Fighting Games: Heaven Or Hell! Let's Rock!

Discussion in 'General Video Games Discussion' started by Captain Falcon, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Captain Falcon

Captain Falcon Well-Known Member

I tried SF4. I don't like it. Just doesn't feel right to me.

And after almost breaking my stick (I think I did break the turbo function, but I can live without that), I'm going to see if a octagonal gate does any better for me than the square gate.

2. Raikyn

Raikyn New Member

I have a really hard time with KOFXIII, the tutorial is insane x)
    Maybe i should buy an arcade stick

3. Captain Falcon

There is a learning curve, certainly, when it comes to starting to play stick. But after a while, I just feel like it's more natural.

4. KlausRealta

KlausRealta Well-Known Member

Falcon, would you recommend a fight stick for BlazBlue? I'm terrible with the controls, so I thought maybe looking into a fight stick, but I only want to get one if it's worth it because I can't find any good fight stick deals.

5. Clessy

Clessy Member

Fight sticks are something you'll suck hardcore with but once you learn them they feel so good.

6. Captain Falcon

I have several sticks across various platforms, but my primary stick (aforementioned stick I almost broke by hitting it because I was pissed) is a PS3 TE stick; in other words, one of the $100+ sticks. I'll say this: getting a stick is not going to suddenly make you better. In fact, initially, you'll probably do worse. But as you play with it, it'll feel more natural. As to whether you'll end up "better" with the stick over pad, I can't say. But I certainly prefer stick.

7. MasterNemesis

MasterNemesis New Member

Yeah SF4 is very tricky and hard. And you can really play it only with a stick because else it's just to hard.
    Thats why I'm more into 2D fighters like BlazBlue, Persona 4 Arena, the old but gold 2D Dragon Ball fighters etc.

8. MasterNemesis

MasterNemesis New Member

It's just Street Fighter and Tekken were some games, I played when I was a little kid.
    Nowadays there are other fighting games I prefer like I said.

9. MasterNemesis

MasterNemesis New Member

You don't need arcade sticks at all for fighting games.
    But of course a arcade stick is better because it is much easier to play with.
    Unfortunately arcade sticks are expensive but you shouldn't buy cheap ones because of quality.
    And since some fighting games are made in first hand for Arcade a stick is recommended.
    Some games are also impossible to play with since you can't do some or any combos at all when you don't use one.

10. Savin877

Savin877 New Member

Still eagerly awaiting GG Xrd. That game cannot hit consoles soon enough. We really need some more characters though.

11. Kintoki

Kintoki New Member

How do some of you play fighting games on the Vita, lol?

The DS3 is bad enough, but at least it has a disjointed d-pad instead of having it all in one like Vita does.

12. AweOfShe

AweOfShe New Member

I've been playing Last Blade 2 on Dreamcast with one of my friends, lately.

I've never been good at SNK fighters, but I'm actually pretty okay at this one! Helps that this is my favorite one though, especially in terms of presentation.

13. TiamatNM

TiamatNM New Member

I've still got my DC copy of Last Blade 2. Good game but the white blood in the DC version is dumb

14. AweOfShe

AweOfShe New Member

That is most definitely a localization thing. I've been cutting people in half with Hibiki's special, and it's a red bloody mess. XD

15. TiamatNM

TiamatNM New Member

oh you're playing the import? The US version is censored

16. AweOfShe

AweOfShe New Member

Yeah. Mostly been picking up Japanese games since I got to Japan. My English pick ups lately are pretty much on WiiU/3DS, lol.

When I picked up JP Last Blade 2, it was only 500 yen (5 bucks give or take). Couldn't say no.

17. Captain Falcon

I don't know how proficient you are in Japanese, but perhaps enough that you wouldn't even be doing that except that somebody still feels the need to region lock their systems.

18. MrBanballow

MrBanballow New Member

Playing Blazblue: Chrono Phantasma (Vita) w/ Kokonoe...
    Kokonone... Win!!
    *Kokonoe pulls out what appears to be a bright orange Segway*
    *Starts to hum "White and Nerdy"*
    ... they see me roll on, my Segway...
    ... in my heart, I know they think I'm white and nerdy!!

Playing Blazblue: Chrono Phantasma (Vita) w/ Taokaka...
    I've come up with an almost foolproof plan for clearing Arcade on default settings...
    ... Tao is gonna come at you...
    *Dpad D > DF > F + O*
    *Tao starts to swing up and down while slowly walking forward*
    ... like this, and if you get hit, it's your oooooown fault.

19. AweOfShe

AweOfShe New Member

Haha, you could be right. I brought my NA Wii U and 3DS with me, because of the online for MH3U mainly. Wii U releases have mostly been localized, and so far the only titles I feel inclined to pick up a JP Wii U for are Taiko, and Just Dance (and maybe eventually Fatal Frame U, just to play it earlier, or if it doesn't get localized), so I haven't bothered to grab one yet.

I bought a JP 3DS because there are at least a ton of games I want that will not be localized, as well as eShop games. Even if the 3DS was region-free, I'd imagine the eShop integration would be as half-hearted as PSN Store is on the Vita. :/

I still tend to reverse-import English releases if the price is cheaper though. I AM PART OF THE PROBLEM. D:

20. Captain Falcon

So, I got my octagonal gate for my stick, and installed it. I know it's a preference thing, but I feel like I might just not accidentally jump nearly as much when every direction has its own groove.