General Gaming News Topic

Discussion in 'General Video Games Discussion' started by Ammy175, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Ringwraith

Ringwraith Well-Known Member

It is basically a 2DS equivalent for the Switch, primarily aimed at groups that might've not been best suited for it before (like kids, as it's got less things to break and is cheaper, like the 2DS).

2. Ghaleon

Ghaleon Active Member

Yeah no dock is ick.

I would have preferred a "dock only" version than a portable only one. The discount doesnt even seem that large. I can get a regular switch cheaper on craigslist that is still in good condition (probably from someone that literally bought it just for zelda and are now bored of zelda)

3. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

The Lites are neat for what they are, but I have no desire to get one. I wonder how well they will do, given the less features, and if it will actually do better with kids due to the lower pricing?

4. AnimeGamer183

AnimeGamer183 Well-Known Member

I am sure they will do just fine, its a nintendo hand held than can play "console" tier games, AND more hand held oriented ones like we have seen in the past like DS games which the Switch has plenty of both. I see no reason it wont do just fine.

5. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

I am surprised at te negativity; outside of the possibility of stick drifting (which would be ruinous for this device), I think they seem great and would like the yellow one. X3

6. Ringwraith

Ringwraith Well-Known Member

The 2DS was very popular, and more people currently use their Switches as handheld only than docked-only.

7. AttentionDeficitGuy

AttentionDeficitGuy Well-Known Member

For me, I was wondering if the Lite would be the thing to finally make me break and buy a Switch. As it turns out, it's not - if I do get a Switch, docking and motion control functionality are a big part of the selling point, it turns out.

But in any case, I'm sure it will do well - I think its two biggest markets will be parents/kids (the lower price tag, smaller size, and simpler design will make it very enticing to that market, I think) and single-player gamers looking for a handheld (lack of JoyCons and docking will be less of a problem if you don't plan on playing any party games or couch co-op).

8. Ghaleon

Ghaleon Active Member

It's a 33% discount, which would have been good if its release date was more in-line with the regular switch, but I just don't see terribly many who didn't get a switch already to go out and buy one now after such a long wait for a 33% discount when said discount is missing some major features (and has a smaller screen which isn't cool when you're forced to use it as portable-only).

9. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

A lot of Animal Crossing fans are probably going to be picking up extras if there are multiple of them sharing a Switch in one household. Only one island per system... :confused:

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019