Late To The Apocalypse!

Discussion in 'Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon' started by Kintoki, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Kintoki

Kintoki New Member

Ohh, well I didn't expect the ballerina/botanist memory to be continued.

Also! Dat gauntlet, holy crap. I had to use all my items just to survive running away from everything in there.

2. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Oh yeah that ballerina story... Geeze that whole story was ummm something... there were sooo many of those and I did manage to get all of them.

3. Amaterasu175

Amaterasu175 New Member

I think I missed out on a lot of those memory items... :(

4. Kintoki

Kintoki New Member

Lol, got past the motion sensor room, and then.......my wiimote's batteries died........: o

Thankfully the replacements I found seem to have at least enough charge to maybe hopefully let me finish the game?

5. Amaterasu175

Amaterasu175 New Member

Oh god... is the room I'm thinking of right after the motion sensor room? It's the one with those annoying robots that are hard to skip past (partially due to the narrow walkways), and I had to skip fighting them because I couldn't beat them AND get to the end of the room in time.

...Not sure how well I explained that, but I want to say that room is right after the motion sensor one. Then again, as I've said, everything after the dam is one big blur to me. I hated that room so much. So much rage. I'm convinced I was underleveled.

6. Kintoki

Kintoki New Member

Before, actually. The one with the narrow walkways and Sai mentions you'll lose health by just being in there so you need to hurry.

Anyways! I finished the game......but I'm not quite sure I understood the ending. Maybe it was just too vague for me?

Can anyone else sum up what they thought happened? Did Ren and Seto go looking for humans together for a few summers, and then she died and he was all alone again? But the little scene after made it seem like she was taking off right then and there without Seto....

7. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

It's probably up to interpretation. The whole thing is pretty much a tragedy from start to finish. Never really gives hope, but gives you so many feels!

8. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

I think they eventually parted, that was what seemed the most logical to me, but still, the whole game... I was not even prepared for all the feels. :( No one told me about them! But not knowing made it even better, I think. Really glad my BF got me the game. :3 Just took me forever to play it because lul backlog.

Also, I think I hate those legs more than the birds, personally... the birds never gave me a problem, and neither did the roller coaster. But those legs were such time wasters.

Also, as for the bells... was I the only one that did not realize that the narrator was a cat until the last one?

9. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Wait... I thought the narrator was an older Seta talking about his journey? Or do you mean the story of the cat with the bell? Because then yeah, that was a kitty :p

10. Kintoki

Kintoki New Member

The cat could talk? That's weird. I missed like one of the middle bells and the last one.

11. DustyStarr

Oh my God Kinny didn't even know what have I dooooooone. ;~;

But yes, I meant the "seven bells" story, or whatever it was called. I had no idea it was a kitty until the last one. X3

Should not come as a surprise though, because Animals do talk in the Memory Items now and then.

EDIT: Oh! And while it probably won't give you the same feels, if you like this game, I recommend Silent Hill: Shattered Memories. :3 It is a really good game that a lot of people wrote off. ...Just do not spoil it, or the game is sorta ruined.

12. Kintoki

Kintoki New Member

Does that mean all the others were cats too? I guess that'd make sense since cat collars usually have bells. Oh, and the one story where the feeble old lady picked her up struck me as odd, but makes sense now.

Also still trying to figure out what the word was they were using for "bell" in the Japanese audio. They didn't use suzu, and whatever it was sounded more like, I dunno, maybe French?

Kuroshetto was the Japanese pronunciation I think.

13. DustyStarr

Yes, all of them were kitties. :3 Made most things make a lot more sense... though, the final one is sorta essential in tying the story together.

And huh, strange. :/ I guess that "suzu" is bell in Japanese? And it always do throw me off when they use French Loan Words...

14. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Wait ALL of the other stories were cats?? Even the ones about the new shoes and the ballet one? 0_o ...no, no that can't be...

15. DustyStarr

No no, just the bell stories. X3 That's what I was saying, at least.

Because one or two are clearly dogs. :p

...Cat Ballet...

16. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Yes cat ballet... like on Princess Tutu!

17. DustyStarr

Never saw the movie or show. X3

...Seto was actually a cat all along...

18. Kintoki

Kintoki New Member

Yup, found it. They use the word clochette.

19. akito666

akito666 New Member

I will buy this game someday. I don't like nunchuk games but this is a good JRPG!