NA VS EU Special Editions

Discussion in 'Senran Kagura Series' started by Ximipe, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Ximipe

Ximipe New Member

Alright so is there a reason EU is getting more stuff in their special editions than NA?
    Last time with Peach Becah they got the mousepad and NA didn't.
    Now NA can't get the artbook, they're basically paying $30 more for keychains and a soundtrack. I really appreciate the translations XSeed does but this just isn't making sense to me.

2. Paiguy

Paiguy Member

It is a bit bothersome how the EU versions always seem to get the better special editions, though I just kind of deal with it at this point as much as it bugs me.

This will be the first time I don't get the most expensive option for our own LE, though. 30 more for some straps I won't use is a bit much, will stick to the tailor made one.

3. Cryrobinson

Cryrobinson Active Member

Yeah that is incredibly disappointing. $30 for just those straps? Where the hell is the rationale there? Hopefully someone makes some kind of a statement on that, but as of now, definitely skipping the top tier because that is just ridiculous. The straps don't even look that good to justify $30 more.

4. Discoceris

Discoceris Member

I read the FB post and went over to their blog and pretty much had no additional details regarding the artbook. NIS America could do a better job of putting together an LE package, so I'm not sure why Xseed can't. Is it the expense of putting this together (having 2 different versions says otherwise)? Licensing issues? Or just plain incompetence?

5. Wargamer

Wargamer Member

I also find the price for straps hilarious, I'd say they're too busy porting decades old games on Steam to take the time to make an artbook for one of the only modern game they have but I have no idea.
    Same as everyone, won't bother with the straps, might get it in a year or 2 when it his the bargain bin

6. FallenAngelSix

FallenAngelSix Member

The answer in the past has been something to the effect of how it costs more for XSEED to localize the game than it does for Marvelous Europe to license the translation from them, so Marvelous Europe has more money left over in their budget to put together a nicer LE. That doesn't really apply to this one though, at least not to the same degree, as most of the game should already be translated since it's just a remake. While there's still a lot of work that XSEED would need to do in order to localize the game, I would at least expect there to be more money left over to put into manufacturing the physical copies rather than less. The fact that it doesn't even have the usual art book seems odd. Maybe I'm overestimating how much of the budget goes into just the translation, or maybe XSEED just doesn't have high expectations for the sales given that it's a remake, thus a lower budget. Of course, having two manufacturing lines this time, compared to Marvelous Europe's one, could also play a part. There's also the fact that the European version costs more....

7. Cryrobinson

Cryrobinson Active Member

I just think it's silly they're doing two versions at all. Especially since the differences are barely there. It just looks silly and will leave people wondering why. And I still can't get over the additional cost for those straps, it's so ridiculous!

8. Vigor7

Vigor7 New Member

I’d much rather have the art book than the straps.