Ia / Vt Colorful (Vita) - Maql / Vocaloid Rhythm Game

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Shizukari, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Ryos

Ryos Active Member

I'm hoping it's like Project Diva in that there is no consistent style and consequently they're wildly different as far as quality goes. But you're right, that second one is pretty darn low budget animation right there. o_O

2. Rattlehead121

Rattlehead121 New Member

Hi! Made an account to show sum support for this title. Seeing this opened my eyes to the (crazy) wonderful Vocaloid music. It's been a week and i can't stop listening. Picked up PDF also. Sick.

I like IA more than Miku, and am finding more chars. each day. CUR ftw.

IA will always be my favorite.

Please, for the love of all that is holy, localize this. It looks wonderful.

3. Nerroth

Nerroth Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cogZgp0uk6w

4. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

The videos don't matter all that much in the end anyway. With games like this, I could play on a plain black background and I'd still be happy. Good videos are just gravy. ;)

(That's not to say I'm NOT hoping the other videos are more intricate, but rather that I think the gameplay looks really cool, and that alone has sold me!)

-Tom

5. Amaterasu175

Amaterasu175 New Member

Yeah, it's not so much that the second video was just walking down a hallway, it's the bad animation for said walking that bothers me.

But as you said, the videos aren't the major part of the game.

6. Theswweet

Theswweet Active Member

I found that I really liked Project Diva f, so I'll definitely throw in my interest for this one.

7. Wyrdwad

BTW, for those who can't read Japanese, this trailer actually explains the gameplay for the very first time, and that's what really has me intrigued -- evidently, you use the analog stick to move the "receptor" around the circle, while also pressing the buttons as they hit that receptor. So it is indeed kind of like Gitaroo Man, but it looks to be MUCH HARDER, since you have multiple tracks heading toward the circle at the same time, and these tracks can be rearranged or twisted mid-song -- and also sometimes come from inside the circle rather than outside.

All in all, a pretty fascinating take on rhythm gaming, and a nice change from the norm. It's also cool to see a new rhythm game that actually looks like it's meant for experts, rather than "testing the waters" with something super-easy.

-Tom

8. Ryos

Ryos Active Member

I was watching those gameplay videos, and it definitely seems pretty hectic with the movement and timing. Hopefully there are multiple difficulty settings for people lacking rhythm game skills. :p

Anyway, the real reason why I posted (probably posted elsewhere but not in this thread so...yeah):

9. Shizukari

Shizukari New Member

I hope this is a success for MAQL, creating yet another franchise for the company.

10. Wyrdwad

I'm just glad to see the rhythm genre alive and well in Japan! Though I still wish 575 had sold better for Sega. :(

-Tom

11. Shizukari

Shizukari New Member

It's a shame it sold that bad, like, REALLY BAD.

12. BRS25

BRS25 New Member

Hi everone, I made an account to support this localization. ^_^ Hope for the best.

13. LeonTekashi

LeonTekashi New Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cogZgp0uk6w&feature=youtu.be

New trailer is now up

14. Raikyn

Raikyn New Member

The more i see about this game, the more i want it :p
    The gameplay looks interesting and i don't know this vocaloid and its song but the ones in the trailer aren't so great imo

15. LeonTekashi

LeonTekashi New Member

Again, Tom, do your magic once you get a chance to play this game! :D

16. TLOU

TLOU New Member

I'll be importing this game when it comes out, but if it ever sees a western release I'll be double dipping just because I love rhythm games.

17. Augen76

Augen76 New Member

Gets my endorsement as enjoyed Hatsune Miku on PS3 and like more rhythm games to be available.

18. Guas

Guas New Member

It would be great if XSEED localized this game. I'm pretty much done with Technica Tune and I never really wanted to get into Miku.

19. BRS25

BRS25 New Member

New Video! =)

20. TiamatNM

TiamatNM New Member

too short!