Nayuta No Kiseki, Is There Any Chance?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Clessy, Jun 22, 2014.

1. Clessy

Clessy Member

Is there any chance we could still see nayuta no kiseki or any other psp games at all.

I know they're only be digital releases which is fine as I can buy the Japanese copies for collecting and English releases for playing.

I always wanted to play this and it looks great. It was also very appealing since it wasnt part of the kiseki series per say so I wouldnt have to play tons of other games to get a complete story.

Another one I was really wondering about is Zwei. I loved it back in the day but again wanted to have a portable version or a pc version.

It just seems logical to localize as much Falcom stuff as possible since it sells so well.

2. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

Anything PC from Falcom is very, very strongly on our radar, since all the PC titles we've released from them thus far have been very successful for us -- so while I can't promise anything other than what we've announced, I can definitely tell you that everything from the Zwei games, to Xanadu Next, to Dinosaur: Resurrection, to VM Japan, to the Legend of Heroes Gagharv Trilogy, to Ys VI, to Sorcerian has been suggested at one point or another. Hell, we've even talked about maybe bringing you guys some of Falcom's '80s PC games if we can!

We have absolutely nothing to announce for any of them right now, though, as Sara's got enough on her plate as it is -- but we could very well pursue any of them for future localizations, and we'd absolutely love it if we could work on every one of them eventually. Falcom's been great to work with, so when it comes to their PC catalog especially, I think we're all hoping for this partnership we've got to continue for a long time to come. ;)

...Unfortunately, Nayuta no Kiseki is a PSP exclusive, and it's got LOTS of text, so that one is kind of a tough sell. I won't say it's something we'll never work on, as I think we'd all LIKE to work on it... but when push comes to shove, I think Falcom's PC games are always going to edge it out. So unless and until Nayuta no Kiseki gets a port to some other platform (and let's face it, you know it will eventually!), I'd say its chances are extremely low... but, I guess, not zero?

-Tom

3. Clessy

Clessy Member

Ionno it seems like Nayuta is their bastard child release of that year. I dont ever hear much about it and I dont think it sold super stellar I cant see them doing a remaster any time soon.

What im shocked is that theres so many loh for vita and that you guys arent jumping on them as quick as possible. I know right now everyone thinks "ohhh vita will be around for a long time and we have plenty of time to work on releases" But i'd say the vita only has 1 to 2 more years of relevancy in the us before SCEA wont let anyone release anything.

4. Wyrdwad

I'm guessing from your question in the topic on the I H8 XSEED board that you're referring to Vita versions of Trails 1-3, in which case... they don't exist! Trails 1-3 have only ever been released for PC, PSP and PS3. Zero and Ao are PSP, Vita and PC, and Sen is Vita and PS3, but the original Trails trilogy has never come to Vita, and that's why we haven't jumped on the Kiseki games on that system just yet: we simply haven't gotten that far into the series.

-Tom

5. Clessy

Clessy Member

Oh wow, my knowledge of the eiyuu densetsu series just isnt great. I konw dragon slayer turned into loh and i've played the 3 from what I believe is called the gahv trilogy. I thought all the vita games where just remakes. I had no clue they were whoring the series out so quickly :p

6. Wyrdwad

Oh, OK, I didn't realize you were unaware -- but yeah, Zero no Kiseki is more or less Trails 4, Ao no Kiseki is Trails 5, and Sen no Kiseki is Trails 6, with Sen no Kiseki II on its way soon. According to Falcom, Zero no Kiseki and Sen no Kiseki can be played without any prior knowledge of the series, as they take place in different parts of the world and star different casts of characters from the previous games... but in reality, they still tie in very closely with the lore established in the Trails trilogy, and the subsequent games (Ao no Kiseki and, by all appearances, Sen no Kiseki II) definitely require knowledge of the whole series, with Ao no Kiseki hearkening back to Trails 3 pretty heavily.

The Kiseki series is basically hell to translate, because everything is intertwined and everything foreshadows something that may not have even happened in any game yet. Terminology is a nightmare. ;)

(As for where these games all fit in with the overall Legend of Heroes series, I think it's pretty well accepted at this point that the entire Trails trilogy counts as Legend of Heroes VI, Zero and Ao together count as Legend of Heroes VII, and the Sen games count as Legend of Heroes VIII. Because if there's anything this series needed, it's further confusion!)

-Tom

7. Clessy

Clessy Member

Thats just way to much loh to keep up with ><

8. LeonTekashi

LeonTekashi New Member

I know it's going to take a while localize all of these games but have you guys thought of any ideas to help speed things up?

9. Clessy

Clessy Member

Bag of money normally solves the issues.

10. Wyrdwad

Not sure that'd cut it for something like this, though we'd still graciously accept any bags of money you'd consider giving us. ;)

Regarding speeding things up, the real key is ample pre-planning -- something we kind of lacked with Trails 1 and 2 alike (we basically jumped in and said, "ehhh, how hard could it be?"), but which we're preparing now in case we do continue work on this series in the future (writing up a Trails series "bible" outlining terminology, connections between characters, etc. to ensure that we can find anything we need to know at a glance and always know the context behind everything we translate).

How much this will help speed things along remains to be seen, but I think it'll do quite nicely, and I'm really proud of the people we have working on the series right now for taking the time and effort to do this.

-Tom

11. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Sometimes I sure wish we could crowdfund this. It would SO get funded in a day and the higher amounts of money could be used for extra goodies. I mean, I know where you guys stand with it, but plenty of us fans would totally toss money in to get a "Kiseki-specific team" to work on all the stuff and try to play catch-up, somewhat. Especially if one of the HIGH reward tier was something like a Falcom autograph (seems to be a popular thing with localized games, well, VNs) and wow those would go fast and help move funding along.

I wish :/

12. Wyrdwad

Well, despite Ken and Jess being against crowdfunding, let it be known that I'm not, and I still push for it from time to time. But Ken and Jess have much higher defense than my attack, so my pushing has thus far dealt no damage whatsoever, sadly. ;)

-Tom

13. Voliko

Voliko New Member

Man, really makes you step back and realize how much of expansive world Falcom has come up with. Especially hearing things like foreshadowing going several games back and there being a need for a Trails "bible" in a potential future. Localizing such a highly ambitious series the right way must require a huge amount of effort, series knowledge, and careful planning. Frankly, I'm surprised and grateful that SC wasn't dropped. The passion for this title really shows.

Gotta hope for a Nayuta port someday I guess!

Love what I'm hearing about Falcom PC games as well :D

14. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

You can always point out Sekai Project, which has 2 successful VNs crowdfunded in like, 2 days and are now able to create ports on various systems from stretch goals due to the extra amounts they've been receiving.

Just a bit of advertising and people on here, GAF, etc could easily spread the word. I really want to get into the franchise but well, them texts and limits and timing to do it all :(

Do you think you could post a sort of poll or email list to get interest, and from that pass it along to them to show how many people would be down to toss money at you?

15. Wyrdwad

I definitely could not. That would be a tremendous conflict of interests in terms of business politics. If you guys want to do something like this on your own, you're welcome to try -- though I'd suggest being as thorough as possible in your proposal, as sentiment against crowdfunding is pretty strong in our office, and for very good reasons. It would take a LOT to break down those barriers.

-Tom

16. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Hmmm well, if I could work with a few others (I wouldn't be able to handle it on my own) I would definitely want to try and start something! Time to message someone that I know would want to help out...

17. Clessy

Clessy Member

I like crowdfunding only because it shows that there is demand much higher demand than people think for certain things. It also helps companies lower their risk factor in projects. However on the other hand crowdfunding is abused. The most perfect example is Might no 9. Inafune needed to get crowd funded? Cmon give me a effing break theres plenty of publishers who'd of backed anything he made. Theres far to many huge companies who have the money to risk using this as a paycheck especially with the over pricing of stretch goals. You also have vastly more obligation to the public when you use something like kick starter as you have to make all this extra crap for extra levels. People get mad without publishing dates or delays. Theres a lot to think about.

18. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

I'm just hoping for a fan translation rather than any sort of impossible crowdfunding or localization scenario. But it seems like there isn't even enough interest in the game for anyone to give that more than a halfhearted shot.

19. ceruleanstars

ceruleanstars New Member

Nayuta did sell pretty well In Japan by Falcom standards, didn't it? Even though it's basically Zwei 3 rebranded as a Kiseki game... I guess the rebranding made the difference? Anyway, it does sound like something that would be on their list for a remaster, although maybe not anytime soon.

...I should really import a copy. If I can understand even a fourth of what's going on, it would be motivation enough for me to work harder on my Japanese skills, and if there does come a point where I can understand all of it but Falcom hasn't remastered it... then I would pitch in for a fan translation. Though I'm probably getting way ahead of myself.

20. Veleskola

Veleskola New Member

Fan translations of kiseki games will never happen. Excluding Nayuta maybe. They're just too big and it's not like anything a fan translation team has dealt with.

Keep in mind I have never played Zwei 2 but I really don't get why the game is called Zwei 3. The only real similarities it has that I can tell is the food exp system and that you have a partner following you but you can't switch to her like you can in Zwei. Noi is pretty much just a magic system in the game. Kinda like Chantelise. Except actually good.