Promotion/advertising Of Xseed/marvelous Titles

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Augen76, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Augen76

Augen76 New Member

Normally this section is to suggest titles we'd like to come over, but I thought why not offer suggestions to help good folks here in regards to promoting these great titles.

Now, obviously we know resources are scarce so my focus is mainly on community engagement. For example I think this forum does a great job promoting and responding to fans.

Some points to possibly consider.

1. Blogs about game development - I love these articles and all I can think is how I want more to see the process. Understandably some aspects are kept secret, but still fascinating to learn challenges each title presents. I am not sure about logistics, but perhaps a video where the writer speaks inter cutting clips of the game could be a way to engage folks who might be put off by a wall of text?

2. Twitter/Facebook - Updates or generally things like gifs actually help remind me of titles and get me excited about games. Keeping something in people's minds has value. I see Twitter has polls, could do simple things like "Which Character do you like?" in some sort of tournament format or "Which game are you most excited for?"

3. Interview/Community involvement - I mentioned how this forum is well run, to expand on that perhaps members could be sort of liason with a staff member on a title to have central place regarding questions. Often I see repeat questions and these could be helpful on each title as reference guide to members to see if questions have been addressed.

Thoughts from fellow fans? Thoughts from staff members? Feel free to comment or submit other suggestions to help XSeed/Marvelous.

2. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

We've actually discussed all these points internally recently as well, and will be making a concerted effort to do exactly what you've just outlined. So... good thinkin'! You've got some PR skill in you. ;)

-Tom

3. Augen76

Augen76 New Member

Ha! Thank you. I run a small business of my own so I know a bit about having to make marketing dollars count. Want to help companies like this as I do appreciate the work you do.

4. Augen76

Augen76 New Member

Just as a follow up want to give kudos that suggestions were taken to heart. Feel there is more marketing presence and push on games. Nitro+ Blasterz doing a character spotlight each day is great touch and even been some humourous ones that help humanize the company. I even got a developer blog on Nitro+ Blasterz which was great.

Well done, if I could suggest something maybe do a "Senran Madness" style tournament for characters in a game via voting on Twitter. Could be fun for Estival Versus coming up.

5. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

This sounds... frightening. But maybe it would be "interesting" even for people who don't care about the series.

Lab Zero did it for Skull Girls. And they said due to how it went they were absolutely NOT going to do it for Indivisible.

6. Augen76

Augen76 New Member

Really? People got that angry about harmless online polls? I mean they did one for the series already to decide who would be on pillow cases for European LE.