Lord Of Magna: Maiden Heaven Officially Coming West

Discussion in 'Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven' started by Augen76, Feb 12, 2015.

1. tilinelson2

tilinelson2 Active Member

I hope it doesn't take that long, I need to remove the dust from my 3DS.

2. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

Well, you have a release date now! It's coming June 2nd, and includes the game's official soundtrack (minus opening theme, but otherwise complete), which even the Japanese version didn't get -- I don't think a soundtrack has been published for this game at all in Japan, in fact! And the reason this is noteworthy is because Lord of Magna has a DAMNED GOOD SOUNDTRACK. Far better than I think anyone expected it to be at first glance -- it looks like such a cute, unassuming game, so you'd expect something simple and cutesy, right? Well, the composer was apparently inspired by Falcom games and Bravely Default, and you can definitely hear both influences -- it's some shockingly epic stuff! When we first evaluated the game, our initial reaction was unanimously, "Game is really polished and charming, and WE HAVE TO INCLUDE A SOUNDTRACK CD WITH IT." ;)

-Tom

3. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

First print bonus? Well, guess I'll have to get it! Too bad about the opening being omit, but contracts yadda yadda, boo :(

4. souledge94

souledge94 New Member

I have a quick question. Should it say on the item description that it comes with the soundtrack or is it already a given its coming with it?

5. Wyrdwad

All first-print copies will have the soundtrack. We're not shipping any copies without it in this initial batch. So if you buy the game new or have it preordered, your copy will definitely come with the soundtrack, no question.

-Tom

6. AuroraSpark

AuroraSpark New Member

Well well well... Marvelous EU has announced that it will be releasing in Europe and Australia on June 4th, YAY!... Digital only... OH COME ON! i called it, i frikken called, once more we in the EU have been shafted, and what do the americans get, a sweet physical release WITH a full soundtrack CD... I have had it with Marvelous EU screwing things up for us, it seems like we have not been heard, we wish for physical releases and are given digital only... im not shelling out for a new SD card just so i can store this game and I am NOT paying over the moon for this game, digital games cost a butt-ton, whereas physical tends to be cheaper, sells better and looks better, I prefer having a physical copy of my games, digital may be more convenient for some people but don't force everyone to go down that path...

I am extremely dissapointed with Marvelous EU and their lack of communication with the people who they are trying to sell their products to... it's Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus all over again!

*Sigh* I realise that this is an angry rant but can you blame me? we are always getting screwed over when it comes to physical releases, it aint that fair in my opinion

7. Wyrdwad

The EU digital version is actually priced quite a bit lower than our physical version, so there is that, at least! ;)

-Tom

8. AuroraSpark

AuroraSpark New Member

Don't get me wrong, a reduced price is nice and all but even so, It feels like we are being constantly ignored, we keep saying we want physical versions of these games; it feels like they are not listening and it seems like there is next to no communication between Marevelous EU and fans. we voice our concerns and they dodge the questions, that's when we actually get told these things, but that's always after decisions have been made and our opinions mean squat to them... it's like why do we even bother?

We want to play and enjoy these games, we really do, but if they cant even take the time to consider our views and opinions then why should we give them our money?

I wish they had the same business ethics you guys at XSEED have... hell why cant you guys produce physicals for us in the EU, you guys seem far more reliable and community friendly than anyone at Marevelous EU.

9. Wyrdwad

We have no physical presence in the EU, so we wouldn't be able to produce physical goods there -- everything we've ever released in that part of the world ourselves has been digital only by necessity.

Also, I think you're being a bit too hard on Marvelous EU. Yes, it sucks that it's not getting released physically there, but I don't think they'd choose to eschew a physical release on a whim -- most likely, they looked at market research and determined that a physical release of the game would lose them money in that region, just as we looked at market research and determined we might be able to do well with a physical release here in North America. We don't always reach that conclusion (see: Senran Kagura Burst, Way of the Samurai 4, Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls, and even Corpse Party!), but then, neither does Marvelous EU (see: Senran Kagura Burst).

The North American and European markets are just very different places, and what's poised to do well in one may not be poised to do as well in the other. I'd say trust that Marvelous EU didn't make this decision lightly unless and until you learn otherwise -- give them the benefit of the doubt. They don't want to screw you over, they want to give you fun games to play, just like we do! ;)

-Tom

10. AuroraSpark

AuroraSpark New Member

It really is annoying, but I do understand.

Concerning the whole "give them the benefit of the doubt" thing, ever since the whole Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus Debacle and how they handled it, people have a lot of trust issues with Marvelous EU with the way they just straight up refused to talk to their community and when they did, they just refused to acknowledge anything negative and dodged questions, even now i posted on the EU forums hours ago and not one person has replied, whereas with you, you have replied very quickly and with concise information and come across as very friendly.

11. BenoitRen

BenoitRen Member

Today's customer-hostile and risk-averse climate, lack of physical releases that aren't Senran Kagura: Burst and the whole Senran Kagura: Estival Versus debacle mean that I can't give Marvelous EU the benefit of the doubt for even a second.

If they're not going to release anything physically, why do they even exist? XSEED can publish its games digitally by itself.

12. tilinelson2

tilinelson2 Active Member

Soundtrack is not something I care, so I am probably getting that digital. I don't think I have anything set up for June (well, there is Operation Abyss, but my copy won't arrive before August), so it is possible that I play Lord of Magna near the release date.

13. Ringwraith

Ringwraith Well-Known Member

There's still a lot of work you have to do even in a digital release.
    Ever wondered why some games are inexplicably unavailable in some regions on release? There's a lot of hoops, and having translated paperwork is just one part of it.

14. Wyrdwad

BTW, since I didn't see anyone else mention it here... new gameplay trailer!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja98jx0iPhw[/video]

-Tom

15. TiamatNM

TiamatNM New Member

are u the wun?

I like the trailer cause combos. I like combos.

16. BenoitRen

BenoitRen Member

This does not actually refute my argument. XSEED doesn't have a physical presence in Europe, so they can't do physical releases, but they can (and have) do digital releases. Meanwhile Marvelous EU has a physical presence in Europe, but all they do is digital releases.

The point is that they don't provide any added value. If I was forced to buy digital I'd rather have all my money go to XSEED than a middleman company. Especially if that middleman company behaves like Marvelous EU.

17. Ringwraith

That's assuming XSEED magically have the spare man-hours around to do all of this, which they don't, because that's not how things work. Plus working across timezones sucks.
    Besides, they have done physical releases in Europe before, not frequently, but they exist.
    As an aside, I forget how much people hold grudges.

18. Wyrdwad

No they don't! ;)

We've never released a physical product in Europe before. Others have on our behalf (Marvelous Europe, NIS America, Rising Star Games, Ghostlight Games), but all the titles we've personally released in Europe under the XSEED name were digital-only by necessity. We do not have the means to release physical products in Europe ourselves.

EDIT: Oh, wait, were you talking about Marvelous Europe? If so, then yes, you are correct!

-Tom

19. BenoitRen

BenoitRen Member

Do you know more than we do? All evidence points towards them having the time and ability to do this. Recent examples include Rune Factory 4 after Marvelous EU gave up on it, and Brandish: The Dark Revenant. In fact, before Marvelous EU came into existence, they released all of their titles digitally that no European publisher would pick up, save for one (Unchained Blades), all by themselves.
    Like I said in a previous post, they did release Senran Kagura: Burst physically. But since then they've done nothing but digital.
    You're implying Marvelous EU's misbehaviour was long ago and that it has stopped and that as a result we should get over it. The reality is that the Senran Kagura: Estival Versus incident is quite recent and that Marvelous EU is still giving its (potential) customers the cold shoulder. It was reported in this thread, even.

20. Ringwraith

As far as I can tell, they're sort of like TK's NA branch, utterly silent except for actually releasing things.
    Although personally I just don't conflate that with their usual releases' formats, different departments.
    I'll only grab the pitchforks when they clearly aren't paying any attention and keep repeating the same mistakes. Rather than silently forgetting it ever happened.