Niche Gamer Blacklisted By One Pr Allegedly

Discussion in 'Mostly Harmless (Serious Discussion)' started by Dancougar, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Dancougar

Dancougar New Member

http://nichegamer.net/2015/01/niche-gamer-is-effectively-blacklisted-from-xseed-games-by-one-pr/

Can i have a discussion about this? I'm kind of curious on your take here I've been on /v/ and they've been wanting to avoid jumping the gun with Xseed with good reason. I'd just like to discuss this and shed some light on it as politely as I can. Pls do not lock me

2. bananalint

bananalint New Member

Yeah I'm interested in this too. Just doesn't seem like Xseed to blacklist such a great site like Niche Gamer.

3. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

First I heard about this and I'mcurious now too. I wonder if we will even be able to hear an official statement.

4. Nonscpo

Nonscpo New Member

There's another thread on this issue too, just in case anybody wanted to go back and forth:

http://forum.marvelous-usa.com/index.php?showtopic=28014

5. Ammy175

Ammy175 Well-Known Member

^But we only need one thread for a discussion. Me posting the link to this thread in that one was my way of notifying people, especially the OP, that this topic already exists; another one isn't necessary.

6. Nonscpo

Nonscpo New Member

Not necessarily having two threads going off simultaneously on different ends of the Forum will only attract more people to the issue and ask more question which will in turn get the conversation moving.

7. Yayifications

Yayifications New Member

Fan of Niche Gamer here reporting in and confused.

8. Dancougar

Dancougar New Member

Eh I made a misstep

9. Yayifications

Yayifications New Member

What even is this?

10. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

^ Looks like someone trying to draw conclusions. I don't see how a relationship like that would involve someone making a call on behalf of a company. That wouldn't make sense.

11. TiamatNM

TiamatNM New Member

I could be wrong but I suspect the one Orselli contacted and got a "no comment" from was Tom. Unless something changes it will probably be the same here. I hope Xseed will take notice and resolve this issue somehow though.

12. Dancougar

Dancougar New Member

Oy vey

I'd still like to get some kind of official response to this anything

I don't want to knee jerk and I fear I might have done it by accident but I also don't want others to do so for backlash. I know many critics of the consumers of Niche want to paint them as attackers and harassers for simply asking questions when that is untrue. many do not want to poop where they eat but this has potential to make many paying consumers and fans angry.

13. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

There definately has to be more to this. As a judge of character, I don't see any reason that XSEED would randomly cut ties.

14. Dancougar

Dancougar New Member

I need to know the full picture too because Techraptor isn't cut off but Niche is? Funny

15. ceruleanstars

ceruleanstars New Member

I, uh... never heard of NicheGamer until now? I guess I'm very out of the loop as a result, but it seems from what I read of the comments that some people are being a bit arrogant (omg, we are the only ones who give them PR! Er, yeah, them and the many sites which gave Memories of Celceta a good review and all the promotion for Falcom games on Steam.) And... wtf with the conspiracy theories. Look at their address, they're in San Francisco so they must have teh gay and that is why they blacklisted us? IDEK what they were trying to get at. I think my brain just broke at "they're in San Francisco so we all know what that means." This is why I hang out here instead of in places where you can't even agree to disagree on certain issues without it being assumed that you're a grenade-throwing social justice warrior with the bubonic plague, or something. If people think Tom must have secretly blacklisted them over the trap thing, that's... so much detachment from reality I have no words. I mean, I have agreed to disagree with him on several issues, but if they think he would blacklist them over that, they very obviously don't know him at all.

16. TiamatNM

TiamatNM New Member

Nichegamer agrees with Tom about the "trap" controversy. I don't think anyone is saying they were blacklisted by Tom.

17. FirionHope

FirionHope New Member

I also like NG. I don't think Xseed is responsible but even so using a PR company whos going to blacklist a site that goes out of its way to praise Xseed and its games again and again while letting god awful sites like Polygon that are just going to crap on the games they get and the people who enjoy them (along with Xseed itself) to the point of publishing smear pieces get a free pass really rubs me the wrong away.

18. Nonscpo

Nonscpo New Member

The whole San Francisco talk probably has to do with gamergate, as Im sure you can imagine almost six months later, there are some people who are still angry and bitter over the lack of a resolution. Now on to Nichegamer, there a website that popped up in 2013, and are very open minded writers that cover all forms of Niche games and genres; including eroges and nukiges.

19. JackDandy

JackDandy New Member

Don't be too bothered about it Cerulean, people are just curious is all :)

20. Dancougar

Dancougar New Member

Yeah its shooting them in the foot