Nayuta No Kiseki, Is There Any Chance?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Clessy, Jun 22, 2014.

1. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

Well, this topic is about Nayuta. I don't expect any of the Kiseki games to get a fan translation, and Nayuta isn't really a Kiseki game in anything more than name. I don't really expect it to get a fan translation either though, because like I said, nobody seems to care.

2. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

That's exactly how the Zwei games work too, actually. You don't actually switch characters like in Ys Seven or Celceta, but rather play the game as if you're controlling only one character. When you melee-attack, Pokkle or Ragna warps to the front and instantaneously attacks, and when you cast magic, Pipiro or Alwen warps to the front and instantaneously attacks. It's exactly like Nayuta and Noi in Nayuta no Kiseki.

The level structure is also very similar -- aside from Gurumin (which I've also long said felt like it was a spiritual successor to Zwei 1 and a spiritual predecessor to Zwei 2), the Zwei games are the only other titles Falcom's ever made that are broken into separate stages like that. Then there's food experience to boot, plus a lot of Zwei sound effects.

And I'm relatively certain the Zwei team developed the game.

It's definitely Zwei 3 in a vaguely it's-Kiseki-we-sweeeeear skin. And I wouldn't have it any other way. ;)

-Tom

3. Clessy

Clessy Member

I think the zwei series is underrated and gurumin is totally zwei. In fact im playing it right now again on my vita. WHICH btw is the biggest load of crap to get.
    You've got to buy it online on your pc then go to download history then redownload it. Its not available to purchase on the psn store for the vita for some reason yet that way works.

I never beat zwei 2 or even really got into it but I vastly enjoyed zwei I also like the nice hand drawn lush 2d look it has over the 3d.

4. omgfloofy

omgfloofy Well-Known Member

There may be some strong trolling running around the 'only in name!' comments that Kondo's made. Sen no Kiseki has a character sharing some VEEEERY suspiciously strong connections, name-wise, to not just any Nayuta no Kiseki character, but the main character himself.

5. Wyrdwad

You should give Zwei 2 a shot sometime -- it's one of the best games in Falcom's entire library, as far as I'm concerned. It's absolutely outstanding, and pretty much a perfect sequel in every way except music (not because the music is bad, mind, but because Zwei 1's is just too damned GOOD and Zwei 2's really can't compare!). ;)

Well, I hope they don't connect it to the main series TOOOOOOO strongly, since the main series has such a tightly-woven, well-written story and Nayuta no Kiseki... erm... is a very fun game. ;)

-Tom

6. tilinelson2

tilinelson2 Active Member

So we can conclude that we will get Nayuta only if it is remade/ported...

7. UltraKyu

UltraKyu Active Member

...now I really want to play Zwei 2.

8. tilinelson2

People want to play many Falcom games, but Tom keeps trolling us saying amazing things about games that aren't published in the west, and the company that has a deal with Falcom to publish their games in the west does nothing to help us.

9. Wyrdwad

Er, except release them on a fairly regular basis? I mean, we already have Trails 1 PC, Trails 2 PC, Trails 2 PSP and Brandish PSP slated for release, and probably tons of other games planned for sometime after that. ;) There are just only so many of us, and only so many hours in the day... and only one Sara!

-Tom

10. AttentionDeficitGuy

AttentionDeficitGuy Well-Known Member

Well, that's the crux of the problem, now is it? If we could just find a way to replicate Sara, all of our problems would vanish...

QUICK! TO THE LAB!

11. Clessy

Clessy Member

What pisses me off is you guys dont have the rights to games already released on psp by other companies in the past.

Like thats what someone should be working on.

3 Legend of Hero games already came out on psp. But theres no way to play them on vita cause Bandai Namco is never gonna release them digitally. Same with Gurumin.

Also maybe just maybe this sounds like a crazy idea. But games you can ever get around to localizing and translating. I wish there was just a "IMPORTS" section were we could simply download and buy the Japanese versions of the game at our own risk knowing they had no english. Or very minor english added in like a english menu and saving options.

Also on the note of staff. Go hirer Gideon Zhi that guy is the master Translator. I've never seen a group put out so many rom hacks ever in my life.Gi

12. Voliko

Voliko New Member

Gideon Zhi is a great at hacking games and coordinating his projects, but he gets other people to do the translating for him.

BoF games is totally working with XSEED regarding Xanadu Next and the Zwei! games though. How long must we wait for Zwei!!?!!! Still, at least Brandish is there to scratch that Falcom itch in the meantime...

13. omgfloofy

Do you have confirmation or a source on that? That would be something I should post on my site on if you do.

14. Wyrdwad

I think it's just the theory people have been batting around for a while that the reason the fan-translation patches for the Zwei games haven't been released yet is because they were sold to us. And while we would certainly consider working with Tancients if and when we get around to Xanadu Next, Zwei and/or Zwei 2, I'm afraid the fan theories are a bit premature here -- the fan-translation patches for the Zwei games are being held up due to seemingly personal reasons completely unconnected to XSEED.

Doesn't mean the Zwei games and Xanadu Next aren't in our future, but I'm afraid this particular "clue" is nothing more than coincidental synchronicity.

...Though I do enjoy being part of it, and I love the fact that even after I've told you this, I *know* you're all going to continue to assume that these rumors are true anyway. (As would I if I were in your shoes, because it makes for a great story!) ;)

-Tom

15. Veleskola

Veleskola New Member

Well in Zwei 1 you can actually switch between the two characters on the fly. And I'm pretty sure NPCS react differently if you're one character or another... maybe? I'm not sure I need to go back and check on that.

Remember how you mentioned how bureaucratic the games industry is?
    Yeah I don't believe you for one second. Contracts and the sought.
    Tancients most recent post reeks of corporate speak. Kinda reminds me of SpaceDrake's corporate speak regarding his P4.
    So either Tancients has sold it to another studio. Or... She's trying to get it legitimately licensed by Falcom to release themselves.
    Either way I am 100% certain that it is not personal reasons to why the patches continuously gets delayed.
    And honestly Tom has said before that games are only announced until they're absolutely sure they are happening. Remember GKH? So far if Xseed has been involved they have bought the rights to Zweii scripts and are having Tancients finishing them off. But they can't announce it yet.

Sara is really busy right now. She has 3 projects on her plate. She has no time to work on Zweii so it's probably pushed until next year.
    Also may Aidios have mercy on her soul if she ends up working on the original Zweii. If FC had problems...

16. omgfloofy

And that's exactly the reason why I need sources. I don't like jumping the gun on things, even if it seems likely. I mean, it's fine to speculate, but I don't agree with straight up stating it like fact until it's beyond speculation. If people started to say that it WAS coming, before XSEED officially teases/announces it, then for some reason, something ala GKH happens, it's going to be harmful for multiple people's reputations, just because you jumped the gun on a report.

17. tilinelson2

I will save this post, so that if there aren't tons of other Falcom games announced in a timely fashion, I will send this message to trollinelson2 and he will start quoting the sentence probably tons of other games planned for sometime after that and screaming LLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR every time a Falcom game is mentioned.

18. Voliko

Voliko New Member

Sorry, I should have worded it better. In no way did I mean it was officially happening. Just re-stating a semi-popular, unconfirmed rumor/conspiracy.

19. YumizukaSatsuki

YumizukaSatsuki New Member

I'd rather have this game than any of the "real" kiseki titles, since it plays similar to Ys. Xseed seems more interested in the main series though so unless kiseki games explode in popularity i doubt they'll do this one

20. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

With it only being on PSP I doubt they will do anything with it even if the series does somehow get extremely popular.