General Gaming News Topic

Discussion in 'General Video Games Discussion' started by Ammy175, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

Shades of Shining.

2. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

Does it use shootiness as well? Like TPS/ARPG?

3. FallenAngelSix

FallenAngelSix Member

All we have to go off of right now are six really crappy pictures of scans and a little info from the next issue of weekly Famitsu so there's not really much known yet but one shot does at least depict one of your guys discharging a firearm. There was mention in the article about symbol encounters and sniping so it does sound like it may have some sort of tactical screen. From the shots we've seen though, it looks like the player characters are mostly just running around with swords.

4. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Apparently PAX East tix are on sale... I'll be in the middle of the quarter so wouldn't be able to go (even though I made it to the ticket page VERY easy in compared to PAX Prime, and Sat was actually available!!) Flights to Boston for that weekend are freakin $500 so yeah no >_>

5. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Oh, and looking on PSN today and saw that the Tales of Zestiria Eva costumes were up! Well I have PSN monies to spare... $10?! LOL no thanks! No wonder they were able to get the license: they have to price it at premium to be able to afford the deal >_>

6. kopykatx

kopykatx Active Member

They went up last week. Only for sure DLC left for it is God Eater. There's also Blue Exorcist and Sengoku Basara stuff, but unknown if it's been licensed.

7. Chaosblade77

Looks like Steam sales are dead. RIP.

Now everything is going to be the same price for the duration of the sale (excluding price errors obviously) instead of having daily/flash/community deals.

This makes sense in a world with Steam refunds, along with the fact the frequent deal changes were never really "friendly" due to the commitment involved in watching them.

The downside is pretty obvious though. Most games are probably not going to be put on sale for the prices they would hit during the limited time sales. In fact, most games will probably not even be at their historic lows during the Steam sale - the sales are simply too large to provide with the best discounts for a lengthy period of time. This was already an issue WITH more time limited deals, it will certainly be a bigger one without them.

Not only that, but now there isn't a reason to check back regularly. This hurts mid-tier games (like, say, XSEED's Falcom releases) that get a lot of exposure from the front page during time limited sales. The sale is still going to have daily featured games, but why bother looking at them when you can just check your wishlist on day one, pick up what you want, and ignore the remainder of the sale? Discovery is now going to be limited to people actively seeking new games, and that's going to be a much smaller group of people than the ones who discovered games while checking the daily/flash deals.

(It's almost impressive how far-reaching the curse of Kiseki is)

8. DustyStarr

Like one of those corrupt a wish scenarios. Sure we have refunds but now we lose a part of what made steam so great.

9. Kintoki

Kintoki New Member

Tangentially related to anyone who watches GT's stuff, Elyse is leaving. : (

10. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Well-Known Member

What is GT?

11. Kintoki

Kintoki New Member

Gametrailers.com

12. Chaosblade77

http://www.wired.com/2015/11/playstation-2-emulation-coming-to-ps4-sony-confirms/

My kingdom for disc support.

Take my damn kingdom, Sony!

13. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Well-Known Member

My next question then? Who is Elyse and why are we sad that she's leaving?

14. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I wish I could fill that female role at GT...Talking to a bunch of nerds about niche games all day would be so fun! Of course, they just HAD to be located in darn SoCal >_>

15. DustyStarr

SoCal huh... talking huh... I wish...

16. Kintoki

Kintoki New Member

You'd kinda just have to be into watching the shows they produce to figure that one out. Since Youtube became popular, they've had to take a more personality driven approach by producing video game related shows, and I just really like most of the people there.

Best way I can think of putting it is, if you've ever watched any of Giant Bomb's stuff and thought they came off as really jaded about video games in general, GT feels like the opposite of that.

17. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sekaiproject/narcissu-10th-anniversary-anthology-project

Less than 3 days to go and it's ALMOST there! So very very close! Figured I'd plug it here, as maybe some in here are interested :p This topic can be useful for VN Kickstarter news for me to post in, as the other VN topic is still in the general forum, and is very quiet >_>

18. kopykatx

kopykatx Active Member

19. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

^ I saw that and yeah it's getting WAY out of hand. The one thing Nintendo hasn't changed since the 90's with, covering up bathing suits and a bit of skin. This one most likely, is due to controversy.

20. Chaosblade77

That's a really odd change, I wonder if Nintendo (or SE, given that they are handling the localization) felt the way it was handled might be seen as offensive? Wouldn't be surprising if it were Nintendo behind it for that reason, given that the Redskins controversy is happening right at their doorstep.

I'd be kind of surprised if it were just for sake of censoring the costume, given that the original isn't any "worse" than the Spell Fencer in BD and they could have censored the costumes without completely changing the entire job if that were the case.