God Eater 2

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by LeonTekashi, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Takao

Takao New Member

Namco Bandai barely publishes western games anymore. Ridge Racer Unbounded, and Inversion were relics of the era that spawned the Surge label alongside games like Enslaved. Pretty much all of that stuff flopped so the extent of their western publishing is now through the D3 label doing licensed kids games, and the odd Milestone racer.

Unless SCEA's Third Party Production crew steps in I don't think this game gets localized on PlayStation handhelds. This is the same company that passed localizing PlayStation versions of games they've already translated.

2. Shizukari

Shizukari New Member

I don't get why you're being this negative. Every single JRPG Namco did in 2013 was successful for them, and I don't think they're going to quit the genre anytime soon in the West.

3. Takao

Takao New Member

This isn't a JRPG, and this isn't on the platforms they had succes on.

4. Shizukari

Shizukari New Member

A japanese action RPG, and again, it could be D3 and not Namco.

5. Unfathomable

Unfathomable New Member

I believe in you Namco Bandai/D3!

Seriously, this is the other game that I have been waiting for a localization (the other one is Ys: MoC which was already released). I'm not going to put a lot of hype in this unless they feature a teaser or something otherwise I'll just end up being disappointed :wacko:

6. akito666

akito666 New Member

I would like to play this game!

7. Ryos

Ryos Active Member

While I still don't think XSEED has a shot at this, I did want to bump this for God Eater 2's success:

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/02/07/god-eater-2-ships-630000-copies-japan/

While I'm happy it seems to be doing well, on the other hand it reminds me that we have little chance of this being localized. :(

8. LeonTekashi

LeonTekashi New Member

I don't understand why it's taking GE2 forever to get localized. I'm sure GEB did well.

9. Ryos

Ryos Active Member

Since there isn't the same transparency here that there is in Japan, it's tough to tell, but the fact D3 didn't bother localizing most of GEB's DLC doesn't give the impression this performed to the level expected (GEB did very well in Japan for a new IP with ~1.3 million between GE and GEB).

If you check the (undoubtedly bogus) VG Chartz numbers, the game did about 5% of the numbers that GEB did. Considering the WAGs used to generate numbers there, the US numbers may be a tenth or so of what's shown there, which would be a pathetic 3k buyers.

10. Shizukari

Shizukari New Member

Namco is waiting for God Eater 2 Burst, no doubt about it.

11. akito666

akito666 New Member

I feel very upset.

[​IMG]

I want this DLC but even if I nab the Japanese physical version this winter, I cannot have the DLC without getting a Japanese PSN card. I wonder if they sell Japanese PSN cards in HK...?

http://gematsu.com/2...god-eater-2-dlc

God Eater 2: Another Episode: Return of the Defense Unit​

XSeed, how about localizing this game? Pretty please? :(

12. tilinelson2

tilinelson2 Active Member

If Namco doesn't want to publish it, it would be a good call for XSEED. The hunting genre seems to have become very popular among Vita users, with games like Ragnarok Odyssey, Soul Sacrifice and Toukiden doing well (not to mention Freedom Wars, that should do well too).

13. MasterNemesis

MasterNemesis New Member

Guys you should consider that Gods Eater Burst didn't sold well.
    So the chances are very low for Gods Eater Burst 2.
    Besides that it has less chances since Monster Hunter grows bigger and bigger and Toukiden and now Sonys exclusiv Freedom Wars
    are a big competition for GEB2 :/ But since I played the first and I loved it I sure hope Bamco won't let us out here.
    I mean they even localize Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment now.
    Bamco is just stubborn when it goes for localization.

14. MasterNemesis

MasterNemesis New Member

This DLC is sooooo awesome.
    And I think you don't know that.
    You can buy Japanese-PSN or HongKong-PSN Online Codes at Play Asia.
    Just saying :)

15. LeonTekashi

LeonTekashi New Member

Well you gotta remember that the PSP was pretty much on life support in the west. Also, NB sometimes makes miracles. Maybe they have something in stores for us this e3.

16. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

If it's not Digimon, Imma cry.

17. MasterNemesis

MasterNemesis New Member

Me, too. No love for Digimon so far. And the new Vita Game looks very well done :/

18. MasterNemesis

MasterNemesis New Member

Yeah that about sums it up. Bamco is more for localizing games randomly.
    You can never expect what they are doing sometimes lol

19. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

http://gematsu.com/2014/09/god-eater-2-rage-burst-announced-ps4-ps-vita

THIS is probably why it took forever, assuming this is the definitive edition.

20. ScienceNonfiction

ScienceNonfiction New Member

Hoping it can get localized now. Seems there's a better chance at least, since it's coming to PS4.