PC CS/CS2

Discussion in 'The Legend of Heroes Series' started by Clessy, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Clessy

Clessy Member

Just a quick question. I know the pc version of cs/cs2 support ultra wide monitors. Did they even fix it to support native 16:10 without adding stupid letterboxing boarders. I mean if they can support the 1% of the market that bought into 21:9 i'm sure they can support the older standard of 16:10 as im sure there are tons of "1080p" monitors that are actuall 1600x1050 out there.

2. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

I'm not even sure anyone mans these forums anymore since Tom left XSEED. But I'd wager that probably wasn't changed since it wasn't added in the first place, and it isn't something Durante is likely to simply overlook. I recall him advocating for 1200p over 1080p monitors back before higher resolutions were reasonably available, but I could be remembering wrong.

Shooting XSEED or Durante himself a tweet would probably be the best bet to get a real answer.

3. Clessy

Clessy Member

Wow its been ages since i've been here. I never knew tom left. Is there a good bye post somewhere?

4. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

Nope. He tweeted last Friday was his last day at XSEED, and I don't think he's posted here in a couple weeks now.

5. Clessy

Clessy Member

It seemed like a long time coming. The company seems to be radically changing and I can see the Xseed brand of Marvelous dying off anyways.

6. XSEED Games

XSEED Games Administrator Staff Member

Hello, the games do support resolutions from 16:9 and higher (tested up to 48:9) so 16:10 is supported but may have the black bars. You could give us feedback on how you'd like the 16:10 resolution to appear and we can pass it along. We can't guarantee that it'll get implemented it but if we know it's something fans want that's certainly a start!

Oxeknarf likes this.
  7. AnimeGamer183

AnimeGamer183 Well-Known Member

Hello @alena are you one of the new XSEED staff assigned to man the forums from time to time since the departure of other employees? If so, we look forward to interacting with you :)

8. Omage_X

Omage_X Active Member

@alena Oh thank god I was worried we were gonna have zero contact from the company XD

9. XSEED Games

@AnimeGamer183 @Omage_X Hello! That's right, I'll be on the forums. If anyone has any issues or questions feel free to tag or message me. It's nice to meet everyone!

nivora and Omage_X like this.
  10. Omage_X

Omage_X Active Member

I guess I do have one question but has the legend of heroes series met any sales expectations in recent years thanks to Cold steel 1 and 2 ? the games were among the top ten in global steam charts Please feel free not to answer this tho if it confidential stuff :)

11. XSEED Games

We generally don't give out sales data but we are very grateful for the support fans have been giving us on the series. We were happy to be able to release Japanese voices for PC (and soon PS4) players since we saw it was something Trails fans had been asking for.

Cold_Steel_IV and Omage_X like this.
  12. Omage_X

Omage_X Active Member

Thank you so much for answering Alena, I plan to Buy the PS4 versions of the games as soon as their available here in Canada, :) while I don't play with Japanese audio its very good to have that feature for people who do

XSEED Games likes this.
  13. soundersfan84

soundersfan84 Member

Are there still going to be future update to fix bugs for CS1 and Cs2 pc?

14. XSEED Games

We're always going to look into reported issues, but currently, our programmer has addressed everything outstanding that he could in the latest update. If you are experiencing any bugs after installing the patches, please report them to support@xseedgames.com.

15. soundersfan84

soundersfan84 Member

That's the thing i reported a couple of issues for CS1 and CS2 few months ago and I checked after latest patch came out and so far the missing audio of olivert's lute in CS1 is still missing and in CS2 the missing music for the intermission after the fight against Duvalie and Blublanc. It should continue to be playing but it stops after the fight. Both of these were originally there after the games were launched.

Did the programmer look into these issues or were somehow missed some how after i reported them? If i need to report them again would i help if link a clip from the ps3 version to show whats it should be?

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    Cold_Steel_IV likes this.
  16. XSEED Games

Thanks for letting me know, I'll pass that along and see what the status is.

17. soundersfan84

soundersfan84 Member

By both of those i mean it was a original bug from launch.

If it would help i can resubmit it with like i said youtube link to the ps3 version as a comparison to show what should be there with the missing stuff or bug stuff. Its mostly audio/music.

I do understand that its sometimes hard to know if something is missing or not right for people who are not that into the series.

edit

I am going to try one thing for CSII regarding the missing music. It is very within the possibility that it could been fixed but that is not retroactive on a current save file. I'll start over from beginning and get back to you on that one.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  18. XSEED Games

I did pass along your feedback but I'm still awaiting a reply while we check it out. Also, it would never hurt to send another support email so the support team has reference and data behind the issue! Thank you.

19. Calros

Calros Administrator

I'm sorry for the delay here. I checked out the Duvalie/Blublanc fight in the intermission on the PC version myself, and the music seems to be functioning correctly when compared to the PS3/Vita version. After the battle ends, there's a visual/audio fade out and the music starts again once the cutscene starts. I think this is how it works in both console and PC versions. So if your music is not starting back up, it might be an issue specific to your game. I do see a few other user reports about it in the Steam forums from May. If you can send any extra information to our support email, we might be able to provide some kind of help, but for now I can't reproduce the issue.

For the lute audio issue, we will definitely run that by the programmer to see if he has any ideas about it. Thanks for your patience.

20. Cold_Steel_IV

Cold_Steel_IV Member

Hello! I haven't run into this problem myself, but I have seen it happen to a couple different streamers I've watched and heard it happened to a few others. I don't know if it's okay to link to Clips from Twitch, but I'll put them under a spoiler tag if you want to see footage of the bugs. Hopefully this will be okay:

The music was playing during the Enforcer X and Duvalie fight, but stopped afterwards up until the fight with Crow starts during that entire sequence. Here is a 1 minute clip of it right after the fight: https://www.twitch.tv/nuwxves/clip/HumbleCooperativeJackalNerfBlueBlaster

There is also another bug that I watched from the same stream that seems common. The S-Crafts bugged out 4 times so far during his playthrough of Cold Steel I and II: https://www.twitch.tv/nuwxves/clip/TransparentHonestTildeFreakinStinkin , https://www.twitch.tv/nuwxves/clip/ImpossibleJazzyBobaPanicBasket , https://www.twitch.tv/nuwxves/clip/EndearingAgreeableSwordThunBeast , https://www.twitch.tv/nuwxves/clip/QuaintFaithfulTortoiseDBstyle .

Since this isn't me and I haven't run into this problem myself, I can't provide any settings or configuration info. I don't know if this helps at all, but I just figured it might be good to let you know with video footage of the bugs in case it does help in some way. Sorry for bothering you and thanks for looking into the issues.

Oxeknarf likes this.