Fix The Slow Saving!

Discussion in 'Earth Defense Force Series' started by NoLifeDGenerate, May 24, 2016.

1. NoLifeDGenerate

NoLifeDGenerate New Member

It should NOT take so damn long. I've seen some friends take 3-5 minutes, and I notice mine is taking longer now. More than a minute to save is ridiculous to begin with. WTF did XSeed/Sandlot do here? The Japanese version did NOT have this problem when it first released. I played that too. How the hell does saving take longer than loading missions? What I find odd is that it got slower as soon as I rebooted the console. I had the PS4 running for 500 hours. Shut it off for a minute and turn it back on. Now saving is even slower, and it's pissing me off. Do you guys have any idea the amount of time people put into this game? FIX IT. Please.

2. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

...why would you have a PS4 run for 20 consecutive days?

3. NoLifeDGenerate

Why not? I ran my Xbox 360 24/7 for nearly a year playing Halo. With this, I rubberband a controller, and wake up with an extra 800 armor collected for 2 classes. At this point, consoles are essentially computers. My computer has been running 24/7 with linux for for years. someone once told me that powering on/off constantly is actually more wear and tear than just leaving things run. Makes sense, since that's essentially what caused a lot of the problems with early 360s. Not just the heat, but heating and cooling, then heating again ruined solder joints.

4. NoLifeDGenerate

Interesting. Put in 16 hours today. As soon as I created a room online for the Mutants DLC a couple hours ago, saving started taking 3x as long.

5. Ringwraith

Ringwraith Well-Known Member

It causes more problems to the OS than anything. At least with computers.
    If you want to spend the extra energy powering those things, you could keep them running though.