Half Minute Hero 2 Leaked For Steam

Discussion in 'Half-Minute Hero' started by Takao, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Takao

Takao New Member

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=747610

Now, will this be a Steam-only localization or will PSN get a release ala Tits:SC. For some reason I suspect it'll be Steam-only.

2. Levitta

Levitta New Member

This is very exciting. I hope the port is better than the first game, though. It would seriously suck to lose the music player and Goddess Shop again.

3. Leilee

Leilee New Member

NO FREAKING WAY!!!! *-*

This is awesome news, if it winds up true.

Totally day 1 purchase.

4. Ryos

Ryos Active Member

If this is legit, I'll definitely buy. I want to believe but it's so easy to fabricate these screenshots...If it does come out, I suspect it'll be Steam only too just because HMH's portable sales were...well... >_>

5. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

I don't believe it, if only because of all the other stuff on that list. If it had leaked via other methods maybe I'd be inclined to believe it.

6. lail

lail Well-Known Member

Well that would be the non-Falcom PC tittle.

7. BenoitRen

BenoitRen Member

My heart can't take this! Stop the tease!

8. Levitta

Levitta New Member

Guys...
    [​IMG]

I think its happening!
    [​IMG]

9. Ryos

Ryos Active Member

Hotness. Can't wait to play!

10. Levitta

Levitta New Member

I've never hated a comma more than I do now. I got completely trolled!
    [​IMG]

11. TiamatNM

TiamatNM New Member

I'm so glad I didn't get my hopes up

12. Levitta

Levitta New Member

All this teasing is slowly chipping away at my fragile heart. :(

13. Ryos

Ryos Active Member

Pfft, that's so obviously not a tease about an upcoming announcement. :p

14. Levitta

Levitta New Member

They actually released English multi-player gameplay which showed off the translated main menu.

I await the inevitable announcement that an unforeseen circumstance caused them to cancel the release, which will explain the refusal to actually announce the game. :p

15. Fuepepe

Fuepepe Active Member

Not going to lie, I'm still hoping this comes out. I was one of the few people who purchased the PSP release when it first came out and I loved every second of it.

16. BenoitRen

BenoitRen Member

Just watched the video. It's obviously on PC, as I can hear and see MSN notifications. I guess that means there's no PSP release, and this will be locked to Steam. *sigh*

17. Ryos

Ryos Active Member

I'm not too surprised, unfortunately. HMH sold terribly on PSP and obviously did better on PC (enough to make it worth localizing, anyway). I hope Steam's not the only site it's available, but it seems like companies don't care about alternate digital stores without DRM restrictions. :p

18. BenoitRen

BenoitRen Member

I wonder why Half-Minute Hero sold so bad. Other RPGs didn't sell that bad on the PSP, so it begs the question why all those RPG lovers didn't get it.

Thanks a lot, non-buyers. :(

19. Augen76

Augen76 New Member

Yeah, I remember it specifically being singled out as a failure for XSeed so stunned to see a sequel may be coming in any form to the west.

20. Takao

Takao New Member

It'll be PC-only. One of the people working on it posts on NeoGAF, and said this:

"PC/Steam has been good for the series. I'd love to have a portable version, too, but the cost/profit ratio is too low when compared to PC.

Maybe someday I can be open about all this stuff, but working for a Japanese company I doubt they'll ever let me talk."

The first game's PC port also saw release on Playism, so it might not be Steam exclusive.

It was a $30 retail product when it looked like a $10 downloadable game ... which was the price it launched at on XBLA, and Steam.

One has to wonder, with Half-Minute Hero's performance for XSEED being seen as so dire, why did Aksys pick up Jikandia?