I just hit another car.

Discussion in 'Mostly Harmless (Serious Discussion)' started by MrDetective, Dec 2, 2016.

1. MrDetective

MrDetective Member

I just accidentally hit someone else's car on the freeway. We traded license and information already. But she didn't have her insurance paper with her, so she ended up giving me some kind of Esurance number instead. Not sure if that was okay...:(
    I'm pretty worried and upset at myself right now. :mad: I was going to ask how much you guys think I'd need to pay, but my dad just said the insurance company can cover that kind of damage. Have you guys gotten into a car collision before? :oops: How do you get over it quickly? Truth is, I stay up late every night to study, so I am always kinda sleepy by evening after school. I tried so hard to stay awake, from yelling, singing, to pinching my cheek. It's a miracle that I haven't hit anyone until now. Today my eyes closed for one second (not just once though...) and 'bam'. :eek: Now I'm kinda worried this might happen again. While everything seems fine for now, it was like a nightmare.
    Don't even know why I posted this either. Guess I just wanted to rant. o_O

2. Fuepepe

Fuepepe Active Member

If US insurance is anything similar to Canadian I'd expect your premiums to go up next time you have to renew.

3. dunno001

dunno001 Member

Oh, it is. Some companies offer an optional 'accident forgiveness' and won't raise it on your first one, but you're essentially already paying almost as much by signing up for it. I was angry when my personal insurance went up when I was driving a bus and was hit by someone else. The police even issued them a ticket. But because I was there, it went up. Great excuse to switch insurance companies...

4. Clessy

Clessy Member

You're just paying your just dues. Once you're older and hit over 25 I believe insurance is cheap. I've got 6 cars and my 6 month premium is only $450ish.

5. Fuepepe

Fuepepe Active Member

2 year later post...

6. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Necro'd and possible stealth brag on cars owned?

7. AnimeGamer183

AnimeGamer183 Well-Known Member