Ia / Vt Colorful (Vita) - Maql / Vocaloid Rhythm Game

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Shizukari, Jan 14, 2014.

1. YumizukaSatsuki

YumizukaSatsuki New Member

Siliconera

Doesnt look like xseed is interested in this title at all going by that response(meanwhile they have a hard-on for forbidden magna even though it doesnt have a release date). Though we are getting dekamori senran, that probably has more to do with being senran kagura spinoff and digital only. In anycase i hope this game comes out here

2. Ryos

Ryos Active Member

I don't know where you got that impression. All Ken Berry's saying is that licensing issues could prevent the game from coming here if XSEED were interested in localizing it. Licensing can prevent titles from being being possible for localization (Super Robot Taisen titles that aren't Original Generation and have characters from a number of anime series, for example), make it impossible (or prohibitively costly) to have the Japanese voice track, and more. If this is like any of the other Vocaloid rhythm titles, songs are by a variety of composers, which means each song would need to be licensed separately. Depending on licensing costs/effort involved, there may not be much incentive to localize this over something else when the market is perceived to be pretty niche here (hence Sega's apprehension with Project Diva).

3. Shizukari

Shizukari New Member

“We don’t know enough about it,”

That's all I read.

4. YumizukaSatsuki

YumizukaSatsuki New Member

If they don't know enough about, it means they dont care to know. I could just be pessimistic but the impression i get from that quote is that they arent actively looking at Ia/Vt while they are at Magna. If you two don't think so then i'll leave it at that. If xseed cant localize it due to licensing issues then thats fine since theres not much they can do there.

5. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

It's not that they don't xare. Negotiations and contracts aren't snappy quick, and the licensing might be a little off-putting I can imagine.

Thry can only disclose so much, too. Just need to wait to hear more.

6. h2foxo

h2foxo New Member

This has a unique visual style

7. MasterNemesis

MasterNemesis New Member

A must when it should compete to project diva.
    And since it is another Vocaloid it shouldn't seem to much the same as a Miku game.

8. BRS25

BRS25 New Member

Would be awesome if XSEED were to announce IA/VT at E3. ^_^

9. WitchHunting

WitchHunting New Member

Ok, I'm totally on board with this one. The from what I've heard and seen, the gameplay looks fun and challenging. I personally find the background visuals to be charming, so I've got no complaints about those. As for the songs, I probably will have to do some research, as I never really have listened to tracks sung by Vocaloids.

I've always wanted to get into more rhythm games, too. Despite myself being a musician, I've only played a couple rhythm games. The gameplay for the Project Diva games look solid enough, but I'm not really a fan of Miku, so I decided to pass on those. I definitely would love to try IA/VT Colorful, though!

10. soulrunner

soulrunner New Member

Joined just to hear news about this, was desperately browsing for info from E3 about Project diva F 2nd western release and came across IA/VT, i've been getting emails about the game from play-asia which apparently got pre order collectors additions. Now i'm interested, I don't particularly care if it's localized in the west I can play through Kanji menues thanks to various wiki sites I'm mostly interested whether it will be released on the ps3 or not so I can import and play it.

Megpoid the music lost a lot of steam coming out at the same time PDF came out in Japan, and even more steam being stranded on the psp with glitchy menus, and on a system that was largely open source by that point making it downloadable, lack of western presence makes those illegal copies legal till a western company licenses it. Xseed may be the western face of the company producing the game but till it makes a landfall if there's a way to hack a Vita it will be here legal or not. In fact I believe it is already possible to soft mod a vita. It is in XSEED and the producing companies best interests to release world wide or lose the market to homebrew subbers. As there is not much dialogue involved in the game aside from the Menus localizing this game would be far cheaper than the loss of not localizing it, players don't need the songs translated to play and enjoy it. Just patch it with english menus, and ship then make millions, and don't restrict to region or system format those things will kill your profits.

Again I don't care about Vita I won't buy one, too expensive, but if the company producing IA/VT doesn't localize fans will Fandub the menu's and we'll have it anyway official or not. Just look at Project Diva 1, 2nd, and extend all 3 titles would have made Crypton millions in the US instead they stayed JP only now you can download all 3 english patched for free with little effort and they can't do a thing about it till they localize, companies need to learn from their mistakes. Again eager to try the game hope it goes to ps3 format like Project Diva did, despite what the moronic reviewers here say those games have a massive market here. It is virtually impossible to get a physical copy of PDF western here the game stays sold out, that should be an enormous blinking light to any developer that there is money to be made here with this genre of game.

As for licensing individual songs for these games Crypton will use fan work such as the artist DJ Flatline for instance among others. Most are already users of the software, just getting their song published in a game means millions will hear their music it's not as difficult as you think to get permission to use that music most of it is freely posted on Youtube. The game itself is an interactive music album featuring named and credited artists utilizing the game characters voice and appearance to produce unique work.

Responded to 2-3 other posters in this wall of text hope I stimulated discussion in a helpful way. Please Xseed learn from Sega's mistakes, they gate so many games behind JP first or JP only mentality, and lose so much money. Despite very vocal protest Yakuza 5 will still not be released, Phantasy Star portable 2 I believe? will still not be localized. There is money to be made and people don't want it, what is wrong with people?

11. ShikouNagakura

ShikouNagakura New Member

I really hope I dont need to spend $55 on this game, I dont really want to miss out on DLC and stuff.
    Its a TV commercial

12. LeonTekashi

LeonTekashi New Member

Tom, you'll be getting this game, right? Hopefully you'll give us your thoughts about this rhythm game. ;)

13. CrystalBox

CrystalBox New Member

I want to give Xseed my money (Since they're such nice guys) but I want the Crystal box limited edition.
    Since they're LE, they wont last very long (In fact, a lot of them are already in ORDER STOP) so I just cant decide.

I mean, I believed in Xseed releasing a physical version for Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus and held out on importing the JP version (Got lucky?)

I would also like to believe in Xseed this time, that they'll release a LE crystal box (or similar) when they localize it.

My only real gripe about importing is the DLC and product code redeeming.
    I dont want to create a JP PSN account, nor I want to pay for ridiculously expensive DLC (Remember Idolm@ster?).

I hope xseed does a limited run (like the shinovi versus one).

One question to Tom though:
    Is it better to create a limited run physical version rather than a full on physical release? I see you did that with SV on amazon.

PS
    Created an account in this forum just to say :p
    I really like Xseed <3 Take muh money.

14. Nerroth

Nerroth Member

15. BRS25

BRS25 New Member

16. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

CrystalBox: To be perfectly honest, while I do think there's a strong possibility we'll pursue this game (BECAUSE I WILL BE MERCILESS ABOUT IT), and I can definitely see a future in which XSEED releases it... I really don't see much chance of this game getting a physical release. If we do end up releasing it in English at some point, I'm betting it'll be a digital-only title via PSN.

I'd love to be wrong about that, of course! But the rhythm genre is not exactly a big-ticket money-maker in the west, and I just can't see investors, buyers, etc. ponying up the dough to support a physical release, much less an LE box. So if you're looking to collect an item for your shelf, I might suggest placing a preorder on the Japanese version while you still can.

Now, bear in mind, I could be wrong! I'm not hinting at anything here -- truly, I'm just flat-out guessing. But based on what I've seen of the market, I just really don't want to see you get your hopes up and end up disappointed.

Also, Soulrunner: I'm going to let your post slide, but please be careful discussing software piracy on an official publisher forum. Obviously, we're aware piracy exists, but your post almost sounds like it advocates piracy, and it also feels like it's advertising the concept of pirating PSP titles to an extent. Regardless of your personal views on the value of pirating games, this is not the place to discuss the matter, and I'd ask you to please reserve that topic for other forums.

-Tom

17. BRS25

BRS25 New Member

If not a full-on physical release, can we expect another "Let's get Physical" preorder for this game and/or other titles?

18. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

You can't really "expect" the game at all! Or you shouldn't, anyway. But you can certainly hope for it -- and so can I! I would love love LOVE to work on this game. ;)

I would also love love LOVE us to release it physically. But like I said... I don't see it happening. Not limited -- not at all. Digital-only is the most I can really hope for. Anything more than that would make me super-happy, but I'm not going to set my heart on it because I don't want the crushing disappointment of learning that it can never be!

You mention "other titles," though, and... well... yeah, you can definitely expect more physical releases of other titles from us in the future! We always at least TRY for physical, and three of the four titles we showed at E3 this year are being released physically (Story of Seasons on 3DS, Akiba's Trip on PS3 and Vita, and Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus on Vita), with the only digital-only title in our lineup being... the rhythm game, Senran Kagura Bon Appetit.

We evaluate every single title on its own merits, though. In other words, we can't really give a general answer as to whether or not our future titles will be available physically because, frankly, it's going to vary from one title to the next depending on market conditions, financials, license agreements, etc.

Every game is different.

-Tom

19. WitchHunting

WitchHunting New Member

I know that before anything else, video games are meant to be played. So as long as someone can still experience what the game has to offer, there should be no problem with a digital release.

So if you guys ever see yourself with the right amount of time and resources to spend on this game, even if only for a digital release, I will support it wholly.

20. Captain Falcon

Captain Falcon Well-Known Member

I'm sad about the game's delay; would have been a nice Summer game to play that won't have to fight for time with the Fall releases.