Playstation Vita Discussion

Discussion in 'General Video Games Discussion' started by VongolaGearX, Oct 26, 2013.

1. kopykatx

kopykatx Active Member

Hard to say, really. Other games that have a boob-rubbing mechanic have come over (Senran for example), but it wasn't a major focus of the game. Plus there's loli's(including the mc), which lowers the odds drastically IMO.

Wait and see, but I'm not optimistic.

2. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Well-Known Member

The boob rubbing mechanic is pretty overt in the pirate game from what I saw in a YouTube video, I'd be surprised if it made it here. Best chance would be Asian English release if anything.

3. Akeashar

Akeashar Active Member

Well, the boob rubbing is an important mechanic, since it's what lets you make loli pirates into busty pirates via the RL wives tale on how to get bigger plots of land (seriously, the MCs post rubbing ergonomic mousepad is stacked) as opposed to just lechery.

4. tilinelson2

tilinelson2 Active Member

The saddest thing for me is that besides everything else, Moe Chronicle is a very polished dungeon crawler, and the job they did developing giving personality to each of the 50 girls was unbelievable. Some people must be really happy now, though.

5. Ryos

Ryos Active Member

Too much loli to make it here without heavy censorship. Actually, the conspiracy theorist in me says the same's likely why Moero Crystal's English support was quietly dropped, as a few characters were more lolish than the extent that the first game did.

But yeah, it's too bad because Moe Chronicle was actually pretty fun.

6. Youngblaise

Youngblaise New Member

I love my Vita. I am currently playing the Hyperdimension Series. On Re:Birth 2 right now. Can't wait to catch up. The interaction between the characters is so funny. Anyone play Freedom Wars still? I hope Freedom Wars 2 comes someday. Who made it anyway?

7. Ryos

Ryos Active Member

SCE Japan so if there's a sequel, it won't be on the Vita. >_>

8. kopykatx

kopykatx Active Member

Japan Studio, with Dimps and Shift.

9. Youngblaise

Youngblaise New Member

Damn that sucks. One of the best games on the Vita with along with Gravity Rush.

10. BenoitRen

BenoitRen Member

What's with the sudden love for Moe Chronicle? I was thinking of getting it at the time, but didn't in the end because after reading multiple reviews I had to conclude that it was nothing special. It's too easy, lacks depth, and the dungeon graphics are of low quality. Hardly what I'd call a polished dungeon crawler.

11. Ryos

Ryos Active Member

Those of us who are fans on the board pretty much have been since day one. Dungeon Travelers 2 goes in pretty much the exact opposite direction in a similar vein but something I really liked about Moe Chronicle, unlike the difficulty (the crawling TENDS to be easy, but the OTHER game mechanic is frustrating as hell Yoko Taro levels of difficulty), is the absolutely insane dialogue. It's difficult to describe without spoiling it but I've just never seen a game executed like that before, and I've been around quite a few.

12. Leon Tekashi

Leon Tekashi Active Member

It's a darn shame that we're not getting a proper English localization of Moe Chronicle, its sequel, and the recent Seven Pirates one.

13. Akeashar

Akeashar Active Member

I prefer Moe Chronicles translation over any localisation. It's a shame about Crystal. Can always hope Pqube pick it up.

14. tilinelson2

Moe Crystal localization being canceled was the worst backstabbing to gamers in years...

15. Akeashar

Akeashar Active Member

I'm really starting to wonder if its worth bothering to get Compile Heart or NISA games on Vita at all, since they all end up being on PC with superior graphics and folks doing the good deeds of modding out the terrible college bro localizations. Sure, physical LE stuff can be nifty, but getting it at a fraction of the price on Steam sale?

Case in point, Yomawari is announced and released as a LE Vita game... and before my copy turns up from Amazon, its up on sale on Steam. >.<;

16. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Sometimes I wonder if it's worth it for NISA and IF to do extreme discounts so soon on Steam. Does it really make up the costs and give them desirable profit margins? Every time a new game comes out, BOOM it's already on sale!

17. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Well-Known Member

For me it's still worth it, but probably for reasons that aren't applicable to you. The way my life is structured, I'm able to play on the Vita about 10x more than on home consoles or PC. Plus, my PC can't run most NISA games anyway.

18. Ryos

Ryos Active Member

Digital sales don't take long to break even. It's why they're the wave of the future. Or present. Or whatever. No need to worry about overproducing a game, dealing with return costs, dealing with reluctant retailers, and other pluses when digital releases are ones and zeros.

19. tilinelson2

IFI is usually agressive in slashing prices even on PSN. Their discounts are often on the 80% to 90% range during sales, and include games released a few months before.

Their discounts are so agressive that I owned some of their PS4 games even before purchasing a PS4, since I am a Compile Heart fanboy and planned to buy a PS4 "when it became cheap".

As for NISA, they look like they have turned into an efficient Gaijinworks, betting on providing Limited Editions for collectors, so although their reduced prices on PC may reduce their console sales (and part of their profits becuase od lower margins) the console profitability is already granted by LEs. Besides, most games must target 10k-30k lifetime sales, so losing a bit of margin in some is not that bad.

They surely know better than us what they are doing, otherwise they would not be doing that.

20. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I mean, yeah they've definitely crunched their numbers. Just crazy with how soon they make their sales, compared to other titles that stay at full price digitally (even with physical copies available) for quite a while.