Is Shinovi Versus Pc Not Coming To Gog Anymore?

Discussion in 'Senran Kagura Series' started by Theswweet, May 21, 2016.

1. Theswweet

Theswweet Active Member

I noticed that when you guys updated your twitter profile's banner today Shinovi Versus PC was described as coming to Steam this summer, instead of Steam and GOG like the previous banner said. All the other PC games you guys have coming say that they're coming to PC in general - Shinovi Versus is the only one that's specifically stated as coming to Steam.

If that's the case, I can't say I'm very happy about that. Is there any particular reason for the change? Multiplayer maybe?

2. matrich99

matrich99 Member

I was reading their twitter it said they had some problems with the DRM Free stuff. I think they will try to have the game on gog in the future but don't quote me on that.

3. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

As Matrich noted, we've had some issues that have prevented us from releasing GOG for the time being. I'm not really at liberty to go into much detail as to what those issues are, but suffice it to say they're programming-related, not anything to do with GOG themselves. We are looking into expanding to other services in the coming months if we can (including GOG), but for the time being, and until/unless there's further notice, the game should be considered a Steam-exclusive title.

Sorry for any inconvenience!

-Tom

4. NesterTheLark

NesterTheLark Member

Can you say whether or not those issues will also affect a GOG release for Little King's Story?

5. Wyrdwad

They shouldn't. It's very specifically an issue with Shinovi Versus.

-Tom

6. NesterTheLark

NesterTheLark Member

Good to know. Thanks for answering!

7. Theswweet

Theswweet Active Member

Does it have to do with Multiplayer?

8. Wyrdwad

As I said, I can't really go into any detail. Sorry!

-Tom

9. Senteria

Senteria New Member

Sorry for necro'ing this thread but is a gog release still planned (in the long term)?

10. the_importer

the_importer New Member

Sorry to bump this old topic, but did Estival Versus suffer the same "issues" as Shinovi Versus? Also, is there any Marvelous games on GOG.com?

11. matrich99

matrich99 Member

I don't believe estival versus had too many issues or we would have seen threads on here about it. Xseed tends to correct errors and rarely has repeat offenders when it comes to that kind of stuff. Also, I don't see us getting any games from Marvelous on GOG anytime soon.

12. Wyrdwad

Pretty sure the "issue" in question is the game not coming to GOG. And the_importer, sorry, I didn't see your question until now, but yes -- I'm fairly certain the same restrictions apply to Estival Versus as Shinovi Versus, unfortunately.

And I don't believe any Marvelous titles have appeared on GOG to date, though we do continue to advocate GOG and Humble to our parent company every chance we get!

-Tom

13. matrich99

matrich99 Member

Yeah, I was thinking about some of the technical difficulties people had with SKSV but I think you are right about that. And keep at it I like GOG so seeing these games on there would be cool.

14. BachU8

BachU8 New Member

So this won't be coming to GOG anymore? How disappointing.