General Gaming News Topic

Discussion in 'General Video Games Discussion' started by Ammy175, Oct 23, 2015.

1. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

So Amiibo Festival has no online... which means I basically can not play with anyone. Making me wonder if it is really even worth it... but the exclusive amiibos... mrrm... damn neogaf, lying with that "confirmation" of online play a lil while back.

2. Ammy175

Ammy175 Well-Known Member

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/395549511448508802/503603B9C1D13FEEC8051DF4A38A882FDB1F31B2/

3. DustyStarr

Mmmghgh... I am so torn... theoretically I could just buy the amiibo used later for less than 60, especially since other countries are getting them outside of a bundle... game seems cute but kinda pointless if I do not have anyone to play with. Sure, the survival mode works in single player, but I could just play Don't Starve for almost the same experience.

...Might get Lottie on her own...

4. Akeashar

Akeashar Active Member

Last Blade really didn't have a console presence, which was unfortunate. I used to play Last Blade 1 & 2 at the arcade, and loved the style and feel... even if I was terrible at them and SamSho.

5. Akeashar

Akeashar Active Member

Neptunia Re;Birth1 out on GOG. Can write off needing to get any IFI games on Steam I guess :p Huzzah for DRM-free.

6. Kintoki

Kintoki New Member

Dat WoW Legion trailer, though. Daaaamn.

7. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Well-Known Member

Looks like physical Gravity Rush Remastered on PS4 is a reality. It's up for preorder at Amazon.

8. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1141388
    The Tomb Raider LE...

How do AAA games keep making terrible LEs? >_> Some can definitely be nice, and I do own some western ones, but a majority of them are just... bad. Lara looks like a blow-up doll or something >_>

NO ONE can complain about quality from Japanese LEs (unless it's the figure from the EU Bravely Default...) when you see... this.

9. DustyStarr

That actually reminds me a lot of the Resident Evil 5 LE... so yes we can complain about Japanese LEs. X3 Companies of all nationalities can be lazy and incompetent.

10. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Ok, how about "western character designs"? The anime ones come out good 90% of the time :)

11. DustyStarr

Because less effort is needed. X3 And honestly anime ones usually have creepy eyes.

I dunno why I am arguing. X3 East vs west comments, on either side, always make me bristly. X3

12. FallenAngelSix

FallenAngelSix Member

Holy crap, the new Valkyria Chronicles is for PS4 after all.

13. Chelli

Chelli Active Member

Say what?! O_O I didn't even know there was a new Valkyria Chronicles.

14. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

Probably on PC in the west too, since the first one was successful on Steam. Really surprised it wasn't a mobile game or something, looking forward to it.

15. Kintoki

Kintoki New Member

I don't really understand what I'm reading about it though...they're saying its not really going to be like Valkyria Chronicles was...or something?

Yeah.....this time it isn't an srpg like the original...and apparently not even in the same world.

16. FallenAngelSix

FallenAngelSix Member

It doesn't bother me that it's set in a new universe, and I don't really mind the change in artists either, but it is pretty disappointing that it isn't a strategy game like the original series.

Still very much looking forward to it, but it would probably be better to think of it as a new series rather than a proper successor.

17. Poshakitoo

Poshakitoo New Member

I don't know where to blame SE LE's so i'll do it here. Come on... 30 usd more for the FF Explorers LE, and it doesn't have THAT many things like the others.

I feel robbed

18. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

Mixed opinions on the Valkyria details. I'm interested in the game, but I'm disappointed it's not actually a new Valkyria Chronicles game. Seems like it may as well be a new IP.

19. DustyStarr

FF:E is 30 dollars more? Eesh, I wanted it, but it looks like I am passing. Just could like the case....

And what kind of game IS it if not an SRPG?

20. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Well-Known Member

It's an action RPG. It's also by Media Vision, they do a good job.