Neptunia Re;birth1 -Giveaway-

Discussion in 'Mostly Harmless (Serious Discussion)' started by Trill1996Eric, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Trill1996Eric

Trill1996Eric New Member

So I thought...since I like Neptunia a lot, and a new Neptunia game is coming out tomorrow, I'd do a giveaway for one copy of it!! Ya know, spread the fandom! Haha (Or for someone who just can't afford the game and wants it!)

Okay, so like, here's how it goes! I shall be doing a contest!

All you have to do is write a fanfiction about any anime, videogame, TV show, etc. you want! Just try to make it pretty lengthy like a chapter or so. It'd be boring to have stories that are too short!!
    I will stop entries on August 30th, and pick the winner on September 1st! Ya know, reading a buncha stories then picking the best one isnt easy!

For the winner I shall require your mailing address and name.

Good luck everyone, and remember, Neptune's Pudding is the best pudding EVER!

2. KlausRealta

KlausRealta Well-Known Member

All good fanfics are convoluted, out-of-character, involve bestiality and weird romances consisting of various random characters across various random series canons and all end with everyone dying becauses lols, right?

I just don't feel like going to dark corners of the Internet to find a good example of one.

That being said, this giveaway is really considerate. I might consider actually making a fanfic just to try to win (I never thought I would ever consider making a fanfic in my life), but I probably won't since I don't have Vita.

3. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

That's a pretty short deadline for wanting a "long" fan fiction chapter, especially with me going on vacation in a couple of days. Hell, even if I was not going on vacation, that would be a pretty short amount of time, considering there is drafting, then writing, and then editing and proofreading. The contest is pretty generous I would say, butt steel, that would be hard to do.

4. Amaterasu175

Amaterasu175 New Member

Why make people do something other than say "count me in!" anyway? If, for example, I wanted to enter this, I wouldn't, since I still have nightmares (somewhat figuratively speaking) from your contest on the old forums. I mean, it's your contest, so your rules, of course. It's just that, to me, at least, having to make a simple 2 or 3 word post would attract more people than having to write a whole chapter of a fanfic, and in only a few days at that.

5. DustyStarr

Well, a contest inspires some activity and fun on the forum, so there is that.

6. Trill1996Eric

Trill1996Eric New Member

I'm sorry, I could extend the deadline if you want, I'm sorry. I just...thought it'd be better to make it a week...ah, ill edit that in a bit!

7. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

Hmm. I might give this a try. Apparently the series has improved since the original game, but I still can't say I like the character designs a whole lot though. Fanfic, that will take some thought.

8. conurebleu

conurebleu New Member

Crap, my friend wrote a fan fiction and I would like her to enter, but she wrote it in french

9. DustyStarr

That's also underhanded, considering you didn't write it. X3 I could pull one off the internet too.

10. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

So are there any rules or guidelines beyond length and finishing before a seemingly now-undisclosed deadline? Any subject or concept this fanfic should tackle? Door-to-door salesmanship? A scary dentist visit? A pregnancy test gone very, very wrong? A stolen car? An Internet outage? A heroic stand by the unlikeliest of heroes? All of the above?

11. Amaterasu175

Amaterasu175 New Member

The only rules appear to be

12. conurebleu

conurebleu New Member

Hey hey wow wow, I'm not stealing anything here, I was misunderstood XD I saw this, and I told her if she wanted to enter. She told me it's going to be too long to translate to participate (it is a 30 pages fanfic)