Moero Chronicle (Dungeon Crawler By Compile Hearts)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by WassupDood, Mar 19, 2014.

1. LeonTekashi

LeonTekashi New Member

Aww...Even when you guys fight for censorship, this will still get censored...Well damn...

2. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

Well, things aren't always so black-and-white. There's no guarantee if we got it that we WOULD censor it, and I would certainly fight against any such decision to do so (tooth and nail!).

But I do think it's unlikely we'll be pursuing this game either way, if only because we already have a pretty full plate here (despite only having a small handful of games announced, we have a TON we're working on right now!).

If you really want to see this game localized and are concerned about censorship, I'd suggest maybe posting about it on the Aksys forums. Not only have they released Idea Factory games in the past, but to my knowledge, they've never censored a single one of the games they've released (including the controversial Arcana Heart 3) -- though do correct me if I'm wrong on that.

-Tom

3. LeonTekashi

LeonTekashi New Member

That's true...They never did censor Agarest War...Well in NA anyway.

4. Wyrdwad

They weren't the ones who published it outside of NA.

-Tom

5. LeonTekashi

LeonTekashi New Member

Well either way, guess it's better to ask them.

6. Tsuko85

Tsuko85 New Member

Yea, the company that released it in the UK/EU region was the same one that handled the SMT games over there

Ghostlight I think the name was

7. Savin877

Savin877 New Member

After the Monpiece failure....well we can't really call it that but it seems inevitable I doubt this one will see the light of day across the sea.

8. SpaceDrake

SpaceDrake New Member

I have to imagine this one will go to IFI - it seems right up their alley and IF and CH have a pretty tight working relationship at this point. If MonMon, of all things, can jump the sea, edits or no, I can easily imagine them picking this one up.

Though, yes, I have to say this one seems a little outside XSEED's wheelhouse.

9. Pandemos009

Pandemos009 Member

Aksys released Record of Agarest Wars 2 uncensored afaik. It had a mini-game extremely similar to Mugen's Soul's bath games. Personally I consider it on-par in 'lewdness' with Moero Chronicles. You could easily find videos on youtube to see what they are about. Interestingly enough the game got a T rating in USA.

10. Savin877

Savin877 New Member

Sadly, it's not always about the games content. Some companies don't want to "stain" their reputation by releasing such "filth" as some of their staff members have called it and want to keep a "pure" company image.

....And that's fine, but it makes you wonder why you would acquire the rights for said game. Believing that you can make profity by alienating the majority of your target market is silly and they need to go back to Marketing 101. In the case of this game, Moero Chronicles, it just needs to stay in Japan. The only company that is going to touch this one would be IF themselves and you know how that would turn out.

11. Wyrdwad

Well put! I agree with this 100%.

-Tom

12. Shizukari

Shizukari New Member

Tom, XSEED needs to work on the next DRPG ASAP. The only two DRPGs I've played to completion so far were released by XSEED: Wizardry LoLS and Unchained Blades.

13. Cqef

Cqef Member

And if there's one that has to be worked on...

[​IMG]

14. Shizukari

Shizukari New Member

I can't think of many DRPGs XSEED could work with, that other publishers aren't already doing. The Wizardry and Unchained Blades sequels are out of the question too, unfortunately.

15. h2foxo

h2foxo New Member

New PV:

http://www.compileheart.com/moe-chro/#/special

16. TiamatNM

TiamatNM New Member

It's funny how the game is self censored enough already with all the big heart icons covering things yet that's still not enough for companies to publish in MURICA :p they scurred

17. Ryos

Ryos Active Member

I'm thinking the censorship is only for the site and not the game. But this is Japan where such censorship is not uncommon, so who knows? :p Actually, this could be Compile Heart's way of making the game more viable for localization after Monster Monpiece. No uproar about censorship when the game was already censored in Japan, I guess?

18. Savin877

Savin877 New Member

Only problem here is very few people in Japan would support such a product.

19. tilinelson2

tilinelson2 Active Member

if anything, Moero is getting even more explicit than Mon Mon, since it is having the girls naked during the rub minigame (the hearts clearly show that they are not wearing underwear during the rubbing).

20. LeonTekashi

LeonTekashi New Member

Well, I guess that kind of censorship is alright to avoid problems. Censor the nipples and the V.