Granblue Fantasy Project Re: Link

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by videoman, Sep 13, 2016.

1. videoman

videoman Member

Cygames just announced at TGS. They bring their popular cellphone rpg series to PS4 & PSVR!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  2. videoman

videoman Member

2nd trailer

3. nivora

nivora Active Member

oh this looks actually very nice, as expected by Platinum. I hope it comes over, i've been enjoying the anime a lot.

4. Clessy

Clessy Member

It always baffles me why games like this even ended up being cell phone games in the first place. Do any cell phone games do well that are actually games? Seems like a market place literally for only casual pick up and play as touch screen controls virtually suck for any game with any sort of complexicity. You cant even play mario on a cell phone without it feeling awful.

5. joakkar

joakkar Member

I've never played granblue fantasy myself but I've heard enough about it to know it's anything but simple. I'm also currently playing king of fighters 98 UM OL which is a similar mission-based rpg mobile game and I can attest that it's a lot more complex than a lot of the 16-bit and 32-bit era rpgs in how it deals with stats and skills. I for once never had to come up with strategies for any of the final fantasy games up to VII, but see myself having to rearrange my party and think ahead as to which skills I should improve all the time while playing this one. You can't just solve everything by grinding and hoping the stat boost will be enough.

The reason why a lot of games are going mobile nowadays is because of how ridiculously expensive it is to publish a game on a home or portable console. They allow for easy and quick to apply patches to upgrade them constantly. Not to mention there's a lot of money to be had with in-game purchases so there's a lot to win and little to lose. You can argue that the same could be said for indie games released on steam/GOG but even those have the problem of reaching a smaller audience and being more expensive.

Either way, I think seeing a small mobile game grow up polished and popular enough to warrant a home console release (and one made by platinum games none the less) is just proof enough that any game can be a proper and fun game if you make the best out of the limiations of your hardware.

6. Aurizen

Aurizen New Member

I'd play this! I'd also want to play the mobile version if that hits the American app store.

7. videoman

videoman Member

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  8. videoman

videoman Member

9. videoman

videoman Member

10. Ringwraith

Ringwraith Well-Known Member

Also coming to Steam, so it's getting a PC port.