Fighting Games: Heaven Or Hell! Let's Rock!

Discussion in 'General Video Games Discussion' started by Captain Falcon, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Captain Falcon

Captain Falcon Well-Known Member

While I don't exactly suppose to be all that good at these things, this genre is one that I enjoy a lot, and I noticed it didn't have a topic yet. I'm particular for 2D fighters myself; 3D ones just don't really do it for me. As the topic title may indicate, one such series is Guilty Gear (although I've only played iterations of X2). Also from Arc System Works, BlazBlue. I'm really lookng forward to GG Xrd and BB Chronophantasma (I swear ASW enjoys giving their games the most asinine subtitles).

Funny enough, I don't really like Street Fighter all that much; at least, not IV. It just moves too slow for me, even compared to some of Capcom's other fighters, like the Vs. series.

And when I play, I use an expensive fight stick (I have one for both 360 and PS3). It took a little getting used to, but now, playing on pad is kind of awkward for me.

Anyway, here's a topic for your fighting game aficionados out there.

2. cahm

cahm Member

I'm not too good on fighting games too, but i enjoy them, my particular favorite until today is Killer Instinc, i played that a great part of my childish age (though is not a game made for little kids), i'm not a very good friend of mortal kombat and street fighter series (specially the IV, something on it kicks me out).
    Like a month ago i received my 3ds version of Blazblue Continuum Shift II (here, in my country is rare to find, at least the 3ds version), i didn't release it until have the 100% of gallery, story mode completed, arcade mode beated with all characters, legion mode finished and beated the floor 999 ob abyss mode (though only with Ragna until now). Weird thing to add, i'm grateful that this game must be played with the D-Pad (you can't move with the circle pad), i'm used to make the quarter circles, "U" turn with a convencional D-pad.

Almost forgotting, i'm encouraging a friend with PS3 to buy Blazblue: Chronophantasma

3. Captain Falcon

I went through the Arcade mode of CP last summer while I was in Japan. I only played as Izayoi, but she's a character I could see myself using. My brother played as Azrael, and said he's a beast.

4. Kintoki

Kintoki New Member

Yup, suck at fighters, but will be picking up Chrono Phantasma and GG Xrd when they come out here. But I think my favorite to actually play this gen was Arcana Heart 3. The ability to just fly all over the place was just ridiculously fun.

5. TiamatNM

TiamatNM New Member

I don't think there are many fighting game players on this board. I used to be really into them and even went to tournaments and stuff, though the only game I've ever actually won any tournaments for is Soul Calibur series games (never won anything really big though). I haven't played fighting games a lot in recent years. I am looking forward to Guily Gear Xrd and the P4A sequel though. Arc System works is the best. Street Fighter 4 is awful :p

6. Amaterasu175

Amaterasu175 New Member

I played a bit of UMvC3 on my Vita, realized I sucked at figuring out the complexity of the controls, and haven't touched it since. I did buy P4A, though, since I've been told it's noob friendly. Haven't actually started it, though.

7. Kintoki

Kintoki New Member

You'd be surprised at the amount of fans Blazblue generates because of the characters and story.

8. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

I suck at fighting games, so I really only play Smash Bros anymore. Which depending on who you ask doesn't even count as a fighting game.

9. Amaterasu175

Amaterasu175 New Member

Oh yeah, if we count Smash Bros., that's all I really play when it comes to fighting games. I dunno why, but I never count those games as fighting games. I dunno what else I'd call them, though...

10. KlausRealta

KlausRealta Well-Known Member

That's stupid. It should be counted as a fighter since it's in that big fighting tournament that I forgot the name of.... it probably won't come back to me...

As for the fighters I play, the only ones are SSB and BlazBlue, although the latter is really only for the story. I also played MvC2 when it was in the arcades at GameWorks just because Mega Man was in it though.

11. cahm

cahm Member

APEX tournament maybe?

12. KlausRealta

KlausRealta Well-Known Member

Nope, I was thinking of EVO.

13. Captain Falcon

I have that on my PS3. The only character I have a decent combo for is Lilica, which does, in fact, require the air dash to complete.

14. cahm

cahm Member

The gameplay has good points too, i never played BB before obtain mine, and i was captivated by it...

15. Captain Falcon

On the story note, it's like a VN, for better or worse. Personally, I wasn't always a big fan of reading for like ten-fifteen minutes for one 60 second fight, but to each his own. I did enjoy the story; I just wish there would have been a tad more fighting per section of story.

16. Seriaku

Seriaku New Member

I play alot of Blazblue, I importated CP in as well. I main Mu-12

17. cahm

cahm Member

Don't forget the "Help me!! Profesor Kokonoe" gag of the bad endings, mostly of them were funny

18. Captain Falcon

I forgot you still existed, let alone would trek over here.

Anyway, I wasn't so impatient that I couldn't wait for the localization.

19. kopykatx

kopykatx Active Member

I kinda suck at fighters but definitely enjoy them, especially 2d fighters. I like ASW fighters, Arcana Hearts, some KoF games, and Street Fighter Alpha 3. The only 3D fighter I like is DOA(combos feel so fluid).

I personally don't consider Smash a fighter. I classify it as an arena fighter(like Power Stone, and Ehrgeiz), but I don't flip out when others call it a fighter.

I'm really looking forward to GG Xrd, and BB:CP(kinda sucks Kokonoe is banned though).

20. Shizukari

Shizukari New Member

Last fighting game I've played was UMvC3 on the Vita. If anyone wants to play that one, I'm up for it.