Q: Is There Any Chance For Sachiko's Game Of Love?

Discussion in 'Corpse Party Series' started by HoleyOne, Nov 14, 2013.

1. MasterNemesis

MasterNemesis New Member

Oh of course. I messed it up a bit. I meant a patch for an ISO or anything like that.

2. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

Which, Blood Drive or Forbidden Magna? Both games are VERY DEFINITELY on our radar. Blood Drive because it's back to the old-school style of Corpse Party where you actually walk around and explore (and remember, the first Corpse Party sold quite well for us!), AND because it's on Vita... and Forbidden Magna because of its pedigree.

Neither one is confirmed as something we'll be working on, even on our end, but we're definitely very interested in both, and personally, I think chances are good that we'll end up working on them in the end.

-Tom

3. MasterNemesis

MasterNemesis New Member

Oh sorry Tom if that sounded a bit confusing ^^" I meant the localization of Sachikos Birthday 2U.

But yeah Blood Drive or Forbidden Magna aren't confirmed "yet" .... but I'm really looking forward to it :3

4. BachBreaker

BachBreaker New Member

I'd like to revive this topic to say that the game deserves a localization in my opinion. This game is a good opportunity to give the players a break from the cruelty of the other games. This project could be carried out if it is long term. We must emphasize that the popularity of Corpse Party and VNs has grown significantly in the last year and it is very likely that sales will be better than the Book of Shadows. I even found this on the internet:

http://fc03.devianta..._pm-d615y7o.png

Of course, that picture was just an example of its popularity. It should also be said that this game would attract people who play other genres like comedy. It could serve as "introduction" to the series.

5. MasterNemesis

MasterNemesis New Member

This game is a visual novel.
    And that isn't so popular here in the west,
    which makes it not worth the effort for XSEED to localize it.

Wait for Memories of Fear to translate it or watch
    this playthrough since he reads the text and translates it.
    There is no other option when you can't understand japanese.

6. Amaterasu175

Amaterasu175 New Member

I'd think there'd be problems other than it being a VN, since not ony do other companies do VNs (well, mainly Aksys), but BoS is kinda close to being a VN, and the Trails games have boatloads of text. I dunno how much VNs tend to have, but doesn't SC have 3 million Japanese characters, or something absurd like that?

7. MasterNemesis

MasterNemesis New Member

It is a fact that not many people here in the west are interested in VNs right now.
    And yeah VNs can tend to have tons of japanese characters.

Aksys does not bring VNs to Europe.
    They only released them in NA.

8. Amaterasu175

Amaterasu175 New Member

I wasn't trying to deny that they're not popular, I was saying that there must be a reason OTHER THAN the fact that it's a VN.

And Virtue's Last Reward says hello, although I have no idea what that has to do with this.

9. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

PSP... a non-Kiseki PSP title. With more text too. So, that. A Vita port would work I'm sure.

10. MasterNemesis

MasterNemesis New Member

I was trying to say that localization companies mostly risking it only to bring them to NA
    and letting Europe out with the VNs. Sure there are some exceptions.

11. BachBreaker

BachBreaker New Member

I seriously think there is no excuse for the game is not localized. Visual novels have lately gained much reputation in West, if not look at Steam, many are coming there.

12. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

There is... Tiny company already working on a text-heavy game as is with the third one hopefully to work on next. Everyone else need to work on games that are easier to progress on. PSP is no longer a focus unless there's little text or it's a Falcom title. That's pretty much why. A Vita port would bring a second chance to it though, I'm sure.

13. Amaterasu175

Amaterasu175 New Member

In addition to Terro's post, Steam isn't something that's gonna die out very soon, unlike the PSP. You need to realize how a business works.

14. MasterNemesis

MasterNemesis New Member

Steam will never die out.
    It's the big company behind PC releases.
    It's more like the PSN for PlayStation, or Microsoft Live for XBox but for the PC site.

15. MasterNemesis

MasterNemesis New Member

Still you can't deny it that VNs aren't big enough here.
    I agree that more and more VNs are released here.

A PSVita port for 2U could raise the chances for a success for XSEED.
    Right now nothing like this is planned by 5pb so you can only wait.

But you should also think about XSEED here and not only about what you think.
    Right now it is to much of a risk to localize it.
    It might still be a risk to bring it over even if a PSVita port would come.
    I think if Tom could, he really would support it.

Since I have Corpse Party -THE ANTHOLOGY- Sachiko's Game of Love ♥ Hysteric Birthday
    I can say that it really is a well made Visual Novel.
    But I didn't expect something else from 5pb

16. Amaterasu175

Amaterasu175 New Member

Well, yeah, but there's not just one Playstation or Xbox. They get new ones every few years, and games will stop coming out for the older systems after a while. With PCs, the only thing that really gets upgraded is the power of their CPUs, GPUs, and whatever else there is (not a PC guy here).

17. Kintoki

Kintoki New Member

Really is a shame though. You guys don't know what you're missing out on.

18. MasterNemesis

MasterNemesis New Member

It sure is sad for every Corpse Party fan who can't play it.
    It was a really enjoyable game :3

19. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

Damned straight!

The difference in performance between Corpse Party and Corpse Party: Book of Shadows, though, really did no favors for 2U, unfortunately. I stood no chance with this one, no matter how much I screamed or how many weapons I brandished. ;)

-Tom

20. JapanFan85

JapanFan85 New Member

I hope you will stand a better chance in your fight to get Blood Drive localized ;)
    I hope you will stand a better chance in your fight to get Blood Drive localized ;)