Recent Purchases

Discussion in 'Mostly Harmless (Serious Discussion)' started by AnimeGamer183, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I paid for the monthly Internet bill :/ The non-perks of adulting.

2. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

Expensive month or so for me. Got my keyboard today, had to assemble the spacebar. Have my replacement keycaps already but I also ended up ordering some silencers, but they won't ship for a while. Feels nice, but even with clears I still bottom out too easily. :( Definitely need those silencers, will wait to replace the keycaps until I get them.

Also joined this drop on Massdrop for a new chair. No idea how much longer my current one will last before the metal snaps and I fall backwards. Chairs are expensive :( After looking around it seemed like the AKRacing ones are good, ended up deciding on the ProX over the Premium since I didn't want something "form fitting" like most gaming-style chairs are. Then I found out about the Onyx chair which looks so much better and has the option for real leather. More than I was planning to spend but hopefully it's worth it.

Now my old Nexus 5 is giving me problems. Wifi won't turn on. Really don't want to have to buy a new phone. My mouse wheel also messed up, feels like the lube had dried up and fell out, it started feeling really rough to scroll for a while. Not as bad now but it's not like it was. The mouse is around 7 years old at this point I think, but I don't want to have to replace it either :(

3. banballow

banballow Well-Known Member

XSeed Store got more of the Estival Versus cards outta nowhere!!
    Ordered the Hanzo and Crimson cards I needed (alongside an extra pair of Crimson and Special cards, to make the $20 minimum). Fun fact, I have a pair of Schrödinger's Estival Versus cards. They both are, and are not, Hanzo and Crimson, until I open my two sealed copies of Estival Versus.

4. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Thanks for the note! Was gunna get them to complete the set, but they were all gone the first time they went up. I got all of the others I needed now!

5. Sagadego

Sagadego Member

[​IMG]
    headphones from local riteaid movie from walmarts. world of final fantasy new. rest of games was buy 2 get one free.

6. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I actually didn't buy anything from Evo! Kinda regret not getting the limited Hello Kitty Sonic pin, but whatever. Just bought plenty of overpriced food, and tickets to the Michael Jackson Circ du Solei show (which was good cause it's Circ!)

7. Sagadego

Sagadego Member

[​IMG]

amazon order came in.

8. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I bought a $50 eShop card last night from GS, comes with a free $10 code! Best Buy had the deal too, but the physical cards ran out fast, and there were none in my area.

9. zerokid2

zerokid2 Member

Bought a $10 eshop card to go with my new 2dsxl.

10. banballow

11. AnimeGamer183

AnimeGamer183 Well-Known Member

Serial Experiments Lain Blu Rays $20 shipped on amazon, hard to beat.

edit - Well it looks like photobucket has finally taken the piss, they want me to pay to link externally on all my pictures now, lame.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
  12. banballow

A few things that I got today...
    [​IMG]
    ... spent a while running to various places trying to help my mom find something for my nephew's 3rd birthday. He's really into trains right now, so she's making a cake based on that. We were able to find the actual train pretty easy, but damn finding the railroad signs was a pain. Took most of the afternoon, but after striking out at the usual places, it hit me... got on my phone and googled "Railroad Train Hobby Shop (Our City)", and we found a few places we never would have visited. First couple we still came up empty, but the last one had what we needed... plus, random Star Wars figures? For $5, I grabbed Boba Fett. They had a handful of other figures including Luke (Tattooine AND Dagobah), Han w/ Carbonite Block, etc.

13. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Picked up a chibi Godzilla solar thingie, where his arms and mouth move when he sits in the sun. Also got some Godzilla fans. Kinokuniya had some really nice promo stuff for it :x

14. banballow

Has anybody else started shopping for Christmas yet? I've got a couple of little gifts out of the way already, and then I've got one that I'm having to much fun with...
    [​IMG]
    ... I bought this. It's just a plastic box. The little front door opens, and there's no bottom. Inside is hollow. There's room for... stuff. Things. Its and bits, bibs and bobs. T-shirts, socks, bracelets... packets of her favorite flavor of tea from Starbucks. You can fit anything in the Funko Tardis, because you know... it's bigger, on the inside.

15. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

Kind of, picked up mario Odyssey for my best friend a while back, and am working on gifts for the family.

Not related but I bought a new mattress and a new set of sheets, and a new mattress protector.

16. UltraKyu

UltraKyu Active Member

Bought all my presents months ago. I buy them as soon as I come up with what to buy.

17. AnimeGamer183

AnimeGamer183 Well-Known Member

Not pop figures! Anything but pop figures!!! x3 (but for real I dont see the appeal of them)

*high fives* You did an adulting :cool:

18. Chaosblade77

Mattresses are probably the single worst thing to shop for. My mattress better last me a long ass time because I don't want to go through that again.

19. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

Truth. Half of the companies will not even honor warranties if there is an actual problem with the mattress.

20. Chaosblade77

Even the slightest bit of wear can void a mattress warranty. It's ridiculous, and it's why brands advertise such crazy long warranties. I'm surprised there hasn't been some kind of lawsuit over that.

But the process of buying is terrible. You can't do effective research online because most mattress sites/reviews are owned or incentivized by mattress companies. And using reddit and the like is out too because there is a ridiculous amount of astroturfing. It's obvious based on the amount of conflicting information. And you can't really comp shop at local stores because different stores sell different "models" of mattresses that are the same thing with a different name and different marketing terms.

And trying mattresses in stores has a similar problem as judging a TV based on the floor models. You have no idea how comfortable a mattress will be for sleeping on just by laying on it for a few minutes.