Niche Gamer Blacklisted By One Pr Allegedly

Discussion in 'Mostly Harmless (Serious Discussion)' started by Dancougar, Jan 30, 2015.

1. ScumbagSoldier

ScumbagSoldier New Member

As much as I hate to say it, XSEED has given us very real, very concerning reason to "show bad faith."

Onto your second point, if we emphazie that XSEED's actions have shaken our faith in them, as consumers when/if someone were to contact Marvelous, it would be highly illogical on their part to turn around and do the same thing.

As an aside, it's beginning to look like XSEED has no plans to address the issue at hand.

2. Tsuiokuhen

Tsuiokuhen New Member

This shouldn't have gone public to begin with. I see it as a private issue between a web owner and 1-2 companies, and I would expect something like this to be quietly resolved. I don't regularly visit Niche Gamer, so I don't know much about the people there, but I've lurked here and followed XSEED through social media ever since they picked up RF4, and if there's one thing I learned from all that, it's that they care. They won't comment on it in this topic because it's not the professional way to handle the situation, but you can bet that they've read it and will address it to the best of their ability. To doubt that is to not know XSEED.

And again, let's not forget that this is an issue that's strictly between English speaking people in North America. Marvelous is a Japanese company that has absolutely no involvement in any of this. They cannot help with the situation, and so the logical and decent thing to do is to not contact them about it.

3. Nonscpo

Nonscpo New Member

I have to agree with Tsuiokuhen as enfuriating as this whole thing was, the reality is contacting Marvelous isn't going to help. However I havent given up on Xseed responding to this issue, and strongly advice anybody still reading this thread to do a follow up email with Xseed. As I stated on the Disqus forum back at nichegamer, I do not recommend anybody from contacting One PR, as they are a business and could care less about us; remember we are Xseeds customer not theirs.

4. TiamatNM

TiamatNM New Member

Well you know what they say, the customer of my customer is my customer.

5. Nonscpo

Nonscpo New Member

Yeah but that only works if businesses used common sense. The reality is that as a PR firm, One PR doesn't have to give a damn about Xseeds customers, as long as their numbers are right and Xseed doesn't cut the contract they can do whatever they want. Besides Im sure that Xseed must be one of many customers to them, so One PR could probably care less if they lost them as a client.

6. TiamatNM

TiamatNM New Member

Yeah I just felt like saying that don't take it serious hehe

7. Nonscpo

Nonscpo New Member

Damn It's been a while since there's been a development on this thing, but in all fairness I think most of us have just been waiting for something to happen. So in episode 37 of the nichegamercast at the 49 minute 40 second mark, Brandon brings up the Xseed debacle and while he's unable to go into details. Brandon does mention that new details have come to light, that are making him consider issuing a public apology/retraction. While I can understand some peoples sentiments in this forum that Brandon may have rushed to judgement, the reality is that Xseed isn't exactly of the hook either. Without knowing any new information, the reality is that the actions of OnePR still represents Xseed as whole. So my question to you all, should Brandon apologize, and would an apology even accomplish anything?

http://nichegamer.com/2015/03/niche-gamer-cast-episode-37-gdc-2015-extravaganza/

8. Dancougar

Dancougar New Member

I just find it ironic in wake of this people were bawwwing about kotaku getting blacklisted for leaking a frigging trailer before the team was ready for it while NG 's reasons are still unspecified