General Gaming News Topic

Discussion in 'General Video Games Discussion' started by Ammy175, Oct 23, 2015.

1. AttentionDeficitGuy

AttentionDeficitGuy Well-Known Member

Finally, for the first time since Lucas Arts closed down, what looks like a fun, story-driven Star Wars game. What's more, the story setup looks like exactly the kind of thing I always wanted to see from an OT/PT interquel which I never really got from Force Unleashed or Rogue One.

Between this and Rise of Skywalker, the end of 2019 is gonna be great for Star Wars geeks!

2. Ghaleon

Ghaleon Active Member

I'm not fan of senren kagura, or any fanservice-first game. But I'm not opposed to them, and I think censoring them is bull. I mean I'm not anti-censorship as much as many fans, like when they change the cover of the game so that hypersensitive soccer moms don't scream in the western audience, I actually understand that. But Sony lately is just beyond reason. I'm honestly thinking the ps5 will be my first PS that I won't own. Such a damn shame too because it looked like they finally got their game back with the ps4 being easy to develop for (and easy to be backwards compatible from, not that I care about that but many do), embracing indie titles, etc. Now they're taking a big fat steaming dump on their one of t heir core fanbases that kept them alive throughout the entire lifespan, wtf.

3. Ringwraith

Ringwraith Well-Known Member

I feel it would be remiss of me to add, you can choose not to buy something from a company because it'd hamper your enjoyment of it or it wouldn't sit right with you, but also don't feel obliged to because you not buying their stuff isn't going to change their behaviour in the slightest.
    Continually talking about the unfair treatment they are applying (such as how they just dropped this on a lot of people very last-minute) is more likely to do something.

4. banballow

banballow Well-Known Member

8.0 update for Switch. I can finally sort my games under "All Software". Also seems that the most recent saves pop up at the top of the "Save Data Cloud" section, instead of just being randomly placed.

5. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

We have folders finally?

6. banballow

banballow Well-Known Member

... you can choose to sort by recently played, most play time (seems to not work properly?), by title (YES!!), or by publisher.
    Folders are still the dream, but I'll take just being able to sort by title.

Also, I just found out you can hit the + Button on a game's icon, and there's now an option to handle Cloud Saves from there. Saving me so much time with Xtreme 3 now.

7. Ghaleon

Ghaleon Active Member

Not sure if you wrote that with my previous post in mind, but I should clarify. I'm thinking I might not buy a ps5 not because of 'take THAT sony! Eff you!" reasons, but because their marketing strategies currently seem so dense and against their own fanbase (which I'm a part of). Between that and JRPGs being on p c more often lately, I'm thinking there will literally be no reason for me to want a ps5 w hen I have a pc knowing that the ps versions will just be censored versions. That's just what is evident so far too. For all we know they'll try all kinds of dumb stuff with the ps5 like xboxone's initial announcement.

But I'll keep an open mind and if it still has games I k now I'll love that aren't better on pc or something, I'll still consider getting one once the # of said games reach a certain point.

8. AttentionDeficitGuy

Speaking of the PS5...

Looking pretty good so far! I'm actually unsure whether I'll be jumping on the train either, but confirmed backwards compatibility is a big sell for me. Things I'm personally looking out for:

(1) Will digital libraries transfer over? If so, I could just outright trade in my PS4 for the PS5, which sounds good to me.

(2) How much internal storage will the launch model have? The fact that it'll use an SSD makes me skeptical on this front, since on a $ to GB basis SSDs get pretty darn expensive. Hoping the system will be dual-drive somehow, with a hefty HDD for general storage and an SSD for some kind of flash memory (am I even saying words that make sense to anyone who knows computers? Cuz I only slightly know computers and that last sentence may have been nonsense).

Besides that, with most of the games I care about getting PC releases these days, Sony's gonna need to convince me a fair bit.

9. Ammy175

Ammy175 Well-Known Member

And then there's the Xbox SAD.

10. DustyStarr

Can we get PS3/2/1 BC please? Even just being able to play the digital PS1 and 2 games we bought that there is literally no reason for them to not make playable?

11. DustyStarr

12. Cryrobinson

Cryrobinson Active Member

Aside to sell PSNow... :mad:

13. Ammy175

Version 3 of Smash Ultimate is now live.

Now, being able to download it, on the other hand...

14. DustyStarr

Why must you trigger me thusly

15. Cryrobinson

Cryrobinson Active Member

It makes me sad they do that. I was hoping PS5 would just play everything. Like the back-library is so massive they would make so much mooooney.

16. AttentionDeficitGuy

It's one of those things that I wonder if it might be achieved with a software update down the line - like if maybe an emulator that can read discs from the optical drive could be added to the system software?

17. DustyStarr

I would just like if we could play the PS1 and 2 classics we already damn bought for a start. I have a bunch of PS1 classics that are stuck on my PS3.

And emulators like that exist so I am sure Sony could do it. But turning retro gaming into a live service is all the rage right now....

18. AttentionDeficitGuy

Yeah, that might be a dealbreaker for me - ideally, I'd want your entire PS4 library to transfer, including PS2 classics. Given that the PS5 will be perfectly backwards compatible with PS4 games, I see literally no reason for this not to happen besides good old corporate greed (even less reason than having no emulated backwards compatibility with PS1-3). Transferring PS1 classics from your PSP/PS3 library would be the icing on the cake.

19. DustyStarr

Or the other PS2 classic on the PS3, the PS4 PS2 games is a fraction of what was originally released on the PS3.

I expect the PS5 to become like the XBONE this generation, Sony will flex their corporate greed too much and people will move to XBOX.

20. Ammy175