Half Minute Hero 2 Leaked For Steam

Discussion in 'Half-Minute Hero' started by Takao, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Levitta

Levitta New Member

2. Levitta

Levitta New Member

3. BenoitRen

BenoitRen Member

Looks like it's Steam only indeed. I'm not even sure Steam will run on this computer!
    So what? Anyone who bothered to read a review or listen to people playing it would know that it's better and has more content than your typical $10 downloadable game.
    I don't want to be rewarded for buying an inferior version of the game. Which I didn't.

4. Ryos

Ryos Active Member

While neither do I, with that Groupees deal, it's tempting to grab it for $3.50 on the offchance that that bonus is worthwhile...even though I know it won't.

5. BenoitRen

BenoitRen Member

I wish Marvelous AQL was as cool as XSEED and released the game both on Steam and PSP (digitally).

6. Levitta

Levitta New Member

But if they were like XSEED we wouldn't be getting the game at all. :p

7. BenoitRen

BenoitRen Member

Releasing it for Steam means almost the same as not getting it to me, so there isn't much difference.

8. Levitta

Levitta New Member

Release date confirmed for 4/4/14...

...and it could be yours for only the high high price of $999.99!? The Time Goddess has blessed us with her mercy. I honestly expected her to gouge up the price a lot higher than that.

9. Levitta

Levitta New Member

10. Augen76

Augen76 New Member

Who did the English localization for Half Minute Hero: The Second Coming? I noticed the screenshots and saw the characters all have the “yu” prefix which is like the yusha joke.

We outsourced it to a translation company we trust and then edited it in-house to match the awesome tone of the first game that XSEED set with their translation. We tried to keep names consistent across the series, but I may have missed a few!

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/03/marvelous-half-minute-hero-2-bringing-games-pc/#vFLU7HB3zcusy1YL.99

--------------------
    This makes me wonder how much localization can be sub contracted for XSeed. Is this a rare occurrence or something that could assist other projects. What are the advantages and disadvantages to doing this?

11. Theswweet

Theswweet Active Member

I have played 18 hours of this game in the last 36 hours and I do not regret it in the least.

Great, great game; and even better then the first one! Shame that it didn't get a PSN release (I loved the first on my Vita!) but Steam is fine too. I absolutely love all the little things that they added to the PC port; well worth the $15 I paid for the game.

Anyone else been enjoying it?

12. UltraKyu

UltraKyu Active Member

Though I have the UMD of the game, I absolutely love it, and I'm glad for fans of the first game that are now able to play it.

13. EonStrife

EonStrife Member

I already owned HMH1 before in Steam.

In this recent holiday sale, I bought HMH2...according to the description, we will get HMH1 for free. So I expect that the free HMH1 will be added to my inventory so that I can gift it to my friend. However, I found out it's not added to my inventory. So, with the same price, some people get both games (HMH1 and HMH2), and some others only get HMH2 if they already have HMH1 in their existing library.

There's also a bit discussion about this in the steam community : http://steamcommunity.com/app/240970/discussions/0/34095684703859162/

14. Levitta

Levitta New Member

This store page has a warning about that:
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/240970/

Special Offer
    • A free copy of the first game: Half-Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy!
    • The complete soundtrack for Half-Minute Hero: The Second Coming!
    You will not receive extra copy of HMH:SMNCUB if you already have it in your Steam library

15. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

Steam bundles never give you additional copies of games. You only get the game if you didn't already have it.

(Things like 4 packs where it specifies you receive copies to give as gifts are not quite the same thing).

16. EonStrife

EonStrife Member

Yep

The only option to buy The Second Coming is the Bundle HMH1+HMH2 one, no HMH2 standalone :D