Recent Purchases

Discussion in 'Mostly Harmless (Serious Discussion)' started by AnimeGamer183, Mar 9, 2016.

1. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

It could be... if you take a picture of what the HDMI inputs look like I could see if it looks simialr to mine. Thankfully the switch came today and works like a charm, no lag or image quality reduction, and just a simple button to switch, not messy automatic crap. TV saved.

2. banballow

banballow Well-Known Member

I just bought my first batch of songs from iTunes in what feels like forever...

Ray Stevens...
    ... The Streak
    ... Shriner's Convention
    ... It's Me Again, Margaret
    ... Turn Your Radio On
    ... Misty
    ... Mississippi Squirrel Revival
    ... Gitarzan
    ... Ahab The Arab
    ... Along Came Jones
    ... Everything Is Beautiful

Edit: ... and now I feel like an idiot. I picked these particular songs, because I used to listen to them on CD on the way to school. Turns out we still have the CD, so... didn't really need to spend $10 buying them. Oh well.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  3. banballow

Ordered a few more CDs today...

... 3 from Amazon JP...
    Magical Happy Show! (Opening theme to Supipara)
    Rumble Roses Soundtrack
    This Game (Opening theme to No Game No Life)

... and from the Anime Corner Store, a bit of an odd choice, but...
    Hand Maid May Soundtrack

... I got the series way back when, and always enjoyed the themes, then just saw that they still had the soundtrack available for a measly $15. SOLD!!

Edit: One of the CDs on my Wish List on Amazon JP had been sold out, but popped back up today. They only had 1 in stock... 1!! So, I grabbed it, because I'm weak...
    prismatic infinity carat.ii (Hey, it's got Neptune music on it, viva Dimension Tripper!!!!)
    Skyclad Observer (Steins;Gate)

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  4. banballow

[​IMG]
    ... unfortunately, the bonus anime soundtrack offer expired 9/31/04. :(
    [​IMG]
    ... *Drools*
    [​IMG]
    ... never had a CD come in a case like that Rumble Roses.

Edit: I'm certain that I've bought more CDs in the past 6 or so months, than the past decade. Amazon JP was a bad idea.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    AnimeGamer183 likes this.
  5. Cryrobinson

Cryrobinson Active Member

Falcom fans unite! Saw this little beauty on eBay, had to snag it while I could! Super excited to give this a shot! Anyone ever given the OG Xanadu a spin?

[​IMG]

6. Akeashar

Akeashar Active Member

Since my TV died a valiant death a couple of weeks back in the war of Plasma vs Aussie Summer, I was planning on getting a new TV down the line.

However, saw there were big sales on TVs at the local JB Hifi (about the only electronics store left in Oz) so ended up grabbing a Samsung 60" 4k res, UHD, HDR series 6 TV.

Funnily enough, it takes up about the same space as my 50" plasma, and is better in every way (except no 3D since 3D is so 2011)

And so, there goes my last excuse to not get a PS4 Pro, which then will mean, there will go my last excuse not to get PSVR... at which point I will be lost forever to RE7 and DoAX3 VR Paradise.

7. Cryrobinson

Just saw Aksys released their limited edition preorders for Tokyo Xanadu; $70 for Vita and $150 for PS4. Honestly, very surprised and disappointed in Aksys for this, these prices are insane. Gonna get them anyways for Falcom love, but my heart is broken because I feel like Aksys is gouging on this. Love them, but seriously disappointed here.

8. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

It's due to the statue that's 9" tall. These are usually the things that up the pricing of LEs, when looking at how much the costs have gone up. Vita only has the plush, and don't have the extra art cards either, it appears? I'm not sure what the cost of these statues are, but I'm guessing with looking at western LEs, that they are costing more to manufacture, possibly.

9. Cryrobinson

Yeah, I get that. And I mean, don't get me wrong, a 9" figure is cool and all, but I was just kind of taken aback. It does feel like a very "Western" approach to preorders. I was just hoping for a little more modest LE's I suppose—or at least not so high end. D:

10. joakkar

joakkar Member

I think this is the first time I've ever heard the words "limited edition" and "modest" in the same sentence. I always figured LEs existed for people who like spending more money on things. I honestly don't have the budget or the space to get them in general

11. Cryrobinson

I feel most LE's I have are primarily to get soundtracks/artbooks and other small things. Just things that are fun. When they get crazy, it gets a bit off putting I feel. I felt all the Ys LE's were great. Same with Trails in the Sky/Cold Steel.

12. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

If anything, and I know not all companies can do this, but having like a two-tier LE. I like what they did with Zelda: have a special edition for the basics, and then an add-on for true collectors (and ones they know I will sucker into, with getting the "best" one :p) This would be ideal for people who just want the soundtrack+artbook bundle, and a little more for others. I mean, yeah I'm surprised Aksys went with a statue, too. Maybe they are trying something new, so it could just be a test.

13. banballow

I got my taxes back this week, so I splurged on one thing, thought ahead just a bit, and put some money aside for new tires.

Splurged on a new phone. I got my first smartphone last year, but wasn't really sure I would use it that much, so I went with something cheap. Well, I decided to upgrade. Went from a Lumia 640 to an Alcatel Idol 4S. Even came with some sort of contraption that you put on your face.

Thought ahead. The air conditioner in my room was ancient, and was having to constantly run to keep the room halfway cool. I had serious doubts that it would survive another Texas summer. Rather than wait around to find out, and hope I had some extra cash on hand if it did die, I replaced it. Got a nice portable A/C unit. My room is about... 150 square feet? This guy is supposed to handle that and then some.

... and then some money for new tires. The least exciting of the batch.

14. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I still need to do taxes :x I'll prob use it towards buying some new clothes. Need to go through some old stuff.

15. Cryrobinson

Just preordered Ys VIII for PS4. Sad XSeed didn't get it but so excited to give it a play it looks incredible!

16. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Picked up Kenshin Movies 2-3 at Walmart today, cause impuse buy >_> Also found some important Canadian/UK chocolates from an Asian grocery store of all places :p

17. tilinelson2

tilinelson2 Active Member

Spent some money...
    [​IMG]

18. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

Bestbuy finally opened preorders for Wipeout Omega Collection. Thought I was going to have to use my credit on something else since it was so close to expiring.

Between the credit and old gift cards it came to $22. Feels better double dipping when you are getting it for half price.

19. Fuepepe

Fuepepe Active Member

I'm admittedly torn between Wipeout Omega Collection on PS4 or Redout on the Switch for my next racing game fix.

20. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

I'll get Redout and Formula Fusion on PC eventually. Redout definitely looks like an interesting blend of Wipeout and F-Zero. Doubt you can go wrong with either.