so we'll give it a shot.