General Gaming News Topic

Discussion in 'General Video Games Discussion' started by Ammy175, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Ammy175

Ammy175 Well-Known Member

For sharing/talking about various gaming things that you don't wanna make an entirely new topic for.

Like this.

2. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Ah so that's what you wanted to make the topic for :p But yeah makes sense for random stuff that dont need a whole topic, or it's multiplatform etc etc.

Games shouldn't need day 1 patches. Boo!

Also I need to point out this VN that's ending in just over a week... https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/muvluv/muv-luv-a-pretty-sweet-visual-novel-series omg for $150 they added sooooooo much stuff! A lot to detail but having a collectors both, physical PC or Vita copy with both digital, artbook and soundtrack physical and digital and now adding a Figma?! Plus side stories for free when they hit goal?? Holy crap BEST BUNDLE EVERRRRR!!!

3. Ammy175

Never mind TWO (2) day one patches, Like, that's kinda ridiculous.

Muv-Luv still sounds weird to me (good weird), but then again, all I know about it is the Kickstarter page.

4. Chelli

Chelli Active Member

At least the AC Syndicate patches are only about a gig. There have been Day 1 patches that are far bigger than thst. :/

And is MuvLuv really as awesome as the description makes it sound? Because that name does not make me think "sci-fi epic"...

5. Akeashar

Akeashar Active Member

The day one patch for the Witcher 2 was the same size as the game again, and prior to Hearts of Stone we got hit by another 10gig or so patch. As amazing the games that CD Projekt Red make, their patching process makes me cry. Especially since that tends to be a large amount of my monthly net quota

6. Chelli

Chelli Active Member

Day 1 patches in general are ridiculous. Dear publishers: please let your developers finish their games before releasing them.

7. Ammy175

But then we wouldn't have Sonic 06. :p

8. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

That seems like a cool visual novel series but the price for the fuull version is kinda steep...

9. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

The full game is technically at only $80 for PC or Vita PHYSICAL copies. It's a trilogy, but apparently the first 2 make up one game, but would be on 2 different Vita carts (like the Japanese upcoming release). $150 just gets you the box with ALL the goodies. Also, looks like the Figma will only be unlocked if they make it to the 900k stretch goal. That probably won't be happening, but who knows!

...I'm terrible at promoting these ($$) things, aren't I? :p

10. DustyStarr

Yes, yes you are. X3 And normally I could avoid the goodies, but it seems like the goodies is actual game DLC... grr... X3 A postmodern devil thou art.

11. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Someone hire me! :x

12. DustyStarr

Look guy, I don't think you should use your skills for such evil. I'm not just telling you this as your buddy, but also as your friend: I think you would be too good at your job, and would cause mass nerd overspending. ;~;

13. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Then that would be a job well done :)

14. DustyStarr

But fwiend, it's evil ;~;

15. tilinelson2

tilinelson2 Active Member

Sony Paris Games Week conference must be underway. Can't wait for Vita news.

... * crickets * ...

16. jivehonkey

jivehonkey New Member

The last "game" they showed, with the robots that's in Detroit, called Detroit, well that's supremely my poop and the only part of the conference I caught

17. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

18. jivehonkey

jivehonkey New Member

19. jivehonkey

jivehonkey New Member

anyway im really into the game

20. Chelli

Chelli Active Member

Gravity Rush Remastered will be digital only in NA.

[font=Helvetica Neue']http://blog.us.plays...america-on-ps4/[/font]

[font=Helvetica Neue']Does anyone know how Tearaway did on PS4? I'm guessing that it bombed in Sony's eyes and this is in response to that. :/[/font]

[font=Helvetica Neue']Edit: Oops, didn't look in the game release topic before posting here. :p[/font]