On Sale

Discussion in 'Sumioni: Demon Arts' started by EonStrife, Feb 26, 2014.

1. EonStrife

EonStrife Member

Just noticde this game on the Vita Anniversary sale announcement, so I decided to buy it, as it looks quite interesting (despite some negative points pointed by some reviews (that I quickly browsed through), that the game coud become monotonous).

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/02/24/ps-vita-turns-two-celebrate-with-sales

BTW, achievement unlocked : first post in this sub-forum.

2. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

You know, I have some credit I was saving for the Muramasa DLC, but it'll probably be a while for the last one to come out! For $5, I think I might :)

Plus yay life is made in this forum!!

3. Shizukari

Shizukari New Member

Not worth it. Sumioni 2 must not happen.

4. EonStrife

EonStrife Member

For $6.99, I think it's ok.

I just finished the game in one hour with the worst path (and obtained the worst ending), I can see how this game can receive mixed reviews.

It would be better though, if we can skip to any stage that we have finished, and then we can directly jump to the branching stage in order to try to get to the alternate path. You can trick this by keeping the save on the branching stage, but you will not get certain trophies (that require us to clear several to all branches in one save file).

There are DLCs coming for the JP version, but given the reviews (and other projects that XSEED is working on now, e.g. Kiseki FC & SC, etc.), I doubt they will be released by XSEED. If they do (and it's free), I'll be more than happy to play it.

This game can be benefit more by having more powerups (with gradual unlocks) and mini metroidvania exploration on each stage.

5. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I doubt a few purchases from the sale will have that happen :p I always liked the paintbrush artstyle from the game, but didn't want to pay that much for it. $5 I can do though.

6. anokrah

anokrah New Member

Thats what I hate about branching games, having to replay through the whole thing just to change a single choice... And also why I liked Radiant Historia ;)