General Gaming News Topic

Discussion in 'General Video Games Discussion' started by Ammy175, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

^ Yeah I heard it didn't fo well. I feel like these American branches like dumping anything that looks like Japanese/animeish into the DD bin :/

2. Ammy175

Ammy175 Well-Known Member

Sad, really, cuz they're just dooming themselves to less sales, and as a result, less of a chance of bringing those kinds of games over.

Although, I already have Gravity Rush on my Vita, so it's not like I was planning on getting the PS4 version (unless I really, really liked the game/the PS4 has enough improvements/additions).

3. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

So is there going to be a physical copy of Gravity Rush in Europe? May import if so.

4. Ammy175

Apparently, according to Terro's topic.

5. Kintoki

Kintoki New Member

Wild looked pretty cool though. I'd totally ride a bear through a crowd of cannibals!

6. MrBanballow

MrBanballow New Member

7. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Yeah lots of people have been retweeting on it. SCEA really doesn't like us. They are like, buddies with NoA or something. It's funny, since other companies like Namco have gone back to their animeish game routes, and have been doing more (and I would assume, have been finding good success with them). We aren't all into bang bang shooters >_>

8. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Well-Known Member

Thankfully, Sony has a lot of third party support that is interested in bringing Japanese games out West physically. For example, I never thought we'd see an Atelier Plus game get a physical release in NA, but it finally happened today.

But SCEA themselves? Yeah, they're getting to be as bad as NOA. And that's saying a lot.

9. AnimeGamer183

AnimeGamer183 Well-Known Member

No worries, Europe is getting physical so it will be in english and PS4 isnt region locked, so there is a way.

10. Ammy175

Yeah, it's just... a very inconvenient way, and we shouldn't have to do that to get a physical copy.

11. commodorewheeler

It sounds like SCEA is now looking into the possibility of a physical release in NA thanks to fan response. If they actually end up listening and put out a disc here, I take back the NOA comparison at least a little bit.

12. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Really?? I sure hope so. Heh, and people on GAF that are DD fans were all like "shut up and take what you get!!" Why should we? We learned through Tales etc that if we don't shut up then these companies will finally realize "oh hey, they want this thing!"

13. commodorewheeler

Yeah, I'll never be as vocal as some who clamor for physical releases, it's just not my style, but I really appreciate the efforts of people who do contact companies with these complaints. If not for them, we still might not be getting JRPGs localized here on a regular basis, and there probably wouldn't be any physical Vita games. Or X1 games either.

14. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

It's the only reason I have a Twitter account to be honest >_> I honest use it for these kind of things.

15. AnimeGamer183

AnimeGamer183 Well-Known Member

Nah, you have never ordered a game from UK before I take it? Its not that bad. may add a couple more days delivery, but I am die hard enough about making sure to get a game disc that I am willing to wait, Gravity Rush is worth it.

Twitter in general is a horrible horrible thing, its one of the social media platforms that makes me think people are a little too connected.

16. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

http://blogs.wsj.com/japanrealtime/2015/10/29/nintendo-unveils-first-smartphone-game-live-blog/

Nintendo's first mobile game isssss....

A Mii game.

17. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

It was Mii all along!

18. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

https://twitter.com/Cheesemeister3k/status/659556835578507264

New Club Nintendo briefly mentioned. So now you can get them by PLAYING games too? Interesting... I don't mind if it only goes towards digital stuff, but if we get a better choice and not the same stuff repeated all the time, it would be nice. Points just to purchase anything would be ideal, including 3rd party stuff.

19. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

I agree. If it translates into pure point with deals now and then, I would like that. Wonder how playing console games to earn points would work...

And I dun have a (smart) phone anyways so meh...

20. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I doubt I'll even touch the mobile stuff. I only own ONE mobile game, and that's cause it was an english translated VN that was originally an Android game to begin with. For $3 (for free through Google surveys...) it has a decent amount of content in it, too! Most VNs are F2P with time unlocks to work on more story, which is where microtransactions come in. Ew. I don't want money to keep me from finishing a story/having to wait... Bad use of it.