London Detective Mysteria announced for Vita and Windows PC

Discussion in 'London Detective Mysteria' started by PasokonDeacon, Jun 23, 2018.

1. PasokonDeacon

PasokonDeacon Member

XSEED PR

It's been a while since XSEED hinted at the game's announcement via silhouette in their social media banner, but English Detective Mysteria's coming soon with a name change. Here's the abridged story behind the game getting localized (taken from the r/Falcom Discord #localization channel):

The game's available to demo at XSEED's expo booth at Anime Expo this year, alongside other E3-featured games. No release date yet.

2. Fuepepe

Fuepepe Active Member

I've been waiting for this game since 2013! I'm so happy it's finally being localized. Until the teaser banner came out last year I was still hoping it would one day be picked up again during a localization drought. Much like SC after I bought FC on PSP at launch, patience is rewarded again. :)

Definitely a day one buy as I am a sucker for Victorian Era. Thank you so much, XSEED!

3. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

No release date beyond 'Fall 2018', but even that is enough info for me. I actually don't have that many games lined up for fall this year (possibly none...depends on how long DQXI lasts me...and Little Dragons Cafe, if I decide to get it) so it's a good time of year for something new to show up on my radar. :)

The heroine's style is not to my taste (she looks like the princessy type) but I don't have a feel for what the story is like, yet...I actually don't know anything about this title at all, I hadn't heard of it before it was guessed as one of the silhouettes Xseed showed on their twitter page banner. I fully intend to buy this game on day one for sure in any case.

4. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Soooo next week is the last week to create a contract for Vita physical titles. I hope there is SOME WAY that XSEED can once again work with Limited Run Games, to try and get this to become physical, before that contractual deadline hits. (Sony makes me very angry on their decisions lately... PSP never had this cutoff when publishers were STILL putting out titles >_>)

Kikki likes this.
  5. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

Vita is the only console I own for which I have ONLY purchased physical copies, simply due to how horrible the whole memory issue is with the Vita and those crazy-expensive Vita-specific memory cards. :confused:

I didn't know that it would become impossible to make physical releases for the Vita next week... :eek: That's not the happiest news ever!

6. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

ONLY to make a contract to make them. They will be able to be manufactured up until early next year though, but only a few days left to create the contract to print them :/ It stinks.

7. Trails of Persona

Trails of Persona Active Member

Can you give any indication if there will be localization blogs for this game? I've seen bits and pieces of the process on Brittany's twitter, and I'm hoping to get a bit more of an in depth look in blog form.

8. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

It's cute that it sounds like she's having fun working on it, though. :)

Trails of Persona likes this.
  9. Trails of Persona

That is quite true, and it's making me really excited for a game I never heard of until it was announced.

Kikki likes this.
  10. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

Yeah, it's making it appealing. I was going to get it no matter what, but Emily is not to my taste as a heroine since she looks like the 'princessy' type, which I usually don't enjoy, but watching someone have so much fun working on it makes it seem like a quality story that'll be great to play through. :)

11. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

Ooh hey, new website! http://www.ladymysteria.com/

That new website has one blog post from her; it's pretty interesting :)

12. Fuepepe

Fuepepe Active Member

I admit that I started laughing out loud at having a section for advancing text on the system menu. I love VNs but seeing that written out as a feature made me smile. Still planning to pick this up on release. :)

13. Trails of Persona

Yasss, just what the doctor ordered. Look forward to more blogs from her. Sounds like a lot of work has gone into getting this to be just right, and I look forward to enjoying the results in the near future.

14. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

Just in case it wasn't noticed, the game's demo is available on the Vita's playstation store. It was really fun! :) Emily is a cute little rogue. She totally won me over when she was thinking about something she knew her butler would not let her do, then expressed the thought that it was easier to ask forgiveness than permission and ran off to do it anyway. :D

15. Calros

Calros Administrator

Glad to hear you enjoyed it!

Kikki likes this.
  16. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

I had been going to buy it anyway, but before I knew anything about it, I was pretty content to wait. Now that I've played it and find Emily to be a hoot, I'm dying for the full release, lol. Hopefully it's still scheduled for fall 2018. :)

17. Trails of Persona

I'm downloading it now to play during my two nights off, I'll have to post my thoughts later. I'll be playing the PC version but this will be a nice way to get a taste of what to expect.

Out of curiosity, how many games that you've localized that you had demos? I know at E3 you've had demos, but I mean more like this where anyone outside of a convention could play? I know there was at least Ys Origin on Steam.

Update

So finished the demo and it was a fun time. Pendelton was a fun butler, making digs at Emily but you could tell that he deeply cares for her despite all the mischief she has pulled off. Holmes of course has that personality that puts you off, but there was some nice touches that showed a gentler side, or at least a warmer side when him and Watson were back at the palace once the ceremony started. Watson was one I knew I would like right away, more laid back and friendly, and while not nearly the level of Holmes has his moments of insight.

Emily will definitely be a joy to see through the game and various routes. One of my favorite moments was when she tells Holmes to not be so rigid all the time. She can be timid but I love her curiosity and ability to just do what she feels like. I can tell how much work was put into localizing, as the way the details were given of an area really made the place feel alive with just one still portrait. Heck, the opening part talking about not getting lost gave me chills. Great work Britanny.

One question I have, is To-day an old way to spell today? I typed it into google and nothing came up for me, and it came up multiple times so I was curious.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  18. GangsterSwedish

GangsterSwedish New Member

Does anyone know the release date for this one? The PS Store shows it as having been released but I can only seem to find the demo. Anxiously waiting to play it!

19. Cqef

Cqef Member

No release date has been announced yet. However, the release window should still be "fall 2018", as per the initial game announcement.

20. GangsterSwedish

GangsterSwedish New Member

Thanks! Pretty excited for this one.