New Kiseki project in the works.

Discussion in 'The Legend of Heroes Series' started by Cold_Steel_IV, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Cold_Steel_IV

Cold_Steel_IV Member

This post will include a summary of some of the recent news regarding new Kiseki games currently in the works. Any and all spoilers will be appropriately tagged.

For the Trails/Kiseki franchise's 15th anniversary, Falcom have teased a new project to be in the works! We do not know whether it will be a new full game or a DLC, we simply know that there is a new project related to Sen no Kiseki IV/Trails of Cold Steel IV that is being worked on presently. Supposedly: "Series-wide things left undone and answers to mysteries from Sen IV serve as its basis.".

The Kiseki development team is currently split in two groups: One working on the next Arc, which is extremely likely to be Calvard. Falcom have said it will take about 2-3 years of development from the time Sen IV released before this next Arc begins. The second working on this new CS IV-related project.

We have two new protagonists being teased for the future (Dengeki theorized/speculated they may be characters "3" and "9" from the CS IV book series of the same name). On the cover of the 15th anniversary Dengeki issue is an image of several of the series's characters throughout the games along with these two new characters. This image contains a Trails of Cold Steel IV/Sen no Kiseki IV character spoiler: https://twitter.com/HDKirin/status/1144289899962458112 (Thanks to HDKirin!) The image also shows
    Wazy
    in a new outfit.

(Note: Be careful of browsing through these Twitter chains as there may be spoilers in the comments.)

We also have new images of
    Rixia, a boy from Nord who may be Thoma, and Scarlet in her nun outfit with a silhouette of Wald behind her, an image of Noel on a ship, and an image of Rean and Elise in Ymir.
    You can find these images here: https://twitter.com/HDKirin/status/1144907636275474435 (Thanks again to HDKirin!)

Ymir appears as though it may be in a different season. Graphics have further improved upon Sen IV’s.

Falcom have also revealed a full map (though some details on it are still hidden) of Zemuria which you can see here: https://twitter.com/Gu4n/status/1144331214435889158 or here: https://old.reddit.com/r/Falcom/comments/c6gz0b/zemuria_map_translated/ (Thanks to Gu4n for translating the names as well!)

Extra details regarding what we already know: The Holy City of Arteria is located in Leman, and the series is currently over 60% of the way finished. They already have the ending planned out as well. They are planning to keep future Arcs to 2 games each and they have teased at least 2 more Arcs: The Calvard Arc and a Leman Arc. Kondo has also mentioned we would get another update the current project before March of next year.

I believe this is all the confirmed info currently. Omgfloofy and others have said they plan on translating some of the more minor and exact details given during the 15 anniversary celebration (including questions asked during a QandA), so we may have a few extra details to look forward to over the next week or so. Thanks to Gu4n, HDKiriin, Aliseyun, and Omgfloofy for any and all of your translations and image posting!

Now, for more unconfirmed tidbits, you may be wondering what you should be expecting for this new title. I would say it's a safe bet that we should expect a full reveal and title announcement at Falcom's shareholder meeting this December, as that would be an ideal time for an announcement. I would expect this new project to release next year and the new Arc to start in 2022.

It is speculated that this new project will take place during and after CS IV, will include areas in Erebonia and Arteria, and possibly star assassins or Ouroboros members as protagonists. Aside from Ymir making an appearance, none of these things have been officially confirmed yet.

If you have any questions about anything, feel free to ask in the comments and I, and I'm sure others, would be happy to answer any that I can. Just make sure to tag any of your spoilers. Keep in mind, we only have very limited info regarding this new title, so we will still have to wait awhile before we start getting more substantial concrete info.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
  2. Cold_Steel_IV

Cold_Steel_IV Member

Some extra QandA info thanks to Gu4n!

Kondo said his favourite scenes are
    Estelle and Joshua's reunion,
    and the
    clash between Agate and Morgan.

Protagonists keep changing because the theme of each arc is the growth of the protagonist.

The "married" woman aboard the Lusitania in The 3rd was, indeed, Vita Clotilde.

Source: https://twitter.com/Gu4n/status/1144957208020602882 (Beware potential spoilers)

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
    Ironbrood likes this.
  3. Ironbrood

Ironbrood Member

I remember that I theorized this years ago (oof, I'm suddenly feeling old) and I was told that I was wrong because the husband was also on the ship.

I AM AVENGED

Grey and Cold_Steel_IV like this.
  4. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

Nevermind, I'm not sure.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
  5. Cold_Steel_IV

Cold_Steel_IV Member

I can't remember exactly what you wrote, but:

2 new protagonists were also teased for the future. We don't know whether they will be protagonists of the Calvard Arc 2-3 years from now, or the protags of this new work, which we currently don't know if it will be a game or DLC. We are likely to get more info this December at Falcom's shareholder's meeting.

6. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

I just wasn't clear on which game the screenshots were from, that's all. I personally felt they were way more likely to be from the CS-IV expansion, but some of the comments and wording in the article made it sound more like they were from the first game in the new arc. :)

Cold_Steel_IV likes this.
  7. Cold_Steel_IV

Cold_Steel_IV Member

Ah, okay. I see. Those screenshots are definitely going to be for the new current project rather than the next Arc.

8. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

9. Cold_Steel_IV

Cold_Steel_IV Member

This is indeed the right place! That being said, there are some CS III and IV spoilers in that link. Omgfloofy on Endless History has been tweeting out info from the financial report (though there is also a spoiler image in the Tweets). Floofy posted the information, without the image, in this thread here if you're interested in giving it a read: https://old.reddit.com/r/Falcom/comments/dsti1w/twitter_thread_translating_the_summary_doc_for/

More specifically in regards to 2020's plans:
    In regards to the new project, there wasn't that much new information. It basically confirmed that it would be releasing before the end of September (which is when their fiscal year ends, iirc) 2020. Any more specific details and announcements will probably happen at their shareholders meeting in December.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
    Kikki likes this.
  10. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

I saw someone in the comments say there was a spoiler in the picture, but I couldn't see any spoiler. Seems like it must be the kind of thing that's only a spoiler if you already KNOW it's a spoiler. (Also, the Gematsu header image is full of smaller images and together are so tiny, I can't even tell who is who in it.)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
  11. Cold_Steel_IV

Cold_Steel_IV Member

Yeah, they aren't as easy to see in the Gematsu article as they are in a Tweet, but they're big ones if you do notice them.

12. AttentionDeficitGuy

AttentionDeficitGuy Well-Known Member

This does seem to more or less confirm that the CSIV afterstory thing is gonna be their "main" 2020 release (we'll know for 100% certain when the shareholder meeting rolls around).

Having read floofy's translated summary, I am a bit confused where Gemeatsu is getting the PS4 ports thing, though - the only thing I really noticed on that end were several mentions of the CS1/2 remasters, since they were released in Asia, NA, and Europe this past year.

13. Cold_Steel_IV

Cold_Steel_IV Member

I think it somewhat stems from these 2 things:

Floofy also mentioned she'll be translating the full report at a later date, so it's possible the PS4 ports just wasn't mentioned in the Tweets.

14. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

It seems that everyone is reading a lot into one line in the summary where Falcom's 2020 outlook discusses a push to promote older titles worldwide (it specifically says 'Japan, America and Asia') and are assuming that means more PS4 ports in Japan as well. Given that it comes in the context things like Chinese and Korean translations of the Evolution versions of the Crossbell games, it's not exactly a ringing confirmation of new ports. They've got plenty of titles that can be released in Chinese, Korean and English that fit the bill without requiring any new PS4 ports. The only thing that so much as implies they might have more PS4 ports coming is that they did include Japan in that list separately instead of just saying 'Worldwide'.