Final Fantasy 7 Remake Discussion

Discussion in 'General Video Games Discussion' started by Ammy175, Dec 7, 2015.

1. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

AFTER Animal Crossing? Ha-HA..... and might I add:

Ha.

2. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

Yeah, I don't know about the rest of you, but I will be working feverishly to pay off what, by then, are sure to be massive debts to Tom Nook. I really don't know how long it's going to take before I feel like playing any other game. If the game forces you to pace yourself even more than New Leaf, like if buildings and services are slow to unlock, and if there's no museum available early on, maybe I'll have less to do in the beginning.

Maybe. But anyway, coming out less than a month after AC means that FFVII has been pushed down on my priority list. It could get pushed back quite a ways, if RF4S doesn't come out far enough in advance of AC for me to complete it before then.

Plus the outdoor season has started by then, and RL kicks into gear hard in April.

3. Ammy175

Ammy175 Well-Known Member

I'm, like, the one loser who isn't going to get Animal Crossing. I had some fun with New Leaf, don't get me wrong; I'm just not really feeling it this time around.

4. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

I'm very into customizing, so being able to customize the entire island to a greater degree than any previous game is a big draw for me (I'm particularly silly about path and fences). But I would have been MUCH more into it if it had come out in Nov/Dec, like it was originally supposed to. Pushing it back to the start of spring, when the sun starts reappearing and winter lets you back out of its prison, took most of the game's importance away, for me. It'll still be loads of fun, but it will no longer provide sanity support. In fact, it'll now be a game I feel a bit bad about spending too much time with, at a time when real life needs attention. :/ (It would have been pure joy if it hadn't been delayed.)

Though I won't delude myself into believing that I don't still spend inordinate amounts of time praying that we'll have multiple path options, beyond just dirt paths. Not sure that anyone needs to feel like a loser over not being into Animal Crossing! It's not exactly the coolest of games. Lol. But fantasy or farming life-sims are my favourite.

FF VII remake is a game I'm a lot more casual about having. It looks good and I want it, and I'm curious about how the story will be expanded and where they'll section it off, but I don't feel any urgency over it.

5. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

If you do not mind my asking, where do you live Kikki? It sounds like very far North with the way you have the harsh winter and outdoor season (it's reminding me of the research I did for Scandinavian vacations X3).

Also don't be so nice, only the coolest kids play Animal Crossing. X3 It's as hardcore as it gets, if E3 2008 Reggie is to be believed. X3

6. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

I don't mind. :) I don't live ultra far north or anything...I'm in Ontario (Canada), in a spot about two hours north of Ottawa. This winter has been much better (so far) than most...much milder and with less snow, which means slightly more sunshine.) Rather than our northerly position, it's our very heavy amounts of snow that keep us from seeing a ray of sun for weeks on end...because the sky is always grey. White, at best. Blue sky in winter here usually means it is absolutely viciously cold, since cloud cover usually keeps the warm air from disappearing into the atmosphere.

It really makes me want Animal Crossing, lol. But this winter is going faster than most, thank goodness!

Well, I hope FF VII doesn't get delayed again; I know some people are really looking forward to it, and were pretty crushed to see a delay. I know it's only a month, but still, as you get close, an extra month of waiting feels rather cruel. I'm fine to wait for it, but I remember what it the AC delay felt like. :confused:

EDIT: Also, haha...I really liked Reggie, but I have to admit that I never quite thought of him as cool.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020