Pokemon Discussion

Discussion in 'General Video Games Discussion' started by Terro, Oct 26, 2013.

1. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

Since discussion in the Switch topic is a lively on a different subject, putting these here too (especially if Pokemon fans don't go into that topic).

Also new core game confirmed for the second half of 2019 for the Switch.

2. Ammy175

Ammy175 Well-Known Member

Knowing me, I'll still probably get LGP/E, but I'm probably not gonna be super ecstatic about them.

3. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I understand what this game is. Is it basically Pokemon Go but indoors instead of outdoors?

4. DustyStarr

They are full RPGs, but they are more simplified versions of the games based on Pokemon yellow (but not remakes) taking some things from go (how you catch Pokemon). Battling is still like the normal games, and it seems players will still get to explore all of Kanto. It's like an introductory Pokemon game it seems. It looks cute I think, I just hope it has enough content in it.

5. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I'll wait for the double pack to come out... Well, assuming one does. Won't be playing Quest tho.

6. DustyStarr

For some reason I do not see a double pack for this one coming... I think the kind of people they are aiming to reach are not the kind who would care about a double pack.

7. Ammy175

8. DustyStarr

Who will the starters be?

9. Ammy175

I'm thinking of going with the Sinnoh starters. They're probably my favorite to use out of the first 5 gens.

10. DustyStarr

But what if.... you mixed and matched starts from different gens?

11. Ammy175

That's a possibility I'm thinking about, too. Nothing's set in stone yet.

12. Ammy175

Does anyone have a Kyogre code that they HAVE NOT redeemed yet? Or, alternatively, put into Sun/Ultra Sun, but they haven't gotten it in game yet? If yes, I'd like to ask you for a favor: either let me have the code, or soft reset until the Kyogre has a Quiet nature, please.

13. DustyStarr

How do I get the code? Is it too late? I have not gotten any so if I can get one you can have it.

14. Ammy175

It was last month's code. Otherwise I could just get it myself.

15. DustyStarr

Bo. :x Wasn't sure, thought maybe like everyone got one and I had one in an email or something, sorry!

16. Ammy175

Gen 8???????

17. DustyStarr

I can't imagine it not being Gen 8, it's coming out tis year, they need to discuss it sometime.

18. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

World looks nice, UK isn't a bad entry (was hoping for something not Japan-US-EU, but maybe next time), but those starters are SUPER generic. I really want to see their final evos. The original starter prototypes looked so much more memorable than these... A second monkey starter? Like, we had a monkey starter and we had a grass monkey already. The designs just look... super similar :/

19. DustyStarr

Yeah this is the first time that I am just... kinda underwhelemed by all of the starters. And by it looking like an upscaled 3DS game.

20. AttentionDeficitGuy

AttentionDeficitGuy Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's definitely an old(er)(ish) person moment for me when I'm like "Pokeymanz these days ain't as good as they used to be!" Although I guess in my case, I wasn't especially fond of the last two generations of starters save one (Rowlett for Gen VII and Chespin for Gen VI), and it's the same here (I actually kinda like the water-type here).

On a side note, I just realized that when these games come out, there will be twice the number of Pokemon generations as there were when I first got into the series. And considering that I didn't get into the series until late into highschool... yeah.