Harvest Moon: Seeds Of Memories

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by AmericanPsycho, Dec 19, 2015.

1. AmericanPsycho

AmericanPsycho Well-Known Member

As you guys are currently developing Harvest Moon: Seeds of Memories, perhaps we could get an upcoming games thread going for the title?

2. Captain Falcon

Captain Falcon Well-Known Member

Remember, Marvelous doesn't develop or publish "Harvest Moon", they publish "Story of Seasons".

3. Ammy175

Ammy175 Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's Natsume...

4. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

It's Harvest Moon in name only. I don't even know if they are developed in Japan or not even. I think it's mostly in America here.

5. Nyaon

Nyaon New Member

Marvelous makes the Bokujo Monogatari (Farm Story) games. Natsume has been translating these games in the west under the name "Harvest Moon". Recently though, Marvelous decided to give the Bokujo Monogatari series for XSEED Games to localize. Natsume owns the rights to the name Harvest Moon, which is why the Bokujo Monogatari series is called Story of Seasons now.

Natsume has decided to make their own games under the Harvest Moon name because that's how they plan to milk the franchise. They made The Lost Valley for the 3DS, which was disastrous. Now they're making Seeds of Memories, which looks just as bad. The Harvest Moon brand has declined in quality so much it's sad.

I've been a major fan of the Bokujo Monogatari games and am a member/mod of a Harvest Moon fansite for over ten years. I wish XSEED Games took over the games a long time ago because Natsume is awful at localizing games, except for their amazing work in Rune Factory 3.

Bokujo Monogatari has kind of lost its charm recently, and a lot of people want the games to be like the older titles of the series. I hope XSEED listens to the fans and conveys our message to Marvelous because I love Bokumono.

6. AmericanPsycho

AmericanPsycho Well-Known Member

Maaaaaan, all I want is Harvest Moon back

7. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Maybe check out Story of Seasons then?

8. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

It's kind of funny how confusing it ended up for the casual onlooker.

Harvest Moon was Harvest Moon, but now it's not. Now Story of Seasons is Harvest Moon, and Harvest Moon is a new thing entirely.

9. Nyaon

Nyaon New Member

Yeah, you should get Story of Seasons if you wanted the latest installment in the series.

I highly suggest playing Rune Factory if you haven't already, it's a spin off of Bokumono that is way better than the recent Bokumono games. Pick up Rune Factory 3 and 4 if you haven't, they're the best.

10. Lumclaw

Lumclaw New Member

What's the deal with South Korea? The latest game has Story of Seasons, in English no less, as part of its name.
    Even though IIRC Natsume never had the license there.

11. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

Consistency for the future of the brand, I'd imagine. Story of Seasons is now the official English title for Bokujo Monogatari series. May as well create that consistency now, since it's Marvelous' own title for the series.

12. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I still really wish that they added a subtitle to the first title, being a new brand and all, this would feel like a new IP

13. Nyaon

Nyaon New Member

It was crazy how intense the fans became once TLV was announced. There were all these posts (1, 2) popping up all over the internet. I remember Ceecee, a long time representative of Natsume, saying she got a death threat even.

14. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Vidiya game fans can be crazy yo! (See: gamergate and that whole nonsense). Gms r srs biz!

It's when compassion for a hobby can become toxic :/