Future Of The Corpse Party Games On West

Discussion in 'Corpse Party Series' started by BachBreaker, Jun 26, 2014.

1. BachBreaker

BachBreaker New Member

As you may know, Corpse party: BloodDrive will be released the next month. XSEED games will take more or less a year to localize it. Corpse Party 2: Dead Patient will be completed in the year 2017-18 approximately. What will happen after XSEED localize BloodDrive? You will have two or three more or less years to work on other projects like porting Corpse Party: Book of Shadows or BloodDrive to Steam, I don't know. What will be the future of Corpse Party on West?

2. Amaterasu175

Amaterasu175 New Member

Isn't porting BoS/BD all on Japan (i.e., XSEED can't do anything there until... somebody in Japan does)?

3. BachBreaker

BachBreaker New Member

That's why "I do not know" is there.

4. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Yeah. The first game was originally on PC, so it wasn't even ported.

5. MasterNemesis

MasterNemesis New Member

XSEED will probably wait for Dead Patient being ported to the unity engine or they will wait till all five chapters are released.
    I don't think that it will be completed in 2017 or 2018.
    The reason why chapter 2 isn't released yet is because they are porting it from their engine to unity.
    I would say it might probably be finished in 2016.
    The only Corpse Party games XSEED could localize are the IOS versions of Repeated Fear and Book Of Shadows.
    There aren't any PC games from Corpse Party next to Dead Patient or Blood Covered XSEED could localize.

6. Amaterasu175

Amaterasu175 New Member

Except I don't think XSEED is able to do mobile games, so...

7. Ryos

Ryos Active Member

That's supposedly the case at present but it's not like they couldn't do them. I don't think we'll ever see the mobile ports localized personally. Honestly, I don't think the games work too well with touchscreen, at least not the first game.

I don't think Blood Drive will take that long to localize, but I definitely think as well that Dead Patient will not be localized until all the chapters are ready, if nothing else to see how good they are overall.

8. MasterNemesis

MasterNemesis New Member

It might be nice to play it on an IPad but how does it make fun to play
    any Corpse Party game on a IPhone screen lol ^^"

9. BachBreaker

BachBreaker New Member

Actually I was talking about the full game. . Whereas they release one or two chapters per year, and that the game will hypothetically have five chapters, I think the game will be more or less complete in 2017 The following are the dates that could be thrown chapters:

- April 2015: Chapter 1 & 2 with the new graphics engine.
    - November 2015: Chapter 3.
    - May 2016: Chapter 4.
    - January 2017: Chapter 5

10. MasterNemesis

MasterNemesis New Member

I was also talking about the full game.
    I would rahter say :
    Chapter 1 : 2014
    Chapter 2 and 3 : 2015
    Chapter 4 and 5 : 2016

We can only say how long it will take to complete the game when they ported it to unity.
    It could even take less time but we will see.

11. Kintoki

Kintoki New Member

It'll be tough going from Blood Drive waiting for Dead Patient to be finished....I wonder if there is more planned in the interim? I believe Blood Drive is the end of the Kisaragi Saga, but who knows if maybe 5pb/Mages has anything else planned.

12. MasterNemesis

MasterNemesis New Member

It will definitely be the last game for HHE.
    But who know what will be with Kisaragi.
    However, I do not think they will be main chars again.
    Only cameos maybe.

13. dunno001

dunno001 Member

I know that I would happily buy them, and would love the chance to do so in English. (My Japanese is far too limited to fully enjoy them that way.) If it moves to PC, so be it, but I do know I won't buy cell phone versions.

14. BachBreaker

BachBreaker New Member

Well, one reason why I talk about this is because it is annoying to have the games on different platforms. First, the first game is on PC and PSP, the second is only available on PSP, the third is available on PS Vita, and the fourth on PC? I'd have no problem to buy a PS Vita but I find it very impractical to have splitted the series in different platforms.

15. Amaterasu175

Amaterasu175 New Member

I don't think Dead Patient is related to the first three games, and those first 3 can all be played on the Vita. Blood Drive being for the Vita only makes sense. And then think of it this way, if Blood Drive was for the PSP, then we'd have to live with BoS's ending.

16. MasterNemesis

MasterNemesis New Member

Dead Patient is the second main game. (Corpse Party 2 : Dead Patient)

You can play all Heavenly Host games on the PSVita.
    So there is no problem when you have a PSVita but not a PSP.

The story is in some points connected to the Heavenly Host games
    but since it's a new story in Dead Patient
    it isn't necessary to have played the first games.

17. BachBreaker

BachBreaker New Member

What about PC?

I wouldn't say that, since Team Grindhouse has not even been released the full game. We only have one chapter which, incidentally, is being remake so the story of the first chapter could be modified.

18. Amaterasu175

Amaterasu175 New Member

...What about it? The only CP game that's exclusive to PC is CP 2. Plot wise, it's not related to the other three, and it's being remade in Unity right now, I believe, which means there's a chance that it'll be ported to consoles if you don't have a computer, such as, say, the Vita. I don't really get why this is such a problem for you. First off, there are several other series that have all of their games across multiple platforms, and second, you're upset that the, IMO, least important game in the series (so far) isn't on the Vita.

19. BachBreaker

BachBreaker New Member

There's no need to complicate more than the necessary, I'll quote myself:

20. Amaterasu175

Amaterasu175 New Member

Well, most people have a PC of some kind, and that's where CP started, so really, it's not that "impractical." If anything, you should be complaining that the series went to Sony's portables, since the series was PC only beforehand.

And if you call a series being on 2 different consoles "very impractical," I'd like to hear what you'd call a series like Kingdom Hearts, which is on 8 different consoles now.