Juon: The Grudge Haunted House Sim Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Older XSEED Games' started by ShikouNagakura, Jul 20, 2015.

1. ShikouNagakura

ShikouNagakura New Member

A wii game based on the Japanese horror classic Juon which is about a cursed house. Anyone who enters is doomed and will face it's fury.

So who had it when it first came out? Did you like it? Hate it? I'll be playing it for the first time soon.

2. Kintoki

Kintoki New Member

I was gonna get it when it was still on Xseed's store, but then it went out of stock.

3. Ammy175

Ammy175 Well-Known Member

People liked this game?

Part of me kinda wants to play it, though, if I can find it for cheap.

4. BachBreaker

BachBreaker New Member

Why wouldn't someone like this game? It was awesome IMHO.

5. Ammy175

Ammy175 Well-Known Member

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii/ju-on-the-grudge

That's a lower score than the 3DS version of Sonic Boom, for comparison's sake (which is lower than the infamous Sonic 06).

Of course, I haven't played the game myself, so who knows, maybe the critics are wrong, but I have low expectations.

6. BachBreaker

BachBreaker New Member

Well, I personally enjoyed the game, even with the clunky controls. Besides, I only trust user based reviews.

7. Cryrobinson

Cryrobinson Active Member

OLD topic, but picked a copy up finally a few months back (I love the films; at least the first two that is)! I personally enjoyed it. It's not so much a game as an experience, but it says haunted house simulator so expect that, you know?

Overall I had fun with it though. For what it is :p

8. banballow

banballow Well-Known Member

The first time I ever tried it out, I absolutely hated it. HA-TED-IT!! I couldn't see a damn thing, it was so dark

Some time later, I upgraded my TV and found out it was just the Component port on my old TV was making everything way darker than intended. Ju-On wasn't exactly a bright game to start with, given that it was supposed to be scary... so you can imagine how dark it was for me.

On a good TV, the game was good. I think a lot of people were expecting something like Resident Evil or Silent Hill, but it was as described, a Haunted House Simulator.

9. Cryrobinson

Cryrobinson Active Member

Couldn't agree more, the overly-critical reviews I saw all note "this doesn't feel like a game" which it says on the box. So silly. I thought as an experience it was wonderful!