NISA announces Trails of Cold Steel III on PS4 for this Fall.

Discussion in 'The Legend of Heroes Series' started by Cold_Steel_IV, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Ghaleon

Ghaleon Active Member

Doh! I'm not mad but it's a shame we won't get a September release if only because September seems to be the official Kiseki month based on previous games' release trends =P

2. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

Falcom traditionally releases their biggest work for the year on the last Thursday in September because of how their fiscal year is structured. Which is why we've been able to 'predict' the release dates of their games with such stunning accuracy over the years. xD

3. Vizardlorde

Vizardlorde Member

Well i guess I can delay my vacation from work but im not putting down my controller for 10 days once i get started with this game if it gets delivered by Friday after release day.

4. AnimeGamer183

AnimeGamer183 Well-Known Member

From what I have been told by nisa staff in their official discord, September is a blood bath for japanese games (there are 9 japanese games coming out in the west that month many JRPGs/Zelda), so the move to october where there are only 3 other japanese games launching makes for a much less crowded launch.

5. AttentionDeficitGuy

AttentionDeficitGuy Well-Known Member

Makes sense - NISA themselves even have another release slated for September with Utawarerumono Zan. For October, on the other hand, I couldn't even tell you what the Japanese localized titles being released are.

6. nivora

nivora Active Member

it's not like anyone expects a lot from Uta Zan though

7. AttentionDeficitGuy

AttentionDeficitGuy Well-Known Member

YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH! *sobs* God, you're right! I'm only buying it because I'm a hopeless Utaware fanboy...

8. nivora

nivora Active Member

hey i didn't say i haven't preordered it months ago! :p

AttentionDeficitGuy likes this.
  9. Ringwraith

Ringwraith Well-Known Member

Gosh it's so frustrating to see another duplicate pattern emerging from a company with a history of releasing preview screenshots which look like unfinished editing and then the finished game having unfinished editing in it.
    Makes you think what kind of ludicrous time pressure they're put under they don't even check the screenshots they're sending out for typos or flow-based grammatical errors.

Update: they weren't vetted press shots, my bad.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019 at 9:52 PM
    saldite likes this.
  10. omgfloofy

omgfloofy Well-Known Member

"Unfinished editing" is just typos from what I've seen. Which we've seen from final releases from XSEED...

If you can show me anything like "Merciless Shivering Vase," or "Archaeozoic Big Hole," then I'll be worried. But for now? Typos? Eh. That's normal. Especially for builds that are incomplete, which is what NISA's been saying these are.

11. Ringwraith

I mean sure, but at least vet your promo screenshots, as this tells me you didn't have time to check these things.
    Which isn't encouraging for the management of the project.
    I want to be wrong, but also, not really being convincing so far when you have to know all eyes are on you and this gets by.
    I'm not expecting it to be as bad as some other past projects, but I'm not really seeing management learning their lesson here thus far.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  12. AnimeGamer183

AnimeGamer183 Well-Known Member

I dont think they intentionally released those as screen shots, how ever they seemed to be part of a recent build of CS3 and some one else captured them or they were part of a hands on video, I think the recent Game Informer ones are where those game from, but I could be wrong. Its not like NISA just screen shotted typo'd/unfinished parts of the game and started banging pots and pans saying official screens, they should have been cleaned up and it should have been looked over BUT, its not even the final product and there is still a month and a half to smooth things over. Its still too early to sound the alarm, have to keep the cynicism in check long enough to get the retail version and go from there.

13. omgfloofy

omgfloofy Well-Known Member

They weren't screenshots released by NISA. They were from a play video that was from Game Informer. It's a section of one side quest. And Travis from NISA had stated that they already knew about those typos. But the problem on that is this: they don't do their builds themselves. Like XSEED, NISA has Falcom do the builds. How often are they able to get the builds? I've heard that GI's video ran on the same build as the AX stuff (there are still interviews from AX coming out, even). Which means that this is likely a build from as far back as June. Because, once again, a new build requires Falcom to do it, not NISA. And Falcom's also doing their work on Ys IX right now.

Like I've said- no one can show me anything as egregarious as "Merciless Shivering Vase" - which was seen at AX - for this. Typos are a common occurrence. Falcom's had to patch them out. XSEED has had to patch them out.

I'm not seeing anything to freak out over at this point, to be fair... We saw typos in some of XSEED's prerelease screens and videos, too. I think the comment I saw on twitter was this:

XSEED release with typos: *tumbleweed rolls by*
    NISA release with typos: *sets the world on fire*

This is what's happening right now. I understand being wary, but at the same time. I also feel like it's, as I've said elsewhere, making a mountain out of a molehill.

Maybe I should amend that to say 'if you can show me typos in NISA's official screenshots - and link them to me- I'll concede to your argument. Game footage is going to show typos of an incomplete/not-fully-edited script. Especially as they just let people play the game freely at AX, and news sources got even more access to the game than people playing the demo at the convention itself.

If you want to look at NISA controlling what the public sees, what about the convention in London before AX? People weren't even allowed to film the demo at the time.

saldite and KlausRealta like this.
  14. Ringwraith

Oh okay, I misunderstood the source of the screenshots then.

Consider it rescinded.

(I'm also not exactly following previews considering I'm not interested in seeing details especially as they're basically forced to push the "you can start here" angle constantly).