Hints for defeating Dark Fact in nightmare mode

Discussion in 'Ys Series' started by Urizen Player 22, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Urizen Player 22

Urizen Player 22 New Member

Good morning everyone.
    I saw tons of videos and read some tips, but I still can't defeat Dark Fact... I don't know if theres something I'm forgetting to do, but I hope I'll find some answers here, since seems here are many with deep knowledge of the Ys universe.
    The version I'm referring to is the Chronicles+ bought on Steam.
    Here are my configuration (I heard something about the refresh rate) and equipment.

CONFIG:
    Resolution: 640x480
    Refresh rate: 60Hz
    Display mode: Complete (4:3)
    Texture filter: point

EQUIP:
    All silver gears, Power Ring and Gemma Talisman.

Thanks in advance.

2. Urizen Player 22

There's really no idea? I tried disabling v-sync and using a PS4 controller, but nothing... the pattern isn't stuck, there's a moment when he starts to move randomly...

3. nivora

nivora Active Member

is there a reason you're playing at such low res? Anyway what worked for me is to lock the game to 30fps, officially that bug has been patchet out but i still noticed a large difference in its movement speed however i think it is more important to understand how he moves and what he does, hitting him makes the tile you hit him on break which makes it easy to fall, if you break in a bad pattern you'll be locked out and killed easily. His fireballs where minor imo.

4. Urizen Player 22

Hmm, I hadn't the chance to set the framerate to 30fps, but I managed to kill him this morning, somehow... =_=" Compared to the nightmare mode, the time Attack has been a piece of cake! =_="